User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 11:01:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sounds like a bunch of union members in here. Anything to fuck the company, god forbid a small portion of your highly skilled labor goes unpaid.
View Quote
This CEO (of a UAW plant) agrees with them.  It's bullshit, unethical, and a violation to boot.

I don't hate the union; I know why this plant became such, and it's mostly due to prior regime abuses.
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 11:09:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Easy to fix. Don't clock out till everyone else does. If you have to stay, you are still on the clock.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 11:27:40 AM EDT
[#3]
If women are equal to men, then they can walk to their damn car by themselves like most men do.
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 11:32:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Any and all work performed for your job has the be compensated
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 1:02:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Find a better job than working in a super market that requires unpaid work?
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 1:41:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I had a security job that tried that.  Wanted is to come in a half hour early to attend the safety meeting but not clock in for it.  I wrote my time down as the half hour early and told them if I had to be here I was going to get paid.    They quit making security attend safety meetings and I did get paid for the extra time.   The other people that didn't write it down did not get paid for it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 2:43:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Easy to fix. Don't clock out till everyone else does. If you have to stay, you are still on the clock.
View Quote
Brilliant!
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 3:07:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I can't imagine that this is legal but: A buddy of mine works at a grocery store. When he works the closing shift, he clocks out around 2100, when the store closes. Apparently it's store policy that everybody has to leave together, so the girls in he group don't have to walk to their cars by themselves (store is in a shit neighborhood). He says the rest of the crew takes another 15 minutes to clock out.

Supposing that he gets in trouble for leaving once he clocks out, isn't it illegal to make employees stay at work when they aren't getting paid?
View Quote
So, the guy clocks out at 2100 hrs. Then, waits around doing nothing until the female employees are ready to leave.
OR
The guy clocks out at 2100 hrs. and does more work until the female employees are ready to leave?
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 3:14:15 PM EDT
[#9]
When I worked retail it was "loss prevention" that kept us all there till we could all leave together.

Back then, we had to open any bags we brought in, and let the manager look through our stuff.
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 3:39:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Welcome back DanTSX.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Welcome back DanTSX.

Quoted:
Sounds like a bunch of union members in here. Anything to fuck the company, god forbid a small portion of your highly skilled labor goes unpaid.
Welcome back Deej is probably more accurate.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top