User Panel

Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 9:15:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wow
Majority of the time a thread like this is posted the replies are pretty evenly split with the people that agree, the naysayers and the jokesters.
This one is majorly on the side of agreement. That should be a wake up call for fence sitters.
View Quote

Not much else I can add to this. Its crazy.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 9:18:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I can’t image what it’s like for people in states that had 40-75 COVID deaths...like WV or VT.

COVID would only be a blip on the local news if it weren’t for NY and a few other mismanaged cities.

Thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of American lives ruined over the fucking flu. Millions altered forever.

If you had a time machine and explained what’s happening to your 2019 self, he would have slapped you and told you to ease off the drugs.
View Quote

My county has had four covid deaths... Four. One was a 89 year old man, and one was a extremely obese frequent flyer of the ER due to his fatness. Un-known on the other two. With the four deaths, governor Newsom selectively shut my “red” county down. While many other blue counties with many more deaths stay open. Our bi-county area has had seven covid related deaths total, and yet here we are with our governor leaving us closed.

This is how is this not treason to the people?
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 9:33:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

One thing I have learned from all the classes I have taken is that 99% of the time you will learn more during the "down time" aka jamming mags, finger fucking gear to make it work, ect...from the instructors than during the actual class. They go off script and go into the actual holy shit moments from them. I show up to a 1k round class with damn near all the ammo in mags so I can listen to those little off scripts nugents of gold. You do that enough and with different instructors you tend to learn a little more which ultimately makes you more efficient and effective.

Those that have been there and done that I tend to listen to and take in the little details and run as fast as fucking possible with them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude, when Thomas Paine wrote & published Common Sense & The Rights of Man, he didn't waste the first whole chapter talking about his breakfast.

I'm just sayin', you got a job to do, do it well.  Don't half ass it, which is what so, so many of the people on Youtube do.  If you write a script, you don't babble.  Period.

I'm sitting through video, now...

One thing I have learned from all the classes I have taken is that 99% of the time you will learn more during the "down time" aka jamming mags, finger fucking gear to make it work, ect...from the instructors than during the actual class. They go off script and go into the actual holy shit moments from them. I show up to a 1k round class with damn near all the ammo in mags so I can listen to those little off scripts nugents of gold. You do that enough and with different instructors you tend to learn a little more which ultimately makes you more efficient and effective.

Those that have been there and done that I tend to listen to and take in the little details and run as fast as fucking possible with them.

I don't doubt that, but if you are trying to make a compelling announcement or argument (and he is), it is best to craft it, not improvise it.

Instead, here I am just now getting to the end of a video with the guy sounding like a speed-addled maniac because it's playing at 1.5X.  I know he's saying stuff I mostly already agree with, but at minute 54 of 58...he finally starts going into the extremely top-level description of what he's trying to accomplish.  He assures the listener there is a plan, and it is not being half-assed, but says he needs technical, professional, and financial assistance with almost every aspect of the org he envisions, yet does so in an hour-long stream of consciousness record.

Maybe that passion is good for rallying some people, but he even says the video is not about rallying anyone, but announcing.  I already agree with the man about damn near everything (well, except trying to take a non-existent brand new org national, immediately out of the gate; that's insane) so his passion, while admirable, is not useful to me.  I need to know exactly what I need to do to assist him, and before that, I need to be 1) convinced his goal is worthy of my help, and 2) told why he needs my help.

Craft a logical, structured call to action if you want to convey information, rather than feelings.  Not an impassioned ejaculation; we have plenty of those already.  I don't need to be made angry to figure out whether I possess a skillset presently needed to develop a website.

The Lobby Day Rally was compelling because the group communications were parsed in 'military fashion' by also-former service members (and I think some actives).  Granted it got to the point of being unintelligible jargon-jibberish at times, but there was an air of professionalism throughout, which gave ME confidence to take part, knowing I wasn't being led into a lion's den by some asshole.  And as I'd expected, that professionalism carried over to every other aspect of the event, which was quite disciplined, focused, effective, and predictable (to those who were privy to the details)

He says time is precious now, and I agree.  He could have spent that hour recording his thoughts, a half-hour organizing them, fifteen minutes proofing them, and the last fifteen minutes reading them to his webcam.  140,000 views (so far).  That's as many as ONE HUNDRED FORTY THOUSAND MAN-HOURS.  To ask if anyone wants to help him set up a website, for crissakes.

We gotta start this more locally.  We all agree on the shit that needs to be stopped; there's no need for a national hierarchy.  We'll save that shit for when we get enough political power to THINK about calling the shots, and form our own political party in the flaming aftermath of the RNC/DNC paradigm.  For now it's bare survival, I'm afraid.  Calling an 'all hands' to Idaho or even Virginia isn't gonna work well in practice, most people can only do that once a year.  And why would it be needed, anyway?  We all know there's more than enough locals to handle such things, if they were only in communication & held each other accountable as a community.  When we can get a guy we like who's friendly to us elected dog-catcher reliably, we can start thinking about taking on the larger, more remote systems.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 9:35:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So I went to Costco and bought him hundreds of pounds of beans, rice, yeast, wheat, etc.

It’s not just me.  There’s going to be a lot of very angry people in a few months.  All for a fraud.
View Quote
For long term storage of rice, you should Google how to store long term, rice what will develop as weevils, insects that look like little grubs.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 9:53:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Will are economy and currency still function? Is this why we are seeing a run on coins? Is gold and silver a solid path?
View Quote

As an investment in normal times, no.

In an era where your country is in a civil war and you can’t escape and food prices skyrocketed, or enemy troops have occupied your country, or you are leaving before the government murders you and need a universal store of portable wealth, yes.

I know people who lived through siege in Bosnia (several), or whose grandparents survived by escaping with things sewn into clothes or buying bread with gold or jewelry.

Emergency legislation could tax or confiscate your bank, brokerage or retirement accounts, prohibit or limit withdrawal, or render them valueless through inflation or regime change. All have happened in different places in the world in the last 50 years.

Link Posted: 7/19/2020 10:02:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
For long term storage of rice, you should Google how to store long term, rice what will develop as weevils, insects that look like little grubs.
View Quote

Assuming you saw my greenhouse thread mentioned above (page 2?), let me introduce you to another old old thread of mine that doesn’t archive.

Canning at home
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 10:41:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I’m working like crazy to get out of the suburbs and into real rural now.  Getting remote will help buffer things and more likely to grow my own food.
Have enough guns for now.
Debt almost paid off and some food stores.
Getting out of doge in the next 60 days is the highest priority for us.
View Quote

I'm right there with you.
We've been contemplating a big move to get the hell out of suburban south Florida for a few years. I woke up a little over a month ago and said the time has come now.
We took a week long road trip to NC and got a house under contract. We closed a week ago and we'll make the big move in a couple weeks to a perfect home on 35+ wooded acres.
I'm looking forward to this move big-time.
I hope we have some good neighbors that are worth their salt.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 11:17:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Amazon has diatomaceous earth cheap in fairly small bags with a sort of puff duster. The material is inert and washes away, but abrades and pierces weevil shells. For a typical 20-25# bag of rice, I put a dust layer about every 1/4 in the container.

Of course, weevils are extra protein ??
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 2:09:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

FWIW, the real Africans I know are friendly, easygoing folks without the chip on the shoulder many (not all) black Americans are sportin'.  I don't think they should be known as a group as "African Americans" either, though, since the vast majority are generations away from any African ancestors and have never set foot on the continent.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bear with me on my story.

About forty to fifty Africans (I've stopped calling them African Americans)...

FWIW, the real Africans I know are friendly, easygoing folks without the chip on the shoulder many (not all) black Americans are sportin'.  I don't think they should be known as a group as "African Americans" either, though, since the vast majority are generations away from any African ancestors and have never set foot on the continent.  
My friend Donald is a conservative African, him and I hit it off really well. He is Vietnam War vet with a Purple Heart, actually saw combat in Vietnam, retired from the USPS after 40 years. He walks 10 miles/day for exercise. From the way he was dressed when I first met him you would think he was homeless, but far from it, he gets a pension from the US miltiary and also from the USPS, he is really articulate. And above all he is a really nice guy.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 2:00:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Amazon has diatomaceous earth cheap in fairly small bags with a sort of puff duster. The material is inert and washes away, but abrades and pierces weevil shells. For a typical 20-25# bag of rice, I put a dust layer about every 1/4 in the container.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BTW be sure to get food-grade stuff, I am not an expert by no means, but this DE stuff also has alternative uses.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 3:48:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Have you gotten your exercise in today? Or did you at least eat an apple?

It’s getting pretty hot here and my back feels funky. But I’m going to try to put in a leg day of some sort.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 5:53:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It’s getting pretty hot here and my back feels funky. But I’m going to try to put in a leg day of some sort.
View Quote

10 miles on the bike, but I got back before it got 'hot', which is cold for you

Also got the concrete floor of the greenhouse sealed and will paint the concrete walls tomorrow (first coat anyway) and I'm ordering shelving tonight for our food storage room and the greenhouse.

Doing pistol and carbine training with some family tonight.  The future son-in-law is a pretty committed student.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 9:49:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Doing pistol and carbine training with some family tonight.  The future son-in-law is a pretty committed student.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/20/2020 11:05:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Also got the concrete floor of the greenhouse sealed and will paint the concrete walls tomorrow (first coat anyway) and I'm ordering shelving tonight for our food storage room and the greenhouse.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think I lost around 45 lbs when I did a calorie restriction and was cycling a few times a week. I’d rather cycle in the heat, than at 6,500 ft. At least I’d have hot oxygen.

I have some gun projects I’m finishing up. I do most of my shooting in the fall/ winter/ spring... It’s about two months long. So I need to get ready.
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 9:52:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Testing my new sig line.

Test complete.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 1:44:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Fats and oils are hard to stock, they are expensive and don't store well.

However, I got a really good price on some Morning Moo powdered milk the other day.  Morning Moo is the best tasting powdered milk on the market and here you can see it for sale at Amazon for $26/can

Attachment Attached File

I walked into a grocery store recently and found some for $16/can.  So I got a few.  Several.

Canned fruits and veggies are still hard to find. The normal stock is available, but no sales and no case-lot buys.  Prices still aren't very good even though late summer is when they are typically trying to move last year's stuff out and get the new stuff into warehouses.

So we've been buying what's available.  Canned chicken is the big priority for the next couple of weeks.
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top