Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/6/2023 9:47:35 PM EDT
The War on food by the genocide crowd continues unabated. They're going to take your coffee.

https://www.esquire.com/lifestyle/health/a43622878/caffeine-addiction/

Bivens now believes the source of his medical issues was neither a disease nor a mental illness. Rather, he attributes his health decline to caffeine, the most commonly used, socially acceptable psychoactive substance in the world. For years, Bivens had been consuming close to 1,000 milligrams of caffeine per day, two and a half times the daily recommended limit and the equivalent of more than ten cups of coffee. The habit had wreaked havoc on his central nervous system and in turn caused myriad physical and psychological problems.

“People don’t understand that caffeine is an actual drug,” says Bivens. “It’s not Kool-Aid.”
----------------------------------------------------------

There is perhaps no mind-altering substance as tightly woven into the fabric of daily life than caffeine. Nearly 80 percent of adults in the U.S. consume caffeine, in some form, every day. Coffee is the primary caffeine-delivery mechanism for many people—two thirds of American adults drink it every day—and many consider it an indispensable part of daily life. T-shirts and, naturally, coffee mugs exclaim, “Not before I’ve had my coffee” or “But first, coffee,” as if the travails of everyday living are impossible without a morning cup of joe. For some, coffee even serves as a handy substitute for having a personality. Whether it’s new mothers who think they should have a priority line at Starbucks; snobs who traffic exclusively in organic, sustainably grown fair-trade beans; or Zoomers sharing their insane coffee concoctions on TikTok, conspicuous coffee consumption is a cultural signifier. Entire human interactions—the coffee date, the coffee break at work, the post-dinner mug—revolve around its ingestion.

So ubiquitous is caffeine in our culture that it doesn’t even register to people as a drug. Step out of the office for a midafternoon cigarette and people might look at you askance. Get caught doing a bump of coke in the office bathroom as a midday pick-me-up and it’s grounds for immediate termination. But slam a Monster or a quad-shot Americano at work and people will think you’re a go-getter.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 9:48:58 PM EDT
[#1]
My wife's heath improves when she forgoes coffee. Especially acne for whatever reason.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 9:49:35 PM EDT
[#2]
No.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 9:51:07 PM EDT
[#3]
You gotta be shitting me!
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 9:51:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Dude was taking a fucking gram of caffeine a day and is shocked there were problems? Does he eat a pound of sugar daily too?
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 9:53:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Fuck no. It tastes good, provides caffeine, and is good for the liver I hear.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 9:53:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 9:56:44 PM EDT
[#7]
That's a lot of caffeine, he'd probably be healthier if it was cut by 75%.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 9:58:24 PM EDT
[#8]
1,000 MG of caffeine isn't kool-aid? No shit?
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 9:59:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Covfefe is probably the healthiest drink that Americans regularly consume.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 10:01:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I have been drinking decaf coffee for 25 years now, I drink coffee for the taste, not for the caffeine.  

Link Posted: 5/6/2023 10:02:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Ingesting too much of anything - including water - can fuck you up.

Touch my coffee and your health will be at risk, not mine.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 10:09:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 10:12:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 10:13:07 PM EDT
[#14]
For the record, I don’t like fair trade, but that still leaves a lot of coffee that I do like.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 11:10:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 11:23:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Perhaps he should take up chewing gum to curb the cravings?
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 11:29:56 PM EDT
[#17]
no.

Link Posted: 5/6/2023 11:32:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The War on food by the genocide crowd continues unabated. They're going to take your coffee.

https://www.esquire.com/lifestyle/health/a43622878/caffeine-addiction/

Bivens now believes the source of his medical issues was neither a disease nor a mental illness. Rather, he attributes his health decline to caffeine, the most commonly used, socially acceptable psychoactive substance in the world. For years, Bivens had been consuming close to 1,000 milligrams of caffeine per day, two and a half times the daily recommended limit and the equivalent of more than ten cups of coffee. The habit had wreaked havoc on his central nervous system and in turn caused myriad physical and psychological problems.

“People don’t understand that caffeine is an actual drug,” says Bivens. “It’s not Kool-Aid.”
----------------------------------------------------------

There is perhaps no mind-altering substance as tightly woven into the fabric of daily life than caffeine. Nearly 80 percent of adults in the U.S. consume caffeine, in some form, every day. Coffee is the primary caffeine-delivery mechanism for many people—two thirds of American adults drink it every day—and many consider it an indispensable part of daily life. T-shirts and, naturally, coffee mugs exclaim, “Not before I’ve had my coffee” or “But first, coffee,” as if the travails of everyday living are impossible without a morning cup of joe. For some, coffee even serves as a handy substitute for having a personality. Whether it’s new mothers who think they should have a priority line at Starbucks; snobs who traffic exclusively in organic, sustainably grown fair-trade beans; or Zoomers sharing their insane coffee concoctions on TikTok, conspicuous coffee consumption is a cultural signifier. Entire human interactions—the coffee date, the coffee break at work, the post-dinner mug—revolve around its ingestion.

So ubiquitous is caffeine in our culture that it doesn’t even register to people as a drug. Step out of the office for a midafternoon cigarette and people might look at you askance. Get caught doing a bump of coke in the office bathroom as a midday pick-me-up and it’s grounds for immediate termination. But slam a Monster or a quad-shot Americano at work and people will think you’re a go-getter.
View Quote

"For years, Bivens had been consuming close to 1,000 milligrams of caffeine per day"

AKA

"When I do this is hurts"

"Stop fucking doing that then"

Also I think Bivens needs his thyroid checked.

Before I got my blood work done I was drinking almost 2 pots of coffee a day. I was just always fucking tired.

Got that sorted out, and now I feel wired if I drink close to 1 pot.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 11:33:40 PM EDT
[#19]
You can have my coffee cup when you pry it out of my cold dead hands!
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 11:35:42 PM EDT
[#20]
I buy my coffee at a local hippie co-op or Whole Foods not because it is Fair Trade or whatever, but because its more flavorful, a better variety, and stronger with light roasts. Grocery store bullshit like Folgers is swill crafted to sell Rolaids to philistine plebs with no tastebuds.

They will bring a wrath like never seen before if they get between some people and their coffee.  I will literally start quoting Ezekiel to motherfuckers standing between me and my coffee. Coffee is my Shepherd walking this righteously caffeinated man through the valley of darkness in the morning.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 11:37:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Well, Caffeine objectively isn't good for you long term. It's probably healthier to not indulge. Given the results of my recent blood work though, I think I'll just keep drinking it until I die.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 11:44:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have been drinking decaf coffee for 25 years now, I drink coffee for the taste, not for the caffeine.  

View Quote

I drink instant and will usually drink one cup of the hard stuff and then one cup of decaffeinated. Sometimes I feel like a cup of decaffeinated after dinner. According to googles, one cup of instant is 64 mg of caffeine. Over 1,000 a day is insane!
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 11:53:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I drink instant and will usually drink one cup of the hard stuff and then one cup of decaffeinated. Sometimes I feel like a cup of decaffeinated after dinner. According to googles, one cup of instant is 64 mg of caffeine. Over 1,000 a day is insane!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

After working for 38 years and stopping at the store outside the refinery for coffee in the morning, that was a big routine to break.  I retired three years ago and still leave the house every morning to go and get a cup of coffee and bring it back home,  I can make it cheaper at home, but leaving in the morning makes me feel good.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 11:53:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Caffeine and alcohol are a major contributor to calcium loss in bones. More of those may lead to such things as a compressed vertebra and stress cracks as we all age.

Link Posted: 5/6/2023 11:53:38 PM EDT
[#25]
I gave up caffeine about 7 years ago,I was drinking 3 440z big gulps of Mountain Dew a day on average, not sure how much caffine that was. Quitting brought my BP and sugar levels down to normal levels...I also quit smoking about the same time. The ironic part is that I gained weight as well
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 11:55:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Dude was taking a fucking gram of caffeine a day and is shocked there were problems? Does he eat a pound of sugar daily too?
View Quote

It’s all relative
A gram of caffeine sounds like a bad day but not unheard of.
That’s a coffee and 3 bangs
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 11:58:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

It’s all relative
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s all relative

I'm not sure if the advertised caffeine content in Bangs is even true.

Regarding Caffeine. Does anyone know if there's a maximum bioavailable dosage for 1 sitting? What I mean is this:
I chug a Bang. The effect doesn't feel like 300mg of caffeine. What percentage isn't absorbed all at once?
If I drink 2x Rip Its within an hour casually. it seems like the caffeine works better if taken gradually.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 12:16:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I gave up caffeine about 7 years ago,I was drinking 3 440z big gulps of Mountain Dew a day on average, not sure how much caffine that was. Quitting brought my BP and sugar levels down to normal levels...I also quit smoking about the same time. The ironic part is that I gained weight as well
View Quote

Smoking reduces food cravings which is why most people gain weight when they quit smoking
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 12:22:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 12:24:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 12:28:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I buy my coffee at a local hippie co-op or Whole Foods not because it is Fair Trade or whatever, but because its more flavorful, a better variety, and stronger with light roasts. Grocery store bullshit like Folgers is swill crafted to sell Rolaids to philistine plebs with no tastebuds.

They will bring a wrath like never seen before if they get between some people and their coffee.  I will literally start quoting Ezekiel to motherfuckers standing between me and my coffee. Coffee is my Shepherd walking this righteously caffeinated man through the valley of darkness in the morning.
View Quote

Yep, that Folgers shit is gross.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 12:40:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Don’t talk to me before I’ve had my morning coffee, ‘cuz you won’t like the answer. I’ve worked with old timers that’d stab a motherfucker as quick as look at him if you even approached ‘em before they finished their coffee.

As a good friend explained to the super-duper chipper safety queer on his first day, when he was lecturing everyone about the evils of energy drinks and caffeine,

“Caffeine doesn’t make us violent, we just wake up and choose violence, ‘cuz getting up at 4:30 for three months straight does that to a man. The caffeine is what keeps the monster in check.”
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 12:45:43 AM EDT
[#33]

I have coffee running through my veins.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 12:47:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 12:50:54 AM EDT
[#35]
I don't drink Coffee, but I do drink black or green tea almost every day.  Usually 2 cups.  They'll have to take it from my cold, dead hands.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 12:55:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Caffeine and alcohol are a major contributor to calcium loss in bones. More of those may lead to such things as a compressed vertebra and stress cracks as we all age.

View Quote

I think what you meant to say is that coffee MAY contribute to bone loss in certain older women with a certain inherited gene mutation, but there is no evidence to support that it contributes to bone loss in younger women or in men.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 12:56:08 AM EDT
[#37]
If you are consuming a Gram+ of caffeine a day, yeah, you might have health issues.

Like many things, it is about moderation.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 12:57:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Preach it, brother.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 1:02:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I'm not sure if the advertised caffeine content in Bangs is even true.

Regarding Caffeine. Does anyone know if there's a maximum bioavailable dosage for 1 sitting? What I mean is this:
I chug a Bang. The effect doesn't feel like 300mg of caffeine. What percentage isn't absorbed all at once?
If I drink 2x Rip Its within an hour casually. it seems like the caffeine works better if taken gradually.
View Quote

Think it matters more what you’ve got on your stomach when drinking. If I chug a C4 before breakfast, I’ll start itching pretty quick, but it wears off by lunch.

If you find a flavor you like, I’d recommend c4 over the others out there, much as I love rip its. No crash, and it lasts all day if you drink it while eating breakfast. Supposed to be healthier than the other stuff out there, too, but nothing with artificial sweetener is actually “healthy.”

It’s a toss up between c4 and hot coffee in the winter, they’ll both warm you up.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 1:37:16 AM EDT
[#40]

Myt grandfather used to drink that.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 1:41:22 AM EDT
[#41]
cut down? Sure.
Quit? No.
Coffee shall not be infringed.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 1:45:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Slave to his addiction. What a dumbass.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 1:54:31 AM EDT
[#43]
1000mg of caffeine from coffee is about 10 x 6 oz cups.

A starbucks Venti is 20 oz of coffee.

3 of those is 60 oz

that is about 720 mg, I did that and more most days I flew for the airline for 26 years.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 2:01:21 AM EDT
[#44]
I was a hardcore coffee drinker my whole adult life, beginning with mess hall coffee in the army. I continued to drink 10 to 12 cups a day after I retired from the army.

And then one day I developed SVT. That was no fun. I eventually got it corrected with an ablation.

I now drink one cup of decaf a day only because I miss the taste. Abuse caffeine at your peril.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 3:08:38 AM EDT
[#45]
I have more energy during the day and sleep better after quitting caffeine. You don't need it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 3:17:31 AM EDT
[#46]
I've quit it for a few weeks, I miss the taste. Tbh I never really went for the caffeine I just like making and tasting it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 3:25:51 AM EDT
[#47]
I don't drink coffee to wake up.
I wake up to drink coffee.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 3:43:37 AM EDT
[#48]
I used to drink a few cups of coffee a day without issue. Over the past five years or so, I started developing odd issues and I couldn't quite figure out what the cause was. If I went four hours or more without eating, I'd start experiencing what felt like blood sugar issues. It would start with feeling shaky and nauseous, and eventually I'd start experiencing hot flashes and extreme irritability. I changed up my diet and the issues didn't go away. Eventually, I realized that the only thing I hadn't changed was my coffee intake. I wasn't drinking but maybe two 8oz cups a day, but decided to give it a try. My issues disappeared almost overnight. After about a week of no coffee, I felt pretty much normal again.

I don't necessarily believe the issue is just the caffeine in the coffee, though. I ended up swapping out the coffee for the plain caffeine additive powder that you can get in some wholefood stores and online. Roughly 120mg of caffeine per serving, twice a day mixed with lemon water. To my surprise, doing this doesn't give me the negative effects that drinking coffee now does. I've tried going back to coffee twice in the past year just to see what happens, and both times the issues returned within 24 hours. Dark roast, medium roast, French press, coffee pot, Keurig K-cups, sugar and cream, black, and tons of different brands, etc.. it doesn't matter. Every time I drink coffee now I feel like trash for days. I also noticed a loss of about 10 lbs the first two months off of coffee.

I no longer touch coffee, and am using the caffeine additive to slowly kick caffeine all together.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 3:55:45 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 4:02:11 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Covfefe is probably the healthiest drink that Americans regularly consume.
View Quote

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top