Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The rescue/foster is bringing her over at 6:30 today to meet her
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 9:40:12 AM EDT
[#2]
No

She had a last minute spay appt for her come up so we are holding off until next week. She is getting spayed in 20 min.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 9:42:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Those breeds should not be spayed or neutered that early, especially if they will end up doing any work or competition.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 9:48:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a 3 month old BM. He’s a handful. Cute pup but he’s not hangin on to a tree branch or ripping your lazy boy to pieces.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 10:28:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Those breeds should not be spayed or neutered that early, especially if they will end up doing any work or competition.
View Quote

While I agree it's better for the dogs long term health and wellbeing, I understand why the rescues spay and neuter as soon as they can.

If the dog isn't fixed by the time it leaves the rescue or shelter, there's a 50/50 chance they never will be, and there will be additional litters of accidental puppies.  Or intentional litters of puppies without consideration of propper breading for health.

My neighbor mal pups I mentioned earlier were litter mates.  The wife of the family decided she wanted to breed them, and they had one litter before they lost the dogs to the county.  She got the dogs from a back yard breeder, decided to become a back yard breeder and the pups quickly overwhelmed them.

The rescue I volunteer with has a whole catalog of similar stories. They used to hold off on fixing the dogs, but even when they gave the adopters coupons for free spay/neutering, it rarely got done.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 8:25:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Any word on the real GSD?
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top