Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:27:12 AM EDT
[#1]
What kind of a glassy-eyed slobber-mouthed moron uses Google anyway?
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:27:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I think you're missing the point. I decode your mentality as "If it didn't happen to me, it doesn't matter". Not sure if you know much about Google, but they are playing Politics, and that is concerning when they control allot of tech.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here we go again. Some of you guys are pathetic.

Waaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!

I think you're missing the point. I decode your mentality as "If it didn't happen to me, it doesn't matter". Not sure if you know much about Google, but they are playing Politics, and that is concerning when they control allot of tech.

My mentality is that I'm pro-freedom and pro-constitution which means they're free to put whatever the fuck they want on their site whether it wads your panties or not. You are also free to not use their services or support their company by visiting their site.

Freedom is scary.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:27:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Really? Really?
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:28:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey guys, this site didn't change their homepage for D-Day either... fucking progressive communist gays!

Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:29:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Google is owned, operated, and run by a bunch of progressives. They are never going to celebrate the things of American greatness (things you want them to), and they are going to celebrate things that you don't want them to.

That is as is has been, and I would guess that will be as it will be.

Get over it.  It really has no affect on your life.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:29:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

My company gives this company hundreds of thousands per year.

Fuck them.
View Quote

GIVES, or pays them for a service?

How many other businesses you frequent have D-Day memorials up on their site or in their stores?
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:29:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Some businesses use Google for everything.

Analytics,
Google API,
Calendars,
Hangouts for meetings,
Google Business,
Google +,
Google Docs,
Youtube,
Gmail,
etc

Then you have their Google Chrome browser. Google Nexus, etc, etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bing is much more entertaining.  Their photos brighten my day every time I visit.  I don't understand the use for google except as a name brand anymore.  *shrugs*

Analytics,
Google API,
Calendars,
Hangouts for meetings,
Google Business,
Google +,
Google Docs,
Youtube,
Gmail,
etc

And God bless 'em ... I use every one of those services, except the Nexus phone. I'm waiting on the next gen. Nexus before switching.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:30:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hey guys, this site didn't change their homepage for D-Day either... fucking progressive communist gays!

http://www.ar15.com/index.html

View Quote

That site also doesn't change their homepage for every small, irrelevant event known to man, except for the significant events they would like to see forgotten.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:34:24 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
That site also doesn't change their homepage for every small, irrelevant event known to man, except for the significant events they would like to see forgotten.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm sure the execs at Google sat down and had a discussion that centered around which events they would like to not doodle in hopes that it would destroy American patriotism.

Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:37:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yeah, keep fighting the good fight and speaking out against leftists and progressives... here in the echo chamber of AR15.com.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except they did put a small emblem up for Memorial Day...

Feel free to use Bing if Google hurts your feelings.

The tiny little yellow ribbon at the bottom of the screen technically could stand for a multitude of things. Besides that was a fraction of the effort they put towards things like the gay agenda and Nelson Mandela.

However it's good to see you sticking up for social justice warriors and the downfall of traditional American values.

LOFL!

I thought "traditional American values" included allowing a business to make these sorts of decisions and letting the market sort it out.  A social justice warrior would be totally on-board with forcing Google to only put up whichever "doodles" make them happy.

Upholding traditional American values means you don't always get what you want and you just might have to see someone support some shit you don't agree with.

As I said, you are free to use Bing if you're butthurt.  Nobody is forcing you to use Google.

Of all the things to go full retard over...

Please show me where I said Google should be forced to do anything. I'll wait...

Who's going full retard besides you? I'm not entitled to have an opinion of someone's actions? Maybe if more people gave a shit (like me) and voiced there opinions against the leftists, progressives wouldn't have such a strong foothold in our society.

Yeah, keep fighting the good fight and speaking out against leftists and progressives... here in the echo chamber of AR15.com.  

I only voice my opinion on Arfcom? Is this what you do when you troll people? Make stuff up and build strawmen? Still waiting...btw.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:46:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Analytics,
Google API,
Calendars,
Hangouts for meetings,
Google Business,
Google +,
Google Docs,
Youtube,
Gmail,
etc

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bing is much more entertaining.  Their photos brighten my day every time I visit.  I don't understand the use for google except as a name brand anymore.  *shrugs*

Analytics,
Google API,
Calendars,
Hangouts for meetings,
Google Business,
Google +,
Google Docs,
Youtube,
Gmail,
etc

Uh oh, a business was too succesful and now they are scary

Better start the anti-trust suit

#traditionalamericanvalues #rememberdday #stopbigbusiness #muhfeels

Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:47:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Does ar15.com have a site notice about D-Day on the homepage, or a pinned sticky in GD?  No.

Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:49:22 AM EDT
[#13]
I give no fucks.

I have no expectations that a private company acknowledge these things.

Why do you all hate freedom?
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:52:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Does ar15.com have a site notice about D-Day on the homepage, or a pinned sticky in GD?  No.

View Quote

AR15.com hates America!
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:54:21 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:54:49 AM EDT
[#16]
duckduckgo.com

stop using google
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:55:18 AM EDT
[#17]
SUPER PATRIOTS!!! ASSEMMBLE!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:56:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I give no fucks.

View Quote

It's a private company, and OP is free to notice and react to the fact that Google can make sure to highlight communist Chinese and other lefty non-holidays but ignore this.   Google is free to do that, he is free to notice it and speak about it.  You are free to give no fucks.  

Why is freedom difficult to understand?
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:57:37 AM EDT
[#19]
OP you really need google to tell you what day it is, despite having family in WW II.

That's kinda sad.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:59:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It's a private company, and OP is free to notice and react to the fact that Google can make sure to highlight communist Chinese and other lefty non-holidays but ignore this.   Google is free to do that, he is free to notice it and speak about it.  You are free to give no fucks.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I give no fucks.

It's not difficult. Quite the contrary.

Being upset about this is fucking stupid.

Link Posted: 6/6/2016 12:02:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I give no fucks.

Then why is exercising it "hating it".   When OP calls for government regulation to force Google to observe his pet holiday then I'll get upset with his hatred of freedom.

Now, personally I think its all part of the sea-change of culture.   Not sure I see it as dumb to be upset by it, but then not sure it does much good to stand and scream at the tide either.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 12:02:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

All part of the sea-change of culture.   Not sure I see it as dumb to be upset by it, but then not sure it does much good to stand and scream at the tide either.
View Quote

Well said.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 12:03:11 PM EDT
[#23]
You must have missed what they did for Memorial Day. Standard Google graphic with a shitty postage stamp size stock picture of the American flag with a yellow ribbon at the bottom of the page. Damn thing wasn't even avatar quality resolution.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 12:08:51 PM EDT
[#24]
I don't think any of these discussions are claiming that Google should be forced to commemorate D Day or Memorial Day.  I think they are discussing how messed up it is that a company can make doodles for essentially every minor thing in history, yet they choose to ignore what is arguably the most influential day in modern history, most likely because it revolved around a topic that doesn't fit their agenda (war/the bomb).  

Google has freedom of speech, just as we are free to criticize what they choose to do.

I do think that these are constructive discussions, and don't understand why it's being ridiculed.  No one is butt hurt.  No one is supporting government intervention.  It's a good point to bring up, that a lot of people probably wouldn't have realized if it hadn't been brought up.

Google is what it is because of how great America is, yet they are dodging taxes every chance they get, and they're ignoring all the lives that were sacrificed to provide them the liberties that have made them what they are.

I've been on the Fuck Google train for a while, and ignoring D Day is a pretty fucked up thing to do in my opinion.  

Link Posted: 6/6/2016 12:12:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Holy sensationalized bullshit, Batman.

By not putting up a fucking doodle, they're "trying to eliminate the conservative and American patriotism and remembrance"???

Jesus...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Google has been long trying to eliminate the conservative and American patriotism and remembrance.

They didn't do this on memorial day either, but they will celebrate it for various left agendas and events.

By not putting up a fucking doodle, they're "trying to eliminate the conservative and American patriotism and remembrance"???

Jesus...

This.

For a group of people (GD) who like to ridicule liberals for being offended, there sure are a lot of threads complaining about how they are upset about things.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 12:13:03 PM EDT
[#26]
It annoys me, but it's also the best search engine, etc.

Switch to Bing and get great images on days like today and lousy results.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 12:14:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

This.

For a group of people (GD) who like to ridicule liberals for being offended, there sure are a lot of threads complaining about how they are upset about things.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Google has been long trying to eliminate the conservative and American patriotism and remembrance.

They didn't do this on memorial day either, but they will celebrate it for various left agendas and events.

Jesus...

This.

Google needs trigger warnings.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 12:15:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
¯\_(?)_/¯

So you are upset because a private company didn't make a stupid cartoon to remind us of 200k+ allied deaths on D-Day?

I struggle to imagine a properly reverent cartoon to memorialize D-Day.
View Quote

200,000 Allied soldiers died on D-Day?  Where did you get that number?
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 12:24:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Somehow I just knew this thread would be here this morning
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 12:25:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 12:38:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
¯\_(?)_/¯

So you are upset because a private company didn't make a stupid cartoon to remind us of 200k+ allied deaths on D-Day?

View Quote

You're off by a factor of almost 50. There were around 4,400 Allied deaths during the Overlord landings.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 12:46:48 PM EDT
[#32]
ARFCOM's trigglypuffs need their safe space.  Please be respectful of their feelings.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 12:54:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Don't you all have better things to do than worry about what Google is doodling?
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 12:56:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Talk about first world problems.
I'll still use google
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 12:56:37 PM EDT
[#36]

Fuck Google...

Link Posted: 6/6/2016 12:56:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 1:06:24 PM EDT
[#38]

Link Posted: 6/6/2016 1:13:54 PM EDT
[#39]
It's "funny" this outrage thread is longer than the remembrance thread.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1875057_6_June_1944.html
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 1:19:35 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

It's "funny" this outrage thread is longer than the remembrance thread.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1875057_6_June_1944.html
View Quote
How are we suppose to know it's D-day if google doesn't tell us?

Link Posted: 6/6/2016 1:22:45 PM EDT
[#41]
I doubt the men who landed on D Day would give a shit.

Some of you guys are just looking for reasons to be butthurt.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 1:26:34 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
The tiny little yellow ribbon at the bottom of the screen technically could stand for a multitude of things. Besides that was a fraction of the effort they put towards things like the gay agenda and Nelson Mandela.

However it's good to see you sticking up for social justice warriors and the downfall of traditional American values.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nothing new. We do this every holiday. They did nothing for Memorial Day yet a week or two prior they dedicated a whole week to "tranny awareness."

Wait 'til they ignore Trump's birthday. That'll get a rise out of yoda.

Link Posted: 6/6/2016 1:28:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

You are not allowed to have a happy Sweden Day, because of D-Day.  That's how this works.  That's how all of this works.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 1:31:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nothing new. We do this every holiday. They did nothing for Memorial Day yet a week or two prior they dedicated a whole week to "tranny awareness."

This, I don't see how pointing out Google will celebrate every liberal, or LGBTXYZ cause, yet ignore things like this is bad....unless you are a SJW scumbag....SJW's can go fuck themselves....
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 1:45:27 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
This, I don't see how pointing out Google will celebrate every liberal, or LGBTXYZ cause, yet ignore things like this is bad....unless you are a SJW scumbag....SJW's can go fuck themselves....
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's not bad, unless you consider looking like a whiny, easily-offended, emotional bitch "bad".

In the same breath, you criticize Social Justice Warrior douchebags with their perpetually-offended state of being... oh the irony.

Link Posted: 6/6/2016 1:57:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

You are not allowed to have a happy Sweden Day, because of D-Day.  That's how this works.  That's how all of this works.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Google had a doodle in honour of Sweden today.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 1:58:38 PM EDT
[#47]
If you check the "Feeling Lucky" button, the top search is D-Day.

Guess they're not that anti-american
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 2:29:15 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

¯\_(?)_/¯

No idea. I did a google and took the first answer available. I rechecked and found a much better answer that is significantly lower than that.

I got my numbers way wrong (thanks for the correction) but stand by the sentiment.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top