[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
But, of course,  I don't.
View Quote

I should get a travel bolt gun
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 8:40:30 AM EDT
[#2]
The interesting thing about it, even though I'm overweight, my BP was 120/80 last time I had it checked so that was a nice surprise.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 8:41:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I've been in desk jobs out of college. They pay well but I get frustrated sitting at a desk all the time. I just get the high mental and emotional stress
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

True from both sides though.
It's sad how large a percentage of people at this beach are fat.
Like if they're over 20, there's a 90% chance they're overweight.

It's always weird to me to realize that I'm the only non-corpulent person in the area. I don't and never have considered myself a bastion of fitness, but the standard now seems to be "if you don't waddle when you walk"

As many unhealthy habits that I have, I'm still in better shape than the majority of other people I know that are my age (and many that are younger).

Round is a shape

I went through some shit and ballooned up, unfortunately. But I realize it, and am working to get in better shape now since the beatus runs in the family. I weigh a lot more now that I should. Down 15ish so far with another 60ish to go.

I guess I've been fortunate that I've never been too round. Closest I ever got to 200 was 195 in college. That was my baseball bod. 195, body fat <10%.
I wish I had that body again. I could really use it for evil knowing what I know now.

Youth is truly wasted on the young.

Throughout highschool and college I was never too fat, but working a desk job ruined that. I'll get back down there one day hopefully.

Maybe that's my secret.
I've always held jobs that required a fair amount of physical exertion coupled with massive amounts of mental and emotional stress.

I've been in desk jobs out of college. They pay well but I get frustrated sitting at a desk all the time. I just get the high mental and emotional stress

I did the desk job thing right out of college (Xerox). Got my fill of that after about 5 years. Been chasing power plants, ammonia plants or pipeline ever since.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 8:44:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's why I make sure I have a chair that I can rock back and forth.  Gotta keep moving!
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 8:45:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Morning all.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 8:45:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Busy day today.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 8:45:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This would be my choice, but it's the wrong caliber for distance shooting.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 8:46:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Finish up a set of Turbskis...

Got another set on deck.

Used car recondition/maintenance.

Then we strip out a water damage car for the insurance company....
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 8:46:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I did the desk job thing right out of college (Xerox). Got my fill of that after about 5 years. Been chasing power plants, ammonia plants or pipeline ever since.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's always weird to me to realize that I'm the only non-corpulent person in the area. I don't and never have considered myself a bastion of fitness, but the standard now seems to be "if you don't waddle when you walk"

As many unhealthy habits that I have, I'm still in better shape than the majority of other people I know that are my age (and many that are younger).

Round is a shape

I went through some shit and ballooned up, unfortunately. But I realize it, and am working to get in better shape now since the beatus runs in the family. I weigh a lot more now that I should. Down 15ish so far with another 60ish to go.

I guess I've been fortunate that I've never been too round. Closest I ever got to 200 was 195 in college. That was my baseball bod. 195, body fat <10%.
I wish I had that body again. I could really use it for evil knowing what I know now.

Throughout highschool and college I was never too fat, but working a desk job ruined that. I'll get back down there one day hopefully.

Maybe that's my secret.
I've always held jobs that required a fair amount of physical exertion coupled with massive amounts of mental and emotional stress.

Thats sort of where I'm at. Part of me wants to look into another desk job because of the money, the other part of me wants to switch industries but pay would be lower due to the whole no experience thing.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 8:46:58 AM EDT
[#10]
It'll fuck your shit up within 150 yards, though.  
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 8:47:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Thats sort of where I'm at. Part of me wants to look into another desk job because of the money, the other part of me wants to switch industries but pay would be lower due to the whole no experience thing.
View Quote

I can prolly getchu in the door here as an apprentice at around $19 an hour to start....
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 8:47:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That's why I make sure I have a chair that I can rock back and forth.  Gotta keep moving!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My chair does move but that's not enough really. Back when I worked at the nursing home I was constantly moving and doing stuff. At a desk I just type and occasionally walk to get more coffee.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 8:47:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's all you really need though....
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 8:47:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Morning all.
View Quote

hi
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 8:48:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Let's sporterize and shorten a Mosin???
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 8:48:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

hi
View Quote

Hey Boo!
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 8:49:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Catch youse later.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 8:49:19 AM EDT
[#18]
I work nao.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 8:49:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/214090/30124168_1847086988656554_48688320582473-2411239.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/214090/30124168_1847086988656554_48688320582473-2411239.JPG

Rebarrel it to 6.5 or something. I've got one of those in 308 and it's ok. Would like to rebarrel though.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 8:49:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Sounds good for urban combat.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 8:50:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Let's sporterize and shorten a Mosin???
View Quote
I wouldn't mind takin' a few inches off my mosin in an archangel stock.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 8:50:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Round is a shape

Maybe that's my secret.

Just gotta supplement the physical movement.
During my 7.5 years doing the ammonia plant thing, which was mostly monitoring an ops board, I ran a 5k every day up on the roof of the facility. Of course, I didn't punch a clock and had the freedom to do what I wanted when I wanted.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 8:51:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've made hits out to 700 with mine before but the amount of bullet drop is stupid.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 8:51:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I work nao.
View Quote

That sucks.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 8:53:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I can prolly getchu in the door here as an apprentice at around $19 an hour to start....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not terrible actually. Would be a significant pay cut though
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 8:54:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Rebarrel it to 6.5 or something. I've got one of those in 308 and it's ok. Would like to rebarrel though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've seen and heard of lots of those 700's being hit or miss. I've been really lucky with both of mine, but they are AAC-SD's. That might be the difference in QC... or maybe I just got lucky.
They made a run of 6.5CM AAC-SD's, but that was right before their "issues", so there's just not many of them in the wild. I'd like to find one to complete the set.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 8:56:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I've made hits out to 700 with mine before but the amount of bullet drop is stupid.
View Quote
Ain't no place to do that kinda chootin' round here.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 8:57:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I work nao.
View Quote

Okay bye
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 8:58:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The one pictured is a .300WTF. I'd have very real problems hitting anything with it at 700 yards.
I've hit steel very consistently at 600 yards with my .308, though. I would love to have a place to stretch that out farther just to see what it can actually do. The thing is stupid accurate, especially since I put the G trigger in it.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 9:00:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

During my 7.5 years doing the ammonia plant thing, which was mostly monitoring an ops board, I ran a 5k every day up on the roof of the facility. Of course, I didn't punch a clock and had the freedom to do what I wanted when I wanted.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Round is a shape

Maybe that's my secret.

I've started rucking a few times a week with a weighted pack just as a form of exercise. I hate going to gyms so that's about all I have.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 9:02:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The one pictured is a .300WTF. I'd have very real problems hitting anything with it at 700 yards.
I've hit steel very consistently at 600 yards with my .308, though. I would love to have a place to stretch that out farther just to see what it can actually do. The thing is stupid accurate, especially since I put the G trigger in it.
View Quote
I guess you can say you found the G spot.  
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 9:02:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I need to call the ATF.
View Quote

Don’t invite the man into your life
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 9:02:40 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I've seen and heard of lots of those 700's being hit or miss. I've been really lucky with both of mine, but they are AAC-SD's. That might be the difference in QC... or maybe I just got lucky.
They made a run of 6.5CM AAC-SD's, but that was right before their "issues", so there's just not many of them in the wild. I'd like to find one to complete the set.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine has been pretty solid. About a MOA rifle with the right load. 168s and 175s seem to produce the best results, at least in fine. I've almost just debated pulling the barrel and adding a few inches for more velocity.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 9:03:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had to drive 3 hours and wait around for awhile to do that.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 9:05:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any of my long shots were at a PRS range that is now closed or a buddy's farm a few hours away. It's pretty much been once in a blue moon that I get to shoot it. I hear good things about the G triggers but I ended up going with a 8oz Timney or however your spell it. Stupid light but solid.

I've considered a 300bbq gun but I don't reload (yet).
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 9:07:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Definitely
After I put in the G and swapped to the Steiner, the first 3 shot group I was serious about (after bore sighting) measured at .147 MOA. I was very pleasantly surprised.
I have (almost) repeated that on several occasions since. I can average @.25 MOA with Federal Premium 168 gr SMK's.

I'm very happy with that.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 9:08:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Mine has been pretty solid. About a MOA rifle with the right load. 168s and 175s seem to produce the best results, at least in fine. I've almost just debated pulling the barrel and adding a few inches for more velocity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I were to rebarrel, I would go the "Remage" route.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 9:09:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Don’t invite the man into your life
View Quote
lulz
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 9:09:51 AM EDT
[#39]
This guy looks like AJ.

Attachment Attached File

https://www.zerohedge.com/military/youtuber-3d-prints-world-first-rocket-launcher-and-fires-target
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 9:10:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Round is a shape

Maybe that's my secret.

I wanted to avoid a desk job out of college, so I became a machinist (5yrs), then did commercial HVAC (4yrs), and now I'm a nurse

Did pretty well weight wise as a machinist (215-195lbs), not so much since then (up to 245 at one point, down to 235 right now).
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 9:10:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same. I looked at Criterion barrels at wine point but then got side tracked with over fun purchases. Wouldn't be that hard to replace, just costs time and money.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 9:12:22 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I wanted to avoid a desk job out of college, so I became a machinist (5yrs), then did commercial HVAC (4yrs), and now I'm a nurse

Did pretty well weight wise as a machinist (215-195lbs), not so much since then (up to 245 at one point, down to 235 right now).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Round is a shape

Maybe that's my secret.

How does one go from machinist to nurse? Changing career fields scares me.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 9:16:53 AM EDT
[#43]
I have about 10% BF to go before I'm happy.

I care more about being strong that a size 2.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 9:20:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Definitely
After I put in the G and swapped to the Steiner, the first 3 shot group I was serious about (after bore sighting) measured at .147 MOA. I was very pleasantly surprised.
I have (almost) repeated that on several occasions since. I can average @.25 MOA with Federal Premium 168 gr SMK's.

I'm very happy with that.
View Quote
You're way beyond what I shoot.  
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 9:21:26 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
size isn't everything.  
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 9:23:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
size isn't everything.  
View Quote

I love being strong.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 9:23:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

M2 ball is 2750.
So is M80 ball.
Precision rounds with heavier bullets are slower.
The Barnes TTSX 110gr is supposed be be about 3400fps from a factory load.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

M2 ball is 2750.
So is M80 ball.
Precision rounds with heavier bullets are slower.
The Barnes TTSX 110gr is supposed be be about 3400fps from a factory load.

I mean, that was mostly rhetorical, and she's a cunt
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 9:24:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I mean, that was mostly rhetorical, and she's a cunt
View Quote

...language...
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 9:25:04 AM EDT
[#49]
CompassCare in Amhurst (near Beefalo) was firebombed.  Didn't hear about it on the local news, imagine that, they're a pro-life healthcare center.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 9:25:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Strength training will get worked into my routine eventually.
Page / 45
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top