Link Posted: 7/18/2023 10:22:38 AM EDT
[#1]
wait till he finds out about tiktok new trend of "time blindness"
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 10:24:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It’s his PTO and you’re not a doctor.

Don’t get into the reasons if you’re the manager.  Just document.

View Quote

This
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 10:39:41 AM EDT
[#3]
@TurkeyLeg

I have legit low T, like if the range is 200-1200 on the labs...I am at 120 for example total T

besides just having a little less energy and not wanting to bang my wife 5 times a day and only once a day, it's not anything that stops me from working

last week I spent 17 hours straight working on my FIL's truck

tell him to stop being a bitch before you only have him working on detroits from here on out
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 10:53:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Only if you're going to be a bitch about it!
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 11:07:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Only if it's to go to his Endo to get his first injection.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 11:13:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, the guy isnt retarded, but he's possibly borderline?  I dont know if there is a hard IQ number for retard/non-retard, but hes probably 5-10 points over the threshold if there is.  

I have never had to ask my guys for doctors notes.  I see it as their business, not mine.  This guy, however, has slight "dirtbag" vibes that I cant pin down.  I hear the other techs mention that he says things that make me think he is not doing right by the other techs or the customers, but its hearsay and I dont want to act on it.  I dont have the time to make this a whole investigation (my fault, I know).  It very well could be that his communication skills are so poor that he just comes off that way.  Im trying to be level-headed and not let my personal dislike for the guy cloud my judgement.  

The low-T thing is something I dont know that much about, so why not let GD determine if this guy is full of shit, right?
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 11:15:58 AM EDT
[#7]
No, tell him to quit being a pansy, get on injections and hush.

I literally had a test level in the 70's at one point before I got done with all of my testing and exams with various doctors (they couldn't find any specific medical reason like a pituitary tumor as for why my T was so F'd up - I assume it was just constant stress and past PTSD/injuries), and I'm sure if the dude has a history of milking BS injuries, his is probably still triple digits at best and probably like 250-400.

Link Posted: 7/18/2023 11:17:01 AM EDT
[#8]
That dude is FOS, and is milking that report for some personal time.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 11:17:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 12:17:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Do you assume that all employees are motivated, self starting individuals that don't need supervision to produce work? Or that they won't come up with BS reasons to still get paid and do nothing?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No but if he's got the sick\PTO then whatever, let him use it up.

You're not one of those employers that demand a doctor's slip like in grade school are you?

Do you assume that all employees are motivated, self starting individuals that don't need supervision to produce work? Or that they won't come up with BS reasons to still get paid and do nothing?

Definitely don't assume that, but I leave the responsibility to not waste their sick time on bullshit to the employee, and won't shed a tear when they use it all up and then get fired for further absences.

ETA: Obviously FMLA or short-term disability is much different than regular sick\PTO time.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 12:27:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
One of my techs was going around yesterday showing everyone in the shop his lab results that indicate he has low testosterone.  Then at lunch time he wanted to go home because he said he was "very tired" because of it.  

He has a history of milking bullshit like minor injuries to stretch out things like short term disability and he has been caught lying to us before about all sorts of things.  The guy definitely is well below average in the IQ department, as well.  He has just barely managed to not be fired, mainly because he has a good attitude. Also, we need someone for menial tasks (just like everyone does).  I dont want an experienced tech driving trucks for deliveries, lugging around heavy shit, or just being a dumbass helper when they were hired for their brains, not their backs.

Is low T a legitimate excuse for multiple / long term absences?  Thats where this is going, I know it.
View Quote

I am a supervisor in an LE agency and have fought cancer and low T for the last ten plus years. I couldn't seek treatment for the T for various reasons.  There are days I have to make a conscious effort to put one foot in front of the other and I still am at work more than half of my staff.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top