BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 5:00:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There's plenty of decent music that's out there if you put the effort in to finding it.
I think its just the stuff you hear on the radio that's terrible. its been that way for years
View Quote
pretty much the norm now

been that way for a good 15 years or so
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 5:01:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I am going on 47, so I'm an 80's kid. My parents liked my music back then. Not the hard rock stuff, but the pop music. Are there any parents that like their kids' music today?

Just for fun last night my wife and I listened to the top 10, and it did not go well at all. Most of the music isn't music at all, it's wretched rap crap. But even the music that's isn't entirely rap 'features' rappers, which have apparently replaced the venerable guitar solo of my day. And the names of some of these rappers are fucking retarded.

Here is your top ten. Enjoy!

1. Kendrick Lamar - Humble
2. Ed Sheerhan - Shape of You
3. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like
4. Kendrick Lamar - DNA
5. Future - Mask Off
6. KYLE featuring Lil' Yachty - iSpy (Music is terrible, but this video LOL)
7. Zedd & Alessia Cara - Stay
8. The Chainsmokers and Coldplay - Something Just Like This
9. Luis Fonzi & Daddy Yankee featuring Justin Bieber - Despacito
10. Lil' Uzi Vert - XO TOUR Lif3 (No typos there)

Am I getting old, or is this all just really bad?
View Quote

Ya... you're just old bud. I'm in my 20's and really like most of that top 10 list. Some are really nice chill music to listen to at home, some are part of an excellent album like Humble. Others are club bangers that are easy to dance to.

Now try putting on anything from the 60's, 70's, etc. It's like... how the **** do I dance to this at the club? Zero chance of a girl grinding on you to that lol.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 5:03:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm an old dude and I like some of the new music.  None of the stuff you listed is my idea of good music either.  I've got Sirius radio and I hear most of what I like on channels 35 and 36.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 5:07:45 PM EDT
[#4]
OP has nearly 10 years on me, most new music is, indeed, garbage.

Link Posted: 4/30/2017 5:22:27 PM EDT
[#5]
recent music just flat out sucks...stop all the bullshit and just fess up to it
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 5:32:05 PM EDT
[#6]
south park sounds like shit
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 5:36:25 PM EDT
[#7]
It's a lot of garbage, there are some gems of course.

Modern alt-rock has been destroyed by hipster emo fags.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 5:55:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Dunno, man, that Kendrick Lamar song, Humble, is pretty damn awesome. Do yourself a favor and look up the video on YouTube. Awesome.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 6:00:52 PM EDT
[#9]
It's a vast wasteland of crap with just a few jewels here and there.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 6:06:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Little column a, little column b
You are old and some music is bad
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 6:06:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Death Grips - Lord of the Game (ft. Mexican Girl)
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 6:20:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Funny, Tarantino cast Frank Whaley with the sole intention of killing him.  
In Pulp Fiction Samuel Jackson referred to the dude on the couch as Flock of Seagulls

Quoted:
You're old* and it's crap.  I clicked on all those "hits" you linked and couldn't make it through more than a few seconds of each.

It's not that I hate rap or anything.  I liked "Straight Outta Compton" and some Public Enemy stuff.  But that current stuff is awful.

Here's a good song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcMh6GZoFC8
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 6:22:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:...

How about Missing Persons?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciJDA0tcQfs
View Quote

L.E.S Artistes is my favorite song.  period
    Link Posted: 4/30/2017 6:26:39 PM EDT
    [#14]
    If it's on terrestrial radio, it's pretty much gonna suck. Lot's of new good music out there. You just have to work a little bit to find it.
    Link Posted: 4/30/2017 7:46:03 PM EDT
    [#15]
    Quoted:
    Oh there's definitely good music out there, I agree. I just cant believe the rubbish that is actually charting. What young people are listening to and requesting... it defies explanation.
    View Quote
    Todays musical quality tracks almost perfectly with the lack of class and taste in all aspects of society.  We're spiraling downward at an ever increasing rate.  
    Link Posted: 5/3/2017 1:26:01 AM EDT
    [#16]
    Quoted:
    You are old.

But that doesn't mean that the music isn't crap.
    Rap is all crap. No redeeming value whatsoever.
    Slightly amusing the first time you hear it, after that, just pure garbage.
    View Quote
                       Just bringing everyone down to the lowest common denominator.
    Link Posted: 5/3/2017 2:38:31 AM EDT
    [#17]
    Tons of good music still being made, it's just not spoonfed to you because it isn't where the money is at.

There is even some stuff out there that has one foot in the "pop" genre. Rag'n'Bone Man clearly has pop influence in his music, along with soul and blues. Guy has talent though.

Rag'n'Bone Man - Human (Official Video)

Rag'n'Bone Man - Grace (Official Audio)
    Page / 3
    Next Page Arrow Left
    Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
    Top Top