BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 6:46:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I never jumped to my death while on LSD.
View Quote

I did once, but I got better.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 6:55:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Steely Dan - Kid Charlemagne + lyrics
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 7:11:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn near every year at Burning Man  some looped out hedonistic animal runs into the burning man fire effigy.

Actually horribly sad. Not funny at all. Like if I was gonna make a joke about people that go to burning man, it definitely wouldn't be about a drugged out millennial running into the burning man effigy at the hedonistic orgy where everyone is on acid and falling for the false sense if reality that they create for a week in the desert.

I had a friend tell me that people at burning man are completely self sufficient. I had to remind him it is essentially camping for a week. Damn near anyone can be self sufficient for a week!
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 7:42:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I did a lot of LSD back in the day. I have personally never seen anyone have a bad trip from it. Some first timers didn't like it and would not do it again but that was about it. I stopped doing it because as someone mentioned I didn't like how long it lasted and trying to fall asleep when it's wearing off is pretty much impossible.

Funny thing is I have seen more panic attacks from potent sativa's than hard drugs. Some people people just shouldn't do things that alter their mental state.

PCP is a different story. Lots of bad shit followed that around. I am too old for X and the newer drugs. Mushrooms were a thing for awhile if you could get good ones.

Now I don't even like pain pills and I no longer drink. Funny how life works some times.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 7:49:34 PM EDT
[#5]
A very intelligent athletic girl took LSD in tenth grade and she was never the same again.

She went on a trip and never came back. Her life was ruined.

Note to self, LSD is unpredictable.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 8:01:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Depends on what formula they were using, how strong the dose was, and what the stimulus is. During the 50s and 60s, MK-Ultra, Sandoz, HUbbard, Leary, Owlsley and a number of others were big proponents of LSD. It waswn't always illegal, and people were trying to get it approved for medical use.

Just like with any other substance, there's good and bad stuff out there, and people who are good or bad depending. The most important thing to bear in mind is that there's never any way to be sure of the dosage, the purity, or the source.

My best advice? Stay away from LSD, from people taking it, and try to avoid having any contact with it. Yes, people did jump to their deaths, mostly because they had no idea of what was happening to them, and the circumstances under which they were dosed kind of pushed them that way.  Even worse is the people who have done it several times and become amoral, almost as if they know the difference between right and wrong and simply do not care. AGain, a lot of it is due to circumstances, and I am certain that you'll probably hear from other people about what it did for them, and didn't do to them, but again, because it's so hit and miss, it is a huge gamble.

If you are still interested in knowing more about it, try erowid. There are some first hand accounts on there from people who have taken drugs and have posted what it was like. Remember though, it's a black hole, and it will suck you in if you let it, and there's no way back from it. One thing is almost constant. Most of the people you talk to who are doing drugs like that, almost always have some other kind of mental issue. Best bet is to distance yourself.

You've been warned.
View Quote

Lol, okay gramps.

What a bunch of ignorant horseshit.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 9:40:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I did a lot of LSD back in the day. I have personally never seen anyone have a bad trip from it. Some first timers didn't like it and would not do it again but that was about it. I stopped doing it because as someone mentioned I didn't like how long it lasted and trying to fall asleep when it's wearing off is pretty much impossible.

Funny thing is I have seen more panic attacks from potent sativa's than hard drugs. Some people people just shouldn't do things that alter their mental state.

PCP is a different story. Lots of bad shit followed that around. I am too old for X and the newer drugs. Mushrooms were a thing for awhile if you could get good ones.

Now I don't even like pain pills and I no longer drink. Funny how life works some times.
View Quote
I used to smoke weed as a teen by the ounce.  Now at 38 it gives me extreme anxiety.  Can't do it at all. Shrooms trip a couple times a year and a couple Coors light beers on the weekends is all I need
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top