User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 12:53:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Guess what, a German citizen,  circa 1912 could say similar, and again in 1938 could crow about the same thing, “ my life is better than anyone before me, so modern ! Look at all we have ! Such greatness !

A few short years guns were confiscated, later the SS was dragging people out and shooting them, and foreign militaries bombing your neighborhood into rubble, history is filled with examples of great civilizations who quickly went from hot, to not, very quickly. Make no mistake, the USA passed “ hot “ decades ago, and is quickly sinking into “ not”. Idiocracy as a movie was funny, your country adopting it as a how to manual, very not so much so.

% wise, the future generations, including yours, and your kids, will have worse standards of living than your parents had, the days of each generation % wise / increasing having “ better lives”  than their parents before them is over, now each generation that % will decrease every generation, with fewer and fewer having the same, much less better, while more and more have less. Less freedom, less money, less buying power, less opportunities, less peace, less safety, etc.

You don’t know how badly it hurts me to say this, I take zero pleasure in it, it fills me with a mix of great sadness / rage honestly at what my country is becoming.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OK fellas, I’ll give you some unpopular truths. Please feel free to poke holes in them and prove to me that America is falling.

Ours is the most powerful civilization in the history of the world. I’m but 1 of its common citizens in a state that most Americans probably can’t find on a map, I am not rich by any means but……I have more firepower, books, salt, spices, oils, tools, clothing, gear, cookware, appliances, fine cuts of meat, flour, sugar, Tabasco Sauce, charcoal, wine and whiskey from across the nation in my home right now in quantities that nobody before me in my family has ever had. My house has 6 ceiling fans and 5 refrigerators. I can safely travel across the nation by car, train, boat, and plane cheaply any time I choose to. My home has temperature controlled clean water in several places available with the touch of a hand. Temperature control is so common that we now have phones that control our thermostats, and most of us have no idea where the fuel comes from that heats their homes.

We have more of everything than anybody who has ever lived. And, we’re also badasses that can move and fight at the drop of hat if we should ever have to defend our women and firesides. Nobody is close guys. We are it. We’re at the top and we are still accelerating. This is the truth, and it doesn’t depend on who the president is. It depends on us continuing to advance.

Guess what, a German citizen,  circa 1912 could say similar, and again in 1938 could crow about the same thing, “ my life is better than anyone before me, so modern ! Look at all we have ! Such greatness !

A few short years guns were confiscated, later the SS was dragging people out and shooting them, and foreign militaries bombing your neighborhood into rubble, history is filled with examples of great civilizations who quickly went from hot, to not, very quickly. Make no mistake, the USA passed “ hot “ decades ago, and is quickly sinking into “ not”. Idiocracy as a movie was funny, your country adopting it as a how to manual, very not so much so.

% wise, the future generations, including yours, and your kids, will have worse standards of living than your parents had, the days of each generation % wise / increasing having “ better lives”  than their parents before them is over, now each generation that % will decrease every generation, with fewer and fewer having the same, much less better, while more and more have less. Less freedom, less money, less buying power, less opportunities, less peace, less safety, etc.

You don’t know how badly it hurts me to say this, I take zero pleasure in it, it fills me with a mix of great sadness / rage honestly at what my country is becoming.

Oh no. As demand (people) increases, price/cost/difficulty/value increases as well. Damn you, supply and demand.

You know what would make life good for the majority of people?

A mass die off. The survivors will have more resources than they could dream of and everything will be cheap.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 12:55:01 PM EDT
[#2]
It’s close to being over right now, 4 more years of Obama and stick a fork in her.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 2:15:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It’s close to being over right now, 4 more years of Obama and stick a fork in her.
View Quote

ARFCOM says this every 4 years.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 2:16:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Several times a week for the nearly 20 years I've been here.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 2:17:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I think we've got a couple more years, but certainly within this decade.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 2:59:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't understand. It's REALLY all over THIS TIME.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 4:03:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 12:54:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
OK fellas, I’ll give you some unpopular truths. Please feel free to poke holes in them and prove to me that America is falling.

Ours is the most powerful civilization in the history of the world. I’m but 1 of its common citizens in a state that most Americans probably can’t find on a map, I am not rich by any means but……I have more firepower, books, salt, spices, oils, tools, clothing, gear, cookware, appliances, fine cuts of meat, flour, sugar, Tabasco Sauce, charcoal, wine and whiskey from across the nation in my home right now in quantities that nobody before me in my family has ever had. My house has 6 ceiling fans and 5 refrigerators. I can safely travel across the nation by car, train, boat, and plane cheaply any time I choose to. My home has temperature controlled clean water in several places available with the touch of a hand. Temperature control is so common that we now have phones that control our thermostats, and most of us have no idea where the fuel comes from that heats their homes.

We have more of everything than anybody who has ever lived. And, we’re also badasses that can move and fight at the drop of hat if we should ever have to defend our women and firesides. Nobody is close guys. We are it. We’re at the top and we are still accelerating. This is the truth, and it doesn’t depend on who the president is. It depends on us continuing to advance.
View Quote

You just made the argument why we will fall, our egos, and high percentage of our population have never had to or know how to deal with hard times. We’re soft as a nation.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 12:56:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The sky is falling! The USA sucks! My guy isn't getting BJ's in the Oval Office!

Millions of people risk their lives (and their family's lives) to make their way here every year. I am amazed by those who don't realize how good we have it compared to the rest of the world and all of history.
View Quote

They know they will be taken care of and get free money.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 1:03:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I’ll simply say this.

Name 1 single thing that has gotten “ better” in the last 4 years, or name one thing , rule, law, leader, politician, agenda, etc, that leads you to believe things will get better in any way, shape, or form.

Because I can’t name a single thing indicating “ better” is inbound….. but I can name dozens / hundreds of examples of why it’s probably going to get worse.
View Quote

Glock Clones and 5.7 Pistols.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 2:13:39 AM EDT
[#11]
America has already fallen.  Its the lost corrupt nation on earth. And, more than 60% of the population is oblivious to the corruption.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 8:42:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You just made the argument why we will fall, our egos, and high percentage of our population have never had to or know how to deal with hard times. We’re soft as a nation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There’s a lot of fat, I’ll absolutely give you that. People here have the luxury of eating all day and not producing any food. Hell, they don’t even have to get off their couches to have the 24/7 pizza truck my deliveries right to their doors, this would have astonished anybody that survived the Oregon Trail…but I digress.

Think about the 20,000 toughest civilians in your state, not the cops. I mean the guys that WILL defend their homes. Nobody is going over them, nobody is going through them. They know their land and have necessary skills. You can do this exact exercise in any state in the Union. I wouldn’t make the cut in Missouri, but I know men that would and they aren’t soft.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top