Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 45
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 10:15:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I’d love a cat-15 after watching Stoner demonstrate how to use the full power ir illuminator with the low power laser
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd like a couple full power cat toys and upgraded nods and optics, but would prefer to put that $$$$$ towards preps

FP cat toys are pretty great. My cat loves the cat-15 I just scooped.

I’d love a cat-15 after watching Stoner demonstrate how to use the full power ir illuminator with the low power laser

Link Posted: 6/8/2022 10:15:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Round is a shape

I went through some shit and ballooned up, unfortunately. But I realize it, and am working to get in better shape now since the beatus runs in the family. I weigh a lot more now that I should. Down 15ish so far with another 60ish to go.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

True from both sides though.
It's sad how large a percentage of people at this beach are fat.
Like if they're over 20, there's a 90% chance they're overweight.

It's always weird to me to realize that I'm the only non-corpulent person in the area. I don't and never have considered myself a bastion of fitness, but the standard now seems to be "if you don't waddle when you walk"

As many unhealthy habits that I have, I'm still in better shape than the majority of other people I know that are my age (and many that are younger).

Round is a shape

I went through some shit and ballooned up, unfortunately. But I realize it, and am working to get in better shape now since the beatus runs in the family. I weigh a lot more now that I should. Down 15ish so far with another 60ish to go.

Keep up the good work!
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 10:17:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Family is more important than toys or even tools.
And eventually digital NV will become functional.
The Sionyx Aurora was pretty good for the money when you could get them for $300, and they could have been more useful if they'd stripped a bunch of the camera features out.
Not going to compete with analog, and very ir illumination dependant, but was way better than a flashlight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really want nods

but a house with room for kids and $$ for adoption is a bigger priority right now.

some day there'll be money for nods

Family is more important than toys or even tools.
And eventually digital NV will become functional.
The Sionyx Aurora was pretty good for the money when you could get them for $300, and they could have been more useful if they'd stripped a bunch of the camera features out.
Not going to compete with analog, and very ir illumination dependant, but was way better than a flashlight.

Digital will over take analog at some point, just like it did with music, tv, and cameras, and phones, and everything else
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 10:17:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I guess I've been fortunate that I've never been too round. Closest I ever got to 200 was 195 in college. That was my baseball bod. 195, body fat <10%.
I wish I had that body again. I could really use it for evil knowing what I know now.

Youth is truly wasted on the young.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's always weird to me to realize that I'm the only non-corpulent person in the area. I don't and never have considered myself a bastion of fitness, but the standard now seems to be "if you don't waddle when you walk"

As many unhealthy habits that I have, I'm still in better shape than the majority of other people I know that are my age (and many that are younger).

Round is a shape

I guess I've been fortunate that I've never been too round. Closest I ever got to 200 was 195 in college. That was my baseball bod. 195, body fat <10%.
I wish I had that body again. I could really use it for evil knowing what I know now.

Yes it is
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 10:18:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I really enjoy my 11.5 lately. It's what I ran at Wolverine last weekend in Michigan. But I put my G lower on it so I wasn't running a PSA lower in public.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/310432/73FE0495-7E70-471A-A52D-B88BB56D2EAA_jpe-2411225.JPG

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Needs a shorter barrel. Usually I have a can on this but it's on my bolt gun right now
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/310432/4E01D424-5E84-42C6-9894-50CE715C216E_jpe-2411222.JPG

I need to do something with that front modbutton. I'm not sure I like using it with a laser which is why it's unplugged.

Oh I have an 11.5 and 14.5too

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/177960/Screenshot_20220326-120059_png-2411223.JPG

I think that pic's basically current, except that I ditched the mbus on the 11.5"

I really enjoy my 11.5 lately. It's what I ran at Wolverine last weekend in Michigan. But I put my G lower on it so I wasn't running a PSA lower in public.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/310432/73FE0495-7E70-471A-A52D-B88BB56D2EAA_jpe-2411225.JPG

Nice looking boom stick
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 10:18:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

He's the bestest little floof. I need to come down and meet him.
View Quote

I've been saying that for a while now.

Schedule it around a comic con and my middle would love to go too.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 10:19:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 10:19:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Ethan Nordean, political prisoner, on Glenn Beck now from prison.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 10:19:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Only when erect.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
NINETY THREE POUNDS

Only when erect.

Link Posted: 6/8/2022 10:20:05 AM EDT
[#10]
fargin knee is barking , cortisone shots lasted 3 weeks
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 10:20:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

But I don't like people, so....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You should come to Kirby's Kompound.
https://www.facebook.com/kirbys.kompound.7

But I don't like people, so....
But there's MUD!  Not a lot of people in Palmyra.  No big Mormonfest anymore.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 10:20:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Wish I had one of my bolts with me right now. I've been out in the badlands of NM where you have more distance than your bullet can travel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Needs a shorter barrel. Usually I have a can on this but it's on my bolt gun right now
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/310432/4E01D424-5E84-42C6-9894-50CE715C216E_jpe-2411222.JPG

I need to do something with that front modbutton. I'm not sure I like using it with a laser which is why it's unplugged.

I don't, however, have either a can or a modern bolt gun.

Cans are nice for Nods blasting. Still need to drill a F1 can that was approved in September Bolt Guns are meh, I shoot it maybe once a year. Just not really my thing but nice to have.

I enjoy shooting my bolt guns more than my AR's.
Guess I'm weird.

It be like that sometimes. My max range here is 200 unless I drive a few hours  even then, I can't stretch out too far. Shooting a bolt gun at only 100 just seems like a waste.

Wish I had one of my bolts with me right now. I've been out in the badlands of NM where you have more distance than your bullet can travel.

That would be awesome
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 10:20:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Wandering_Moses:
But, of course,  I don't.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/8/2022 10:21:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Lunchtime yet?
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 10:22:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Ocular migraine: engage
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 10:24:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

How does one go from machinist to nurse? Changing career fields scares me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Round is a shape

Throughout highschool and college I was never too fat, but working a desk job ruined that. I'll get back down there one day hopefully.

Maybe that's my secret.
I've always held jobs that required a fair amount of physical exertion coupled with massive amounts of mental and emotional stress.

I've been in desk jobs out of college. They pay well but I get frustrated sitting at a desk all the time. I just get the high mental and emotional stress

I wanted to avoid a desk job out of college, so I became a machinist (5yrs), then did commercial HVAC (4yrs), and now I'm a nurse

Did pretty well weight wise as a machinist (215-195lbs), not so much since then (up to 245 at one point, down to 235 right now).

How does one go from machinist to nurse? Changing career fields scares me.

Having a wife who makes good money (as a nurse) and living well within your means helps.
Took a year of part time and two years of full time school at a community college, during which I mostly worked a day or two a week except during breaks.
After I graduated and passed the NCLEX I kept working HVAC until my kid was born (about two months after graduation), took six weeks off and then started in the ER.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 10:26:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That would be awesome
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't, however, have either a can or a modern bolt gun.

Cans are nice for Nods blasting. Still need to drill a F1 can that was approved in September Bolt Guns are meh, I shoot it maybe once a year. Just not really my thing but nice to have.

I enjoy shooting my bolt guns more than my AR's.
Guess I'm weird.

It be like that sometimes. My max range here is 200 unless I drive a few hours  even then, I can't stretch out too far. Shooting a bolt gun at only 100 just seems like a waste.

That would be awesome

Is it like the cartoons, where the bullet just stops, and hits the ground?
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 10:29:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
CompassCare in Amhurst (near Beefalo) was firebombed.  Didn't hear about it on the local news, imagine that, they're a pro-life healthcare center.
View Quote

This is my shocked face:
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 10:30:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Lube

If it's available down there can you bring me some Andy Gators. thx
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 10:33:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

This is my shocked face:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
CompassCare in Amhurst (near Beefalo) was firebombed.  Didn't hear about it on the local news, imagine that, they're a pro-life healthcare center.

This is my shocked face:
Response from the buffalo ho: Money for security for baby killing clinics.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 10:34:23 AM EDT
[#21]
gettin old aint for the squeamish  
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 10:35:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I've crossed that number since hitting the gym harder
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Round is a shape

I've crossed that number since hitting the gym harder

I had a bunch at one point, sold/traded off most of them over the last few years to upgrade optics/get NV or in one case to get my flintlock musket
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 10:38:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd like a couple full power cat toys and upgraded nods and optics, but would prefer to put that $$$$$ towards preps

I'm honestly not sure I wouldn't rather have a D2, but the 15 is significantly lighter.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 10:39:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ooof.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 10:40:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 10:42:20 AM EDT
[#26]
The D2 ain't that heavy, you even lift bro
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 10:51:39 AM EDT
[#27]
More crazy lefties threatening SCOTUS judges.  This time Kavanaugh.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 11:17:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I have about 10% BF to go before I'm happy.

I care more about being strong that a size 2.
View Quote

I’d be fine at 205 if I was 10% bf instead of 210 and 28%
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 11:21:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Round is a shape

A couple of months ago I was at my heaviest at 162. Down around 157 currently, so starting to feel less fat. Goal is sub 155. 152 would be real nice.

Link Posted: 6/8/2022 11:23:36 AM EDT
[#30]
I'd like to be under 200.  
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 11:29:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Lunchtime yet?
View Quote
Nearly

Vikki Carr – Happy Together
Vikki Carr - Happy Together
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 11:31:08 AM EDT
[#32]

This post needs more Kelly
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 11:31:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Worst acting in a show ever, yet was stupid popular.  Oh, I know why.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/334993/sbtbkelly_jpg-2411268.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Worst acting in a show ever, yet was stupid popular.  Oh, I know why.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/334993/sbtbkelly_jpg-2411268.JPG

YES!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 11:34:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Lunchtime yet?
View Quote

I think so. I am hunger.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 11:34:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

It's a result of the gun more than me. I know enough about bench shooting to not fuck up the gun's performance.
The range where I can shoot 600 yards requires a qualification at 300 yards before you're allowed to shoot on the 400, 500 or 600 yard ranges (all steel). The qualification consists of a 5" black circle at 300 yards. You get 5 shots and all shots must be within the circle. A qualification officer spots your group.
I took my time and put 5, dead center, at about .25MOA. He was pretty amazed and I had to spend a few minutes going over the details of my rifle. He asked me to do it again (he called the other qualification officer over to watch) and I did it again with the same results. They said they regularly see $5k+ custom rigs that don't shoot as well.
Like I said, I know enough about bench shooting technique to allow the rifle to do what it does and not fuck it up too much.
Maybe that's why I enjoy my bolts over my AR's.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Definitely
After I put in the G and swapped to the Steiner, the first 3 shot group I was serious about (after bore sighting) measured at .147 MOA. I was very pleasantly surprised.
I have (almost) repeated that on several occasions since. I can average @.25 MOA with Federal Premium 168 gr SMK's.

I'm very happy with that.
You're way beyond what I shoot.  

It's a result of the gun more than me. I know enough about bench shooting to not fuck up the gun's performance.
The range where I can shoot 600 yards requires a qualification at 300 yards before you're allowed to shoot on the 400, 500 or 600 yard ranges (all steel). The qualification consists of a 5" black circle at 300 yards. You get 5 shots and all shots must be within the circle. A qualification officer spots your group.
I took my time and put 5, dead center, at about .25MOA. He was pretty amazed and I had to spend a few minutes going over the details of my rifle. He asked me to do it again (he called the other qualification officer over to watch) and I did it again with the same results. They said they regularly see $5k+ custom rigs that don't shoot as well.
Like I said, I know enough about bench shooting technique to allow the rifle to do what it does and not fuck it up too much.
Maybe that's why I enjoy my bolts over my AR's.

That’s awesome

I should learn how to shoot a precision rifle
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 11:34:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ooof. Those are so annoying.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 11:35:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Chloe was at the vet last week and weighed in at 86#
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
NINETY THREE POUNDS

Chloe was at the vet last week and weighed in at 86#

How old is she?
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 11:36:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I've got a decent amount of NV gear.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

High quality, reliable rifles, with forged bolts, CHF barrels, nice triggers, and everything already tuned up to work together, for about $1500.

The way things are going, I'm leaning towards buying while they're available.
I've already got three ARs built up the way I want, but having a couple G rifles with decent optics/lights/IR lasers set up sounds comforting.
We'll see.

I've got 5 lowers just sitting around I need to do something with. 4 completely built with optics and everything else. I should get more IR stuff though, for reasons.

All the IR and passive stuff!!!!!

MOAR!!!!
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 11:37:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I can neither afford nor justify NV gear.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

High quality, reliable rifles, with forged bolts, CHF barrels, nice triggers, and everything already tuned up to work together, for about $1500.

The way things are going, I'm leaning towards buying while they're available.
I've already got three ARs built up the way I want, but having a couple G rifles with decent optics/lights/IR lasers set up sounds comforting.
We'll see.

I've got 5 lowers just sitting around I need to do something with. 4 completely built with optics and everything else. I should get more IR stuff though, for reasons.

All the IR and passive stuff!!!!!

I can neither afford nor justify NV gear.  

Link Posted: 6/8/2022 11:38:18 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Poured a fresh cup of coffee, perfect timing for a practice fire drill

Fuckers
View Quote

Take it with you, dumbass
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 11:39:14 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I feel like I've got the fewest AR's here with only two
View Quote

I only have 2 complete ones
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 11:39:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 11:40:43 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

My two year old pup

https://i.imgur.com/18gz6zG.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How many is it currently

Just the one. I'd be happy with 12. or 15.

https://c.tenor.com/nep2j2dDMVsAAAAC/german-shepherds-guard.gif

My two year old pup

https://i.imgur.com/18gz6zG.jpg

Boop
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 11:43:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
And, my jobsite electrician just texted me to let me know that he took his girlfriend to the hospital over shortness of breath when he got home earlier this morning. She tested positive for the vid.

View Quote

Quarantine quarantine
Sipping whiskey like vaccine
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 12:01:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Lube

If it's available down there can you bring me some Andy Gators. thx
View Quote

I’ll bring you some CFA
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 12:03:15 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

Meh, I own a few.  They’re expensive to feed.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 12:15:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Go’head.  I’ll cover for you
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I need to request that time off.

Go’head.  I’ll cover for you

YOLO green button.
I’ll send you the Wi-Fi pw too.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 12:21:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
fargin knee is barking , cortisone shots lasted 3 weeks
View Quote

Time to replace that bitch
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 12:21:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Lunchtime yet?
View Quote

Soon

But we had a big breakfast, so not sure if we’re taking lunch or not
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 12:23:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

That is less than ideal

Have you thought about disengaging it?
Page / 45
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top