Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/7/2020 1:10:09 PM EDT
I just talked to one of the partners in my firm.

Huge gun guy.  Lifetime NRA member.  Sits on our gun club board.  Very politically active.  Ran for the State House in 2016.  Sons of Confederate Vets member.

He had not heard a thing about the laws and still thought McAuliffe was still governor.

I'm going to get him to join the VCDL.
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 1:13:40 PM EDT
[#1]
A lot of the regulars at the range I go to, also didn’t have a clue about VA.
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 1:14:32 PM EDT
[#2]
We're outliers here, not typical gun owners. Nothing wrong with it, but it is what it is.
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 1:16:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We're outliers here, not typical gun owners. Nothing wrong with it, but it is what it is.
View Quote
This.

We are like 1%er gun owners. Lol
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 1:27:09 PM EDT
[#4]
It's not like the media is going to cover it unless something goes wrong for our side.
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 1:29:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Like the news is going to cover the correct angle....
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 1:34:10 PM EDT
[#6]
A lot of people don't bother keeping up with the news at all.

A guy I work with is like that. I mentioned something that was in the news not long ago, about a person getting attacked for their MAGA hat. He asked me what a MAGA hat is.

I had to explain it to him. He had never heard of it, and didn't know that red pro-Tump hats were any kind of significance in society today. He pays absolutely zero attention to news from any source. He has no idea what's going on in the world around him.
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 1:34:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 1:35:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I heard people in the auto parts store talking about it yesterday.
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 1:37:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Sadly, this. Most gun owners (hell, most Americans) I know are pretty much clueless and don't really care to have a clue.

It drives me crazy when I get some dumb excuse like "I don't really follow politics". Sometimes I almost envy the people that can cluelessly and carelessly go through life oblivious to what's going on around them.
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 1:41:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Gun owners around the country won't hear about Virginia until after the 20th.
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 1:41:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This.

We are like 1%er gun owners. Lol
View Quote
Yup. Statistically insignificant. I don't know anyone in real life that has a clue what they are trying to pull in VA.
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 1:42:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Huge gun guy.  Lifetime NRA member.  Sits on our gun club board.  Very politically active.  Ran for the State House in 2016.  Sons of Confederate Vets member.

He had not heard a thing about the laws and still thought McAuliffe was still governor.

View Quote

Ouch! All the gun clubs should at a minimum be reviewing new gun laws and see how they impact their club.  Political activity, let's get him pointed in the right direction, run for an office.
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 2:06:52 PM EDT
[#13]
This is why every responsible gun owner should belong to a pro gun organization and read their magazine, letters or emails.
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 2:08:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It's not like the media is going to cover it unless something goes wrong for our side.
View Quote
this, the media is suppressing this. If 85+ counties had declared themselves illegal alien sanctuaries, it would be a top news item daily.
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 2:09:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Most Gun Owners American are Politically Apathetic.
View Quote
Truth.
Of course with no media coverage, you gotta be interested enough in guns and rights that you are on a gun board like here to know what is up. I have also not met any pro gun people who had a clue until I told them.
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 2:11:25 PM EDT
[#16]
If I weren't perpetually on Arfcom I probably wouldn't have heard about either or joined VCDL
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 2:13:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
If I weren't perpetually on Arfcom I probably wouldn't have heard about either or joined VCDL
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 2:14:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
True for me as well.
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 2:15:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Most ppl are oblivious to what is really going on.

Some ppl are aware of the news yet cannot see thru the bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 2:15:19 PM EDT
[#20]
We shoot guns... crap dancing with the stars is on.
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 2:17:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
If only there were a National oRganizAtion who had the clout, reach and bankroll to get the message out in a meaningful way.
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 2:19:56 PM EDT
[#22]
We need to make a story that cant be ignored
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 2:22:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Unfreedom Of The Press

Nobody knows about VA but even the room temp iq people think we are in WW3.

Gee. Wonder who is responsible for that narrative.
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 2:25:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 2:30:47 PM EDT
[#25]
We are kind of in a bubble here.

The rabble rousers of American gun enthusiasts. I think it surprises many folks on Arfcom that not everyone in our corner is on the FNRA bandwagon, etc.

I have viewed postings about about the Virginia situation on Facebook, which we GD people are supposed to eschew, of course.

If not for Facebook and Ar15.com, I would be pretty much uninformed about these recent threats to our 2nd Amendment rights.
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 2:34:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
We are kind of in a bubble here.

The rabble rousers of American gun enthusiasts. I think it surprises many folks on Arfcom that not everyone in our corner is on the FNRA bandwagon, etc.

I have viewed postings about about the Virginia situation on Facebook, which we GD people are supposed to eschew, of course.

If not for Facebook and Ar15.com, I would be pretty much uninformed about these recent threats to our 2nd Amendment rights.
View Quote
its still a million more time exposure than anti-gun legislation received back when they kicked off the clinton ban. back then basically only gun magazines, and gun shops were telling people what they needed to know.

the internet is responsible for the MASSIVE response to whats happening in virginia, showing the truth about it...in SPITE of the media pretending its not happening.
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 2:34:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Most people in Virginia have no clue what is actually going on. Including many gun owners.

Given the complete lack of MSM coverage and a slate of officials who won't acknowledge reality, January 20 is going to be pure "shock and awe."
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 3:59:06 PM EDT
[#28]
If not for GD here, I wouldn’t know anything...
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 4:15:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
Agreed...
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 4:22:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Gun owners around the country won't hear about Virginia until after the 20th.
View Quote
And only because those big, mean gun owners caused a ruckus, thanks to the media...
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 5:13:11 PM EDT
[#31]
"They're going to hear from us very soon."

Link Posted: 1/7/2020 5:21:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Finding the same true here, people who are gun owners have no clue a major event is happening one state away.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 12:39:47 AM EDT
[#33]
You (royal you) have created a tiny echo chamber and chased off anyone who doesn't march 100% in step, and now wonder why you're a tiny group when you need the masses.

Sounds like you have the answer.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 1:26:29 AM EDT
[#34]
let me know when all these people fighting for rights gets to CA,NY,HI etc etc.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 1:34:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Shit, people in my family think Bloomberg is more republican than trump.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 1:36:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Same here in Nevada, they had no idea. I clued them in and now they want to hire the Army of Virginia to come here next.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 1:36:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
You (royal you) have created a tiny echo chamber and chased off anyone who doesn't march 100% in step, and now wonder why you're a tiny group when you need the masses.

View Quote
Would rather have a small communist free group than a large group that believes in the extermination of most of the worlds population in the name of diversity.

We will never support the SRA here.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 1:39:35 AM EDT
[#38]
I bought a pistol today on my lunch break.  The shop owner and I talked about VA for about 20 minutes.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 1:43:26 AM EDT
[#39]
What's a VA?
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 1:44:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Cool third post, bro.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 1:47:53 AM EDT
[#41]
Lost me at the  "nra" member.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 2:04:23 AM EDT
[#42]
The media isn't sharing it.

Of they aren't online, specifically here, and not IN Virginia, how are they going to hear about it?
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 2:06:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Well, honestly, guys like me waaaaay over here in Texas aren't really supposed to have to give a crap what's happening in VA.  And we usually don't (and you want to keep it that way, trust me).  But Richmond has generously volunteered to be this war's Stalingrad by quirk of circumstance and arrogance, and will be the grand climax before politics finally fails for one of the two sides, and the debate continues by other means.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 2:12:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Yup, I've told as many as I can. Even had a gun guy from church ask me for updates being I told him about it a few weeks ago.

But I dont think anyone knew anything until I told them.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 2:15:56 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
VCDL membership is important.

Their email alerts are excellent at staying abreast of what’s going on.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 2:18:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Try living here and meeting gun people that dont know whats going on.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 2:27:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Everyone knows about it here. All kinds of gun owners.

Must be more woke here.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 2:35:05 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah another term for outliers is the fringe or extremist. Just sayin.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 2:39:37 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Would rather have a small communist free group than a large group that believes in the extermination of most of the worlds population in the name of diversity.

We will never support the SRA here.
View Quote
Yeah that an accurate representation of the world reality.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 2:51:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Most Gun Owners American are Politically Apathetic.
View Quote
This is why most politicians are not afraid of the typical apathetic American voter, but they are afraid of organized opposition.

ETA: The above observation was to repeal the Calif AW laws, many Calif gunners was only interested in shooting and not the politics that comes with the gun ownership.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top