Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 5:47:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I think that the heart of the problem lies in our allowing the philosophical proposition that there is no such thing as objectivity and therefore no such thing as objective truth, objective good, or (especially) objectively righteous standards* to be cast as a practical rule that there are no legitimate standards.

Doubting or discarding the norms which at least nominally or aspirationally defined behavior in America** led to the pernicious conclusion that any mode of life or culture is as reasonable, good, and valuable as any other. Thus we lost the will to demand that our own people behave in accordance with the standards that made America great, inclining our heads and smiling at wanton violence, braggadocio, preening, bastardy, dishonesty, and irresponsibility as aspects of a different but perfectly acceptable culture. We likewise lost the will to demand that immigrants assimilate, ignoring the fact that their cultures are what made their native countries cesspits to be fled rather than refuges to which to flee.

William F. Buckley once wrote that as Christianity is the universalization of Judaism, Americanism is the universalization of Anglo-Saxon culture. In other words, in the US anyone can become an Anglo-Saxon. At least in the public sphere, everyone should have been made to become one. What is the proof of this? America. And Guatemala, Mexico, Chad, and Myanmar.

*I personally believe in objective truth, objective reality, objective good, et c. What is up for debate is our capacity to divine or apprehend those things.

**Hypocrisy is the tribute vice pays to virtue.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 7:03:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Oh sure, but what about all those videos of white kids attacking minorities on the street for fun and killing them, huh?
That never gets any play, because the media is complicit and racist.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would say your naiveity is cute, but it isn't.

SJW all you want, I'll live in the real world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soUD1mGPsig
Oh sure, but what about all those videos of white kids attacking minorities on the street for fun and killing them, huh?
That never gets any play, because the media is complicit and racist.
Want to play a video for video game?.. or you might just being funny, it the latter, well played sir
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 9:14:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The plural of anecdote is not data.
View Quote
When multiple tens of millions experienced the same things, it's no longer anecdotal, but undeniable truth. As long as you weren't in a major city up north or out west or Detroit, Chicago and the like, real crime was almost unheard of. Most all of rural America, and even suburban America experienced this same kind of peace and well being until the mid to late 80s and the mid 90s.

The big city culture made its way into the smaller towns over time and that is why we are where we are today.

Up until the mid 80s in most small towns, if you were a criminal, you got shunned and run out of town.

Nobody would let you shop in their stores, nobody would give you any kind of help, you would be fired from your job and nobody would hire you.

If you wanted to survive you had to move on somewhere else and beg for the people to work with you and straighten your ass up and go to church and keep your nose clean.

If you were a repeat offender, the police in these little towns would take you to the next town over if they were nice, or they'd take you to the edge of the county and let you out and let you know that if you came back you'd be locked up.

It worked. If you were a piece of shit the law cared little about you, but they cared a whole lot about their friends and neighbors. None of the BS about treating the criminals fair. Let someone in another town treat them fair.

We had almost no crime in these small towns and cities because of that.

Blackballing was a thing and we need to bring it back in regards to repeat criminals.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 11:38:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The big city culture made its way into the smaller towns over time and that is why we are where we are today.
View Quote
While I'm certain that small towns have changed, and probably not for the better, I don't believe they've changed as much as you might think.
Again, the violent crime statistics in this country are staggeringly lopsided. Look at the stats, see who's committing the crime - then look at the stats in the places they aren't.
It's an incredibly politically incorrect fact of life. The desire to avoid discussing it is what drives a huge part of the gun control movement.
And, it's why things will never change. We can't even talk about the problem, let alone fix it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 11:44:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 11:44:52 AM EDT
[#6]
A shift in morality has nothing to do with racial demographics.  It has to do with turning away from Judeo-Christian values and society becoming increasingly hedonistic.  Whites in America were well on their way to becoming immoral and perverse long before demographics started to change with any significance.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 7:17:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
While I'm certain that small towns have changed, and probably not for the better, I don't believe they've changed as much as you might think.
Again, the violent crime statistics in this country are staggeringly lopsided. Look at the stats, see who's committing the crime - then look at the stats in the places they aren't.
It's an incredibly politically incorrect fact of life. The desire to avoid discussing it is what drives a huge part of the gun control movement.
And, it's why things will never change. We can't even talk about the problem, let alone fix it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Except the black folks in most small towns were not much more likely to commit crimes than whites. When they did it was mostly fighting among themselves at a club. The ones born and raised locally were no different than the whites or the Indians here. The difference started when the guys that went up north to Chicago, Detroit, Philly , New York etc, back in the 50s and 60s came back home and brought their city raised families with them.

Most of the guys I went to school with were straight laced, worked hard, were good people. When their grandparents and uncles came back and brought their cousins with them, a lot of the cousins were troublemakers.

All of us, regardless of color were raised pretty much the same. Some of those cousins were stabbing people when they got in fights instead of just fighting. They were robbing stores, jumping old people, breaking in houses and all that kind of stuff. Things that never happened around here before.

In a generation or two everything turned to shit. White kids and black kids. We had shootouts in town, gang fights, all kinds of stuff, rapes, heavy drug dealers ( we have always had weed growers ).

But like I said, it was culture, not race. They brought the thug culture from up north with them as well as some of them were gang bangers and started up gangs here.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top