Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:02:29 PM EDT
[#5]
FFS
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:04:16 PM EDT
[#6]
New stimulus?
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:04:51 PM EDT
[#7]
What's another trillion in the fire after all?
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:05:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Is there another one that's out?
I know the House passed a bill but the Senate said it's DOA.
In it's current form. I don't think the Senate will pass it but I expect it to be "negotiated" and passed

I won't be shocked to see another $1200 go out
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:05:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By buckshot_jim:
Are the Democrats our friends?
View Quote

Right now they are with the new bill. If the Republicans vote it in they are all my friends.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:05:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:06:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Dapzel:
I won't be shocked to see another $1200 go out
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:06:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Midyew5959:
New stimulus?
View Quote

Yup it's going to the Senate now
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:07:14 PM EDT
[#13]
No. Senate already said get that liberal wishlist outta here. It’s a terrible bill, basically everything democrats want shoved into 1800 pages.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:07:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By ranging-by-zipcode:

Right now they are with the new bill. If the Republicans vote it in they are all my friends.
View Quote

Fuck that. You serious, Clark?

That was nothing but commie pork the house passed.

You want that?

Are you dumb?
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:08:08 PM EDT
[#15]

Yup it's going to the Senate now
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Midyew5959:
New stimulus?

Yup it's going to the Senate now

Won’t be voted on and trump wouldn’t sign it. It’s a dangerous bill.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:08:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Why you wanna go be FSA, OP?

Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:09:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Not the current one but we will be getting Trumpbucks at minimum one more time. I honestly think by July we'll get checks then round 3 in Sept.

I really feel like they don't need to do anything except for possible payroll tax cut and that's it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:10:52 PM EDT
[#18]

Right now they are with the new bill. If the Republicans vote it in they are all my friends.
View All Quotes

I don't think the shift key was working when you created your account.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:12:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Compta:
Not the current one but we will be getting Trumpbucks at minimum one more time. I honestly think by July we'll get checks then round 3 in Sept. 

I really feel like they don't need to do anything except for possible payroll tax cut and that's it.
View Quote

I don't know about round 3 but round 2 in July I can see and probably will happen. I think that's what was being proposed the 1st time around. 1 in may possible 2nd in July
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:15:10 PM EDT
[#20]
The cost of the virus is going to be $30,000,000 per person that died.

I hope somebody sends China the bill.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:15:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Have you even read the bill?  It's a democrat wish list to make up for their failed policies of the last decade.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:15:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
No. Senate already said get that liberal wishlist outta here. It's a terrible bill, basically everything democrats want shoved into 1800 pages.
View Quote
^^^
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:16:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Isn't this new package somewhere in the 3 trillion range?
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:21:43 PM EDT
[#24]

I don't know about round 3 but round 2 in July I can see and probably will happen. I think that's what was being proposed the 1st time around. 1 in may possible 2nd in July
View All Quotes
Not the current one but we will be getting Trumpbucks at minimum one more time. I honestly think by July we'll get checks then round 3 in Sept. 

I really feel like they don't need to do anything except for possible payroll tax cut and that's it.

I don't know about round 3 but round 2 in July I can see and probably will happen. I think that's what was being proposed the 1st time around. 1 in may possible 2nd in July

If the Republicans want a chance at holding onto the Senate, the white house and make gains in house they will have to do a second round.   By doing the 1st round they gave
the Democrats alot of ammo to use if the Republicans refuse or stonewall a 2nd payout.  

If they don't the Democrats make gains and they will do it anyway the first of next year when they control the Government again.

But they will have to come up with their own bill in the Senate to counter the Democratic pork and such
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:24:16 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

None of them are out friends, so we might as well all get some NVGs for when the dumpster fire burns out.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:26:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It should be we need the help The Republicans are not our friends
View Quote

The current version won't be signed.  There are too many turds in that punchbowl.  

Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:28:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Hope so. I'll take some of my taxes back thank you very much
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:29:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

You mean that piece of shit that Pelosi wants?  Are you for real?
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:30:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I hope not.  But they most likely will.
View Quote

I hope not.  We got unemployment with bonuses. Just open the businesses up for us self-employed folks.  Let the free market stabalize.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:32:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Turn. Off. CNN. MSNDNC.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:33:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
Get outta here with that shit.

Less you playing sarcastic....
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:34:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

What the fuck ever.

Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:35:53 PM EDT
[#33]
So op's friendship is for sale, any bids?  Come on, who doesn't want a new friend? Cheap!
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:36:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Right now they are with the new bill. If the Republicans vote it in they are all my friends.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:36:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Damn. Trump will exceed fbho’s spending in just one term. Amazing.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:36:39 PM EDT
[#36]
It won’t or at least should not be passed and I definitely hope it is vetoed if the Senate does send it to POTUS’ desk for a signature.

eta - The benefit of no stimulus today is that we can mark all of the garbage to zero and make the most of a negative interest rate environment for the foreseeable future.  Each stimulus becomes a massive brick of sand supporting the economy.  C19 was a gotcha, but everyone is aware of the risk and can and should manage their individual risk.  Freedom and responsibility are ok.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:37:44 PM EDT
[#37]
A better option is everyone go back to work
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:38:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Crazy idea, but we could always just let people work.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:41:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By SWODaddy:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SWODaddy:

Allow me to translate:

"I don't want to go back to work but I still want free money."
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:43:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By HRoark87:
Crazy idea, but we could always just let people work.
View Quote

Haha money printer go brrr
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:49:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By JMD:

If the Republicans want a chance at holding onto the Senate, the white house and make gains in house they will have to do a second round.   By doing the 1st round they gave
the Democrats alot of ammo to use if the Republicans refuse or stonewall a 2nd payout.  

If they don't the Democrats make gains and they will do it anyway the first of next year when they control the Government again.

But they will have to come up with their own bill in the Senate to counter the Democratic pork and such
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JMD:

If the Republicans want a chance at holding onto the Senate, the white house and make gains in house they will have to do a second round.   By doing the 1st round they gave
the Democrats alot of ammo to use if the Republicans refuse or stonewall a 2nd payout.  

If they don't the Democrats make gains and they will do it anyway the first of next year when they control the Government again.

But they will have to come up with their own bill in the Senate to counter the Democratic pork and such

Agreed. At this point they pretty much have to pass something that gives the avg joe another check. They should be able to wipe out most of the Dems wish list
How they fight off a 3rd round I'm not sure. It will be an easier sell if things are fully back open. At this point we're still in what I'd call limbo that the Dems and press can still stonewall with COVID19 everyday to get the 2nd round approved but as people get out and are going to want to do stuff during the summer they're not going to want to hear, stay at home, covid19 stuff which will push it out of the news and they'll go back to their bad man bad mantra without the "front line" talk
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:52:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Illegal aliens need money too!!!
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:52:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By GotGuns:

Allow me to translate:

"I don't want to go back to work but I still want free money."
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:52:54 PM EDT
[#44]
I didn't get anything from the last stimulus.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:54:17 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

I hope you're trolling. The new bill is a fucking travesty. Checks to illegals and all kinds of other shit.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:54:28 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

They ain't my friends.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:54:49 PM EDT
[#47]
you mean half the democrats agenda with a stimulus bow tied on top?

NO.

We do need some more action, preferably more assistance for businesses, but fuck the bill the House passed.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:55:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Is there another one that's out?
I know the House passed a bill but the Senate said it's DOA.
In it's current form. I don't think the Senate will pass it but I expect it to be "negotiated" and passed

I won't be shocked to see another $1200 go out
View Quote

This. Senate won’t pass it as sent since it has a ton of money for shitty cities that were already on their way to bankruptcy, 10k in FREE student loan payments, rent/mortgage paid for, up to 6k per household one time payments, eviction/foreclosure moratorium till the end of 2021, and extending the extra $600 per month unemployment till the end of the year.

I think they’ll likely pass another $1200 and maybe extend the $600/mo, along with protections for businesses that go back to work from liability for people getting COVID.

Personally I’m hoping for the extra unemployment to be extended since I got let go last week but we’ll survive if not. At least I don’t have to pay my student loans until November.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:55:38 PM EDT
[#49]
OP, can your husband go back to work or that CT utopia still jacked up?
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:56:28 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

The problem with just a payroll tax holiday is it only helps those who are still working and does nothing for those who've lost their jobs. That would cost the Republicans a lot of votes among those who've been furloughed and unable to return to work.

I wouldn't be surprised by a second round of payments sometime this summer. I think the limited release of prepaid cards for stimulus checks is a test program to see if they can do it better than they did with the direct deposits and paper checks for round one.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top