BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 10:30:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I worked with a guy like that. He made a big deal of being from Chicagah.
He maxed out 3 credit cards on his girl, then she left him for some strange reason. And he swore the ride was worth it!
He moved back to Chicagah with an un-paidoff pickup truck he had no intention of paying off. I hope the system caught up with him; he was a total asshole.
View Quote

Folks from up north tend to make a big deal about it.

Folks from Texas make a bigger deal about it and are right.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 10:38:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
CMJohnson?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 10:41:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Thats nothing, I have two!
View Quote
Pfft, I've got three for free!
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 10:49:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Pfft, I've got three for free!
View Quote

Yeah, well, the hooker gave me my money back with a tip!

Link Posted: 5/24/2023 10:56:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I once heard a legend here of a $50,000 bathroom renovation.
View Quote

iirc you can find hielo's masterpiece by searching for "the grand unveiling"
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 10:58:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I also <3 GD
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This habit is adjacent to those that, when you own something or buy something new, if they bought something similar but more expensive it means you bought junk and should have got the good one, but if what they have was lower cost than what you have it means you wasted your money and theirs is just as good if not better.

Love those guys.

I also <3 GD

@wakeboarder is my muse
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:00:02 PM EDT
[#7]
…and everyone clapped!
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 6:29:02 AM EDT
[#8]
SNL did a skit about the habitual one upper.

Penelope: Thanksgiving - SNL
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 6:35:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

oh yeah? i did donuts with that little rover car thingy
View Quote

Oh yeah? Well I left Matt Damon stranded on mars, so.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 6:51:03 AM EDT
[#10]
All I can say is I was in a stationary vehicle hit by a moving house. True story.
Sometimes I don't tell stories that would fit in the conversation, not because they aren't true, but it would SOUND like they weren't, and I hate being called a liar for something that was totally true.
I had a friend who lost his mind as all of us from high school got older, had decent jobs, got married, and he was still living with his mom, and couldn't get laid with gold bars in his pocket, so he invented a girlfriend. He ran with it so hard that she had given him a brand new Mustang, but it was always in the shop when we wanted to see it, along with all the other expensive goodies. The last straw was him giving her address to one person, and it turned out to be an empty lot on the north side of town. He got so wrapped up in his delusions that the ambulance company fired him. Haven't seen him in years.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 10:20:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Oh yeah? Well I left Matt Damon stranded on mars, so.
View Quote

Thats nothing, I was all of his lost weight while stranded on Mars.
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 9:24:06 PM EDT
[#12]
In for more one upper stories.
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 11:41:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Post more
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 2:53:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I work with a guy who I believe has a legitimate mental disorder. He always has to one up everyone, always has to talk about how great he is, and walks into the office almost every day on the phone (not sure if there is anyone actually one the other end) talking super loud about himself.

He also likes to answer questions that are asked of other people  

The world revolves around him!!!!!
View Quote

I think we must have his twin brother working here because your description fits this guy perfectly.  I joked about him with a co-worker and said if you showed this guy your new watch, he'd tell you how he invented time.  

Thankfully he's only a part timer.  I hadn't seen him in a while, and I asked another one of my coworkers about him.  She said, "Oh, he had a heart attack and will be out for a while."

My reaction:  FINALLY!!  Something he CAN'T one-up me on!!

I've had two!*

*And I only missed a day and a half of work on the 2nd one.  So there.  
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 9:12:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Post more
View Quote

Ok.
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 3:12:50 PM EDT
[#16]
A friend I used to ride motorcycles with almost 30 years ago taught me the entertainment value of biting my tongue and not being so quick to blurt out "bullshit" when I am around "one-uppers" or the guy who always caught the biggest fish.

He was a much better actor than me and almost had it to an art form in encouraging people and egging them on with their stories.

For instance, if a guy said something like "I ride an XYZ Eleven Hundred and I have had it up to 264 miles per hour", his response would be a very sincere looking "really?"

Then he would ask that person "Is that the new model with dual chain drives?" knowing good and well there is no such thing.

It was all I could do to not laugh out loud when he when was bull shitting a bull shitter, and in fact at least once I had to walk away.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top