Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 11/27/2012 2:59:53 PM EDT

Not that I really care about what others do to their rifles and I will say that I use some of Magpul's products. But are more people just bolting on Magpul products just to look cool these days before even testing the functionality of the existing products on their AR's?

Link Posted: 11/27/2012 3:00:32 PM EDT
[#1]
probably
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 3:01:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 3:02:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks cool, gun rags and videogames display them on the cover, stories of quality.  Better than tapcoing, but the problem will always be that some people just don't know why the fuck they are doing something.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 3:02:40 PM EDT
[#4]
No, Magpul makes good shit that is cheaper than most other products.  There is a reason companies like Colt and others are making Magpul furniture rifles.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 3:03:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Magco

Same gimmick, just a different decade.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 3:03:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Uh no.  Who cares WHY somebody puts shit on their rifle.  

MAGPUL puts out quality products.  They will never be TAPCO as long as they continue to do this regardless of who uses or why they use the product.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 3:04:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't know about some of their stuff, but the pmag is a good product.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 3:06:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Bolting stuff you don't need to your rifle because it looks cool is silly, no matter if it's a cheap Tapco pistol grip or a $20,000 thermal sight that you'll never use.

The difference between Magpul and Tapco is that Magpul actually makes good products.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 3:06:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Absolutely. That's all I use.

Quoted:

I don't know about some of their stuff, but the pmag is a good product.

Link Posted: 11/27/2012 3:07:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Gimmicky shit marketed in parallel with gimmicky training videos.

I did use a section of magpul rail to mount the light on my bolt gun

Link Posted: 11/27/2012 3:08:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 3:09:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

They do make good plastic, Ill give em that.

I want one of their rifle stocks and I have some pmags.

But the other day I saw how much their dvds cost and I ed
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 3:09:34 PM EDT
[#13]
I like their mags and pistol grips...and that's about it.
Some of their stocks are nice...like the one that's like a CTR but with more cheek area
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 3:10:04 PM EDT
[#14]
I use a lot of Magpul stuff.

Handguards, AR pistol grips and buttstocks are Ergonomically superior for my purposes ( shooting, more shooting, with night shooting after that).

PMags are my preferred mag.

Link Posted: 11/27/2012 3:10:18 PM EDT
[#15]
+1 on pmags fucking rock.

their grips are about a million times more comfy than a standard a2 grip and priced very competitively.

I am also running an acs stock it has a much better cheekweld than your standard m4 stock as well as balancing out a front heavy rifle better and storage space for batteries earplugs bore snake etc...

They just have great products and are really well priced.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 3:10:32 PM EDT
[#16]
The Pmag is superior to the USGI mag, and their stocks are superior than the standard M4 and M16 stocks.

They make good stuff.

I know for a fact I'd of taken pmag overseas with me instead of USGI mags if Pmags had existed when I was in.

Link Posted: 11/27/2012 3:11:25 PM EDT
[#17]
**Deleted**
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 3:13:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Any particular product you reference, other than the somewhat cheesy B.A.D. thing? Pretty much everything they make has notable utility, and is superior to the standard options.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 3:16:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Magpul makes great stuff at a great price. Love P-mags, MOE grips, hanguards, CTR stock, STR stock. The only thing I have Magpul that I am not totally happy with is the asap. Verdict is not in yet on that, it may get replaced.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 3:17:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Unlike Tapco, their shit works day in and day out.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 3:20:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Pmags and nothing else... well the stickers
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 3:22:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Not a gear queer, and I love Magpul.  They make good shit.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 3:23:47 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I have tried my hardest to break their AK folding stock. As in dropping the gun on purpose and doing gun pushups level trying. It is still on my rifle.

Link Posted: 11/27/2012 3:26:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

This
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 3:30:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Eh, I can't say that they are that level. They make some good stuff.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 3:46:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 3:49:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Not at all.  They have become mainstream, thus haters gonna hate.  I have yet to attend a carbine course where the instructor ragged on a student for using magpul products.  I have seen instructors rag of UTG and tapco gear that showed up to class.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 3:52:43 PM EDT
[#28]
To be honest I am very new to firearms. I was pretty sold on Magpul products after watching the video of U.S. Soldiers torture testing them against other mags including the .gov issued mags. I figured that plastic seemed pretty durable so I put a bunch on my two ARs I 'built' (don't tell hondaciv I said I built it...).
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 3:52:58 PM EDT
[#29]
tapco is cheap shit

Magpul makes decent quality stuff for a reasonable price.

Why do people ride bandwagons in general? I have a theory, but no patience to type it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 3:53:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Good stuff at good prices. The only drawbacks are the haters...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 3:54:56 PM EDT
[#31]
No, but I'm bored.

Quoted:

You are just noticing this?  

Link Posted: 11/27/2012 3:55:25 PM EDT
[#32]
I hate M4 stocks and use either VLTOR or Magpul.  I like a modular grip so I went with them.   Nobody was making FDE mags when I picked mine up but  I don't NEED their products.  I love my Troy Alpha rail though.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 3:56:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Magpul may be single handedly responsible for the ridiculously gay "lifestyle" and "fashion" centered around the AR-15.
Magpul fanboys remind me of all the Harley fags.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 3:56:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 3:59:17 PM EDT
[#35]
I like the CTR and pistol grip, but the AFG and RVG suck.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 4:03:25 PM EDT
[#36]
The difference between Magpul and Tapco is that Magpul produces an actual quality product at an awesome price. Sure people throw accessories on to look cool. The reason you see more Magpul is because of the affordability.

I have a stay at home wife and 2 kids. I'd love to buy more expensive stuff, but for the price it doesn't get much better than Magpul.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 4:06:15 PM EDT
[#37]
I use a few of their products, but Ive been noticing more and more cookie-cutter Magpulfucked rifles. Almost seems like theyre trying to make a statement. Im not saying they make shitty gear (its quality for sure).

Im talking to you guys with Magpul and BCM Gunfighter stickers on your stocks.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 4:06:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I use a few of their products, but Ive been noticing more and more cookie-cutter Magpulfucked rifles. Almost seems like theyre trying to make a statement. Im not saying they make shitty gear (its quality for sure).

I have a bcm gunfighter grip.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 4:07:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The difference between Magpul and Tapco is that Magpul produces an actual quality product at an awesome price.

Agreed.  I don't like or use all of their products, but the ones I do like and use, I like and use a lot.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 4:09:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
No, Magpul makes good shit that is cheaper than most other products.  There is a reason companies like Colt and others are making Magpul furniture rifles.

Yeah,that reason is marketing.  They know all the Magpul uber fans will fight each other to buy those super special magpul rifles.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 4:12:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a bcm gunfighter grip.

Do you have that sticker on your cheekweld adapter?

I mean, do you RUN a Gunfighter sticker?

Link Posted: 11/27/2012 4:12:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Ah, today's "I'm cool because I don't like what's popular" thread.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 4:12:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Magpul may be single handedly responsible for the ridiculously gay "lifestyle" and "fashion" centered around the AR-15.

This.  This is the cowbell we've been waiting for.    

I dont use any Mapco stuff and I ride a Triumph Thunderbird.    
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 4:14:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Not exactly. I own a fair amount of their stuff as well.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/27/2012 4:16:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

WAIT. I have a harley, a BAD lever, and some PMAGS. What does that make me? uh oh...
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 4:17:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

No shit.  Its been interesting to watch the wave of Magpul's popularity over the years.  

I've been extremely happy with my products that I've bought for them (except the MS2, and they were nice enough to replace it free of charge with an MS3).  

If gun manufacturers want to offer affordable rifles with upgraded furniture, why in the world would that be a bad thing?
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 4:17:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wouldn't act so smug. Triumph is the new Apple.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 4:17:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

My BCM gunfighter sticker is on the inside of the lid of my pelican case...with my magpul stickers.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 4:21:10 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any particular product you reference, other than the somewhat cheesy B.A.D. thing? Pretty much everything they make has notable utility, and is superior to the standard options.
Pmags. They all fail much sooner than USGI, with the exception of windowless black pmags. I'd say reliability wise those are equal. The Pmags also don't store as easily ind oubel pouches. A USGI mag can be used to clear an overbolt malfunction, but a pmag is too big. All the other color pmags the feedlips fail very quickly with use, but fail without warning like a metal mag will.

FAG grip is self straight out of dvd nonsense. Hold the gun.

BAD thing causes reliability concerns.

Their stocks are worthless to me. Sure, they "feel" better, but I don't really care what the gun feels like, I care about my performance with it.

MOE handguards are ok. You can also take USGI handguards and drill bolt holes in them for the same effect.

Plastic sights are plastic.

Some stuff isn't bad, I just don't know what is an improvement. The 5 slot rail I use on my bolt gun was the cheapest one I could get quickly, that might mean something.

Link Posted: 11/27/2012 4:22:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Bolting stuff you don't need to your rifle because it looks cool is silly, no matter if it's a cheap Tapco pistol grip or a $20,000 thermal sight that you'll never use.

The difference between Magpul and Tapco is that Magpul actually makes good products.

FLIR and Night vision are never stupid.  Ever.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top