Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/1/2012 12:07:48 PM EDT
[#1]
typically we get rid of old buildings when we are burning off underbrush. It is usually unintentional but they were old anyways.
Link Posted: 11/1/2012 12:09:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Why does everyone want to burn down a fire department? That's just awful
Link Posted: 11/1/2012 12:09:39 PM EDT
[#3]
OP:  Serious

Call the FD and let them burn it down for training.  I think it's a great idea, have you considered it yet?
Link Posted: 11/1/2012 12:13:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Tannerite and propane?
Link Posted: 11/1/2012 12:13:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Please, whatever you decide to do, ensure the local FD knows. We really don't want to risk our lives for a old barn someone was burning down on purpose.

LOL whatever man.

Even if they were called and responded, they would show up and the OP would be there.  They would see it's contained to just the building and the OP would inform them it's empty and an old building.  They would then sit there and watch.  No one would risk their lives.

Uh, responding is one of the most dangerous things emergency personnel can do.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 11/1/2012 12:13:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't decide between Suggestion 6 (the first one), or Suggestion 6 (the second one).  *sigh*

But it's safe to say you think I should call the FD to burn it down?

In all honesty...no.  If it's really old and it was built by someone else, I personally would tear it down and burn it in a big pile, just because you never know where some farmer might have hidden a stash of whatever that you could find as you're doing the demolition.

Likelihood of that happening?  Small.  Chances of finding something like that if you burn it?  Zero.

Besides, I enjoy tearing things down, and I enjoy bonfires.
Link Posted: 11/1/2012 12:17:17 PM EDT
[#7]
hey, call someone with a tank and let them drive through it.

then when its a pile of rubble.... BURN IT.

or

call the....
Link Posted: 11/1/2012 12:23:31 PM EDT
[#8]
OP, you should call your local fire department, they may want to use it for training.

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top