Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/7/2024 1:48:15 AM EDT
2024 is here.

The USA is 34 trillion in debt it can't repay.  Millions of illegal aliens are flooding into the country monthly, all the government including (R) wants them here.  BRICS is going to cause issues for the dollar.  The middle east is on fire.  The USA's military power is waning.  The economy has issues, inflation is high.   China is more and more militant.  The list goes on and on.

Is 2024 when America Falls?  4

Or is it all just DOOM and everything is ok?

HOW THE WORLD WILL END | Countdown to Armageddon
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 2:04:47 AM EDT
[#1]
yes

likely

maybe

not sure

Link Posted: 1/7/2024 2:05:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Look! Another Doomer thread. Yes Mad Max times upon us. Stack Food, bullets, water, etc. We are fucked.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 2:08:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 2:08:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Laughs in fats people everywhere. America isn’t going down. We are the land of surplus and nobody can take it from us.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 2:36:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
2024 is here.

The USA is 34 trillion in debt it can't repay.  Millions of illegal aliens are flooding into the country monthly, all the government including (R) wants them here.  BRICS is going to cause issues for the dollar.  The middle east is on fire.  The USA's military power is waning.  The economy has issues, inflation is high.   China is more and more militant.  The list goes on and on.

Is 2024 when America Falls?  4

Or is it all just DOOM and everything is ok?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdMFXwKbraI
View Quote

I'm quite convinced we've been in the early stages of a global unraveling for some time, hard to put a date on it because some of the causes go back a long ways, but at least since 2008, which incidently was when I gave up predicting anything because they simply changed all the rules when they became inconvenient.

It's likely to take a long time though, and the US is by no means in a relatively bad position. (although I'm increasingly worried about China as a competitor in the longer term, I think the common wisdom is way too bearish on their situation)

If we can keep old-world problems from becoming our problems we'd do alright, New World problems we can handle.

The pressure will be highest as our growth-dependent systems push against various limits in a destabilizing world, until real growth stops. That's when really crazy shit will happen if it's going to, and that's a few years away, maybe quite a few, and maybe not if AI figures out a way to decouple growth from energy and population, which seems unlikely.

2024 is going to be a real shitshow though, and I think the left is going to pick up a significant tailwind this spring and summer and into the election, which is only going to increase tensions and weaken the economy.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 3:00:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 3:03:05 AM EDT
[#7]
This is the way the America ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 3:06:21 AM EDT
[#8]
It’s time for a purge and reset. Will it happen? No because the tax slaves love their stuff and the Super Bowl, The Kardashians, and whatever else bullshit tv show keeps their heads buried.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 3:06:24 AM EDT
[#9]
event horizon

Its a funny thing because it is imperceptible in real time
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 3:18:18 AM EDT
[#10]
If you get right with Jesus it changes your perspective. Ya, ya ya…blah blah blah.

No really, you should try it.

I still have preps, I still have gunzzz and ammo. I’m still equipped and prepared to defend my family and neighbors. I still believe in America.

It’s just…different now.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 3:23:02 AM EDT
[#11]
There's no fall, everything just gets shittier

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 3:32:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Only if we choose to overthrow it.  Seems easy, huh?
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 8:38:28 AM EDT
[#13]
I'd say chances of this happening is greater than it has ever been.  The days of the "old norm" are gone.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 8:50:05 AM EDT
[#14]
According to GD, America is going to fall every 4 years.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 9:06:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd say chances of this happening is greater than it has ever been.  The days of the "old norm" are gone.
View Quote

Remember the civil war?
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 9:10:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Laughs in fats people everywhere. America isn’t going down. We are the land of surplus and nobody can take it from us.
View Quote

@sabre_kc

Trust me, the U.S. government can fuck up a wet dream.  When things go to shit, they go fast.  Venezuela is a great recent example.  All it takes is the wrong people in power.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 9:12:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 9:21:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep.
"Obama's going to suspend elections and declare martial law!"
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 9:23:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 9:25:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Its going to be like when it fell in 2012.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 9:25:35 AM EDT
[#21]
As long as we can continue to export more debt globally via fiat & men keep producing at a rate that supports government spending we will be fine.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 9:55:56 AM EDT
[#22]
The world as we know it has been going to end as long as people have been talking about it. It's still going strong
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:00:01 AM EDT
[#23]

Hell yeah, I’m a big fan of DOOM. Might have to play a little this morning, thanks for the reminder.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:01:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:10:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Get your house in order. Get the shit you need. Security, food, water, shelter. One you have a solid foundation stop dwelling on it.

Prepping is a solid idea until it takes you from being prepared to financially unprepared, because you’re spending all your money on dumb shit.

I’ve said it here before and got flamed. The most likely SHTF scenario people need to be prepared for is losing their jobs or financial problems.

Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:17:00 AM EDT
[#26]
History will reveal that the collapse started some time ago
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:24:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
History will reveal that the collapse started some time ago
View Quote

...and will continue the downward spiral for a long time.

It really started going down in 1861 when Honest Abe assumed dictatorial powers, and things have gotten worse from there.

Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:25:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Some of y’all would really benefit from a mental health professional in your lives.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:32:33 AM EDT
[#29]
America has already fallen.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:38:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Some of y’all would really benefit from a mental health professional in your lives.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Indeed.

People who suffer the Ostrich Effect receive relevant information, but intentionally decide not to evaluate its implications, rejecting that data. In other words: we avoid or even deny information when it forces us to confront and internalize disappointments that we prefer to avoid.

In any case, the Ostrich Effect is a psychological mechanism that we activate to try escape from the negative feelings associated with that problem or conflict. If we ignore the problem and avoid thinking about its implications, we will also avoid the negative feelings that it usually generates. It’s a kind of psychological shield, although that doesn’t mean it’s an adaptive strategy.

https://psychology-spot.com/ostrich-effect/

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:42:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Just as long as Trump takes the blame who cares?

Dooooomed!!!
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:43:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
America has already fallen.
View Quote

The Stolen Election might have been the turning point, or it might have been TARP, or the Covid Payouts.    Nevertheless, it’s well behind us.

You aren’t going to see a “Collapse” like in the movies.  

You Will see continued inflation, both fast and slow; until we resemble Brazil.     The dollar will even have the same value.    30 for a beer. 40 for a sammich.  80 for a nice breakfast.    

You don’t have to speculate aimlessly.   Take a trip to S.America and you can literally See it for yourself.    Even the demographics are similar.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:48:02 AM EDT
[#33]
no idea.

but let's get this party started whilst i'm still young enough to enjoy my post collapse career as a Negan-esque warlord in post apocalyptic seattle.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:53:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, but we seem willing to give it all away.

We are a couple Supreme Court Justices away from losing the country. More and more the SC is being ignored.
If there is no law and no borders, there is no country.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:56:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Well, it's true that we are all going to die.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:56:41 AM EDT
[#36]
One thing to keep in mind is that good times we know of were the span of not even 100 years.

Humanity was pain and suffering, our lives were spent trying to survive. Constantly conquering one another. We had our founding, war of 1812,  the civil war, WW1, WW2. Since, things have been peaceful in comparison and we’ve seen technological advancement like never in human history.

Thousands and thousands of years of lifetimes upon lifetimes of unimaginable to us complete bullshit and horror.

We saw the result of the peak of human civilization, the culmination of thousands of years of suffering.

This isn’t even a flash in the pan, it can call be gone very quickly. Or worse, it will be taken very slowly. Replaced with god can only imagine what.

Progress does not have to continue. But god gave us trump.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:56:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
no idea.

but let's get this party started whilst i'm still young enough to enjoy my post collapse career as a Negan-esque warlord in post apocalyptic seattle.
View Quote

Same, but in the midwest…
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:56:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:59:06 AM EDT
[#39]
nope if we would stay out of foreign wars.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:59:25 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 11:00:00 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
It's time for a purge and reset. Will it happen? No because the tax slaves love their stuff and the Super Bowl, The Kardashians, and whatever else bullshit tv show keeps their heads buried.
View Quote

The Purge Siren For 5 Minutes
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 11:01:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/132893/DtpRs3r_jpeg_jpg-3084961.JPG
View Quote
merica has been heading for a children of men-esque shitty dystopian future for a while now.

Children of Men Opening Scene

Link Posted: 1/7/2024 11:02:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The world as we know it has been going to end as long as people have been talking about it. It's still going strong
View Quote

R.E.M. - It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 11:02:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 11:02:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 11:03:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Same, but in the midwest  
View Quote
we can trade warlord tips!

me?

i like a framing hammer, a hatchet, and a barbed wire wrapped baseball bat for EDC.

you?
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 11:03:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Already happened. Revolution is over.  We have to operate as such
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 11:04:07 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

More like DOOM!!   (Every 4 days...)

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 11:05:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/132893/DtpRs3r_jpeg_jpg-3084961.JPG
View Quote

Yup

People that expect a big single event to signify it just don't live in reality and are ignorant of how things are shaping and how they will go
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 11:06:03 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top