Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 2:41:26 PM EDT
[#1]
... WIND CHILL WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY EVENING THROUGH TUESDAY EVENING...
* WINDS... WEST 10 TO 20 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 40 MPH.
* TEMPERATURES... AROUND 10 BELOW TO AROUND 5 ABOVE ZERO.
* WIND CHILL... AS LOW AS 25 TO 35 BELOW ZERO.
PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...
A WIND CHILL WATCH MEANS THAT THERE IS THE POTENTIAL FOR VERY COLD AIR AND STRONG WINDS TO CREATE DANGEROUSLY LOW WIND CHILL VALUES. MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS AND WARNINGS FOR UPDATES ON THIS SITUATION

Link Posted: 1/4/2014 2:43:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
... WIND CHILL WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY EVENING THROUGH TUESDAY EVENING...
* WINDS... WEST 10 TO 20 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 40 MPH.
* TEMPERATURES... AROUND 10 BELOW TO AROUND 5 ABOVE ZERO.
* WIND CHILL... AS LOW AS 25 TO 35 BELOW ZERO.
PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...
A WIND CHILL WATCH MEANS THAT THERE IS THE POTENTIAL FOR VERY COLD AIR AND STRONG WINDS TO CREATE DANGEROUSLY LOW WIND CHILL VALUES. MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS AND WARNINGS FOR UPDATES ON THIS SITUATION

View Quote
Green Bay v SF
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 8:17:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 8:18:54 PM EDT
[#4]
The last cold snap we had here killed my lawn.

I'm fucking pissed.
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 3:20:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 9:17:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Friggin hot today, go figure I guess its the cold front pushing the warm air.
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 9:18:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Damn near 60 here today and the mountains are supposed to get 6 inches tonight.
Fresh powder makes denverdan a happy happy boy.
View Quote

You better watch that kind of talk around here.
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 9:23:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Yep- My wife turned the heat on Friday night.  All is well though; had to turn the AC back on yesterday.
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 9:25:25 AM EDT
[#9]
How could you possibly sleep in that kind of heat?  I'd have to turn the air on.
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 9:36:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've got a fire in the fireplace......

It's 35 here in my part of florida........

Fuck this shit....
View Quote

It was 31 on my way to work today.

Heard on the news last night that Mobile, AL schools will NOT be closed tomorrow due to cold (upper teens tonight).
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 3:03:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Temperature is starting to go down it's about 70 and the wind has a northerly component, they say it will reach 48
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 5:34:44 AM EDT
[#12]
66 degrees inside, got the windows open, it is awesome
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 6:01:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 6:02:48 AM EDT
[#14]
My indoor thermometer says 68 degrees
View Quote

Quite the coincidence -- mine says 68F as well. It's -11F outside, though.

However, if the power goes out for an extended period of time, I have both a wood stove and kerosene heaters to keep me very comfortable.

If your power goes out for an extended period when it's brutally hot and humid, what would you do? I'd rather live in a cold climate than a hot one when the utilities go down.
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 6:08:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

However, if the power goes out for an extended period of time, I have both a wood stove and kerosene heaters to keep me very comfortable.

If your power goes out for an extended period when it's brutally hot and humid, what would you do? I'd rather live in a cold climate than a hot one when the utilities go down.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Go find a shaded grassy area, just like people did for thousands of years before AC.
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 6:58:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

You hydrate as much as possible, I lived thru 6 weeks of no power and water during Andrew late summer early fall August 24,1992. I did not run away like a lot of people to hotels or with people up north. I was happy with my Bunsen burner Sterno cans, instant coffee, water bottles, transistor radio and battery TV. I was handed about 20 MRE's from the 101st airborne after a week of Vienna sausages and Doritos. A friend bought me a hot plate of takeout Cuban food after 2 weeks it tasted like ice cream. If you control yourself you survive, cold or hot.
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 7:09:55 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

No way.  Cold kills, sometimes in minutes.  Heat is survivable if you have fresh water and any shade at all.  Fuck living in the cold.

36 here.  Sucks and makes me wish for August.  Supposed to be back to 70 tomorrow though
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 7:15:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Don't forget to bring in your tomatoes...  
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 7:24:47 AM EDT
[#19]
yes mid 30's here in south west florida this morning
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 8:18:33 AM EDT
[#20]
55 in Miami and windy, very comfortable for me. Reminds me of September in NYC where we would put away the gloves and the stickball bats, don long sleeve sweatshirts and play touch football
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 8:20:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Mine heatpump is set to 62, and I came on this morning.

More global warming by the weekend.
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 8:24:06 AM EDT
[#22]
It's 59 F at 12:24PM in Miami.

All I can say is:

Link Posted: 1/7/2014 8:30:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

No way.  Cold kills, sometimes in minutes.  Heat is survivable if you have fresh water and any shade at all.  Fuck living in the cold.

36 here.  Sucks and makes me wish for August.  Supposed to be back to 70 tomorrow though
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's way easier to keep putting on layers until you're warm, along with something like a wood stove, you'd be very comfortable and in no danger of freezing. When it's hot as balls, you can only get so naked, and you'll still be miserable

10* here at the moment.
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 12:59:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It's 59 F at 12:24PM in Miami.

All I can say is:
http://livingthruglass.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/its-happening-ron-paul-gif.gif
View Quote
I wish it was like this all year long
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top