Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 12:13:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Other than a trashbag, or hobo outfit, what's a good urban camo? I'm looking for setup that's durable and made for hard concrete, asphalt.

Anyone have a setup like this? Post a pic for ideas?

Let me clarify; I don't needa gun setup but a camo/outfit that:

1. Doesn't make me look like the one white tourist walking outside.
2. That shows I'm prepared to fuck you up if you try me.  Yeah, baby! You will definitely give off that bad@$$ vibe in these threads!
3. That doesn't look ghetto so as any leo's don't get the wrong idea by looking at me.
 Oh, no, they won't.

It really is at this point now.

Edit#3: So the situation down herenin downtown Atlanta, has gotten to where the trash has moved into the city to roll people. There is no leo presence. Period.

I've always carried under the threat of something going south.

That something is now a certain and carrying a concealed 20 rd while blending in isn't going to cut it.

Hence the need to start slinging a long gun and a sidearm. So with that in mind, talk to me.
View Quote

Based on Op's criteria, here is the perfect outfit:
Uh, looks like there is only one place to conceal that Webley .....  

Link Posted: 4/16/2020 12:32:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I still wear woodland BDU pants, a t-shirt, and a hoodie. I look like 90% of the homeless bums around here.

A cheap ripstop day pack, sneakers, and a sock hat complete to the ensemble.

Just gotta stay woke and ready to yell...

Link Posted: 4/16/2020 12:34:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Follow Me!

For I shall show you the way...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 12:40:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Project much? Geez, give it a rest Francis.
View Quote

Do you not notice that 90% of the folks here that are posting pics are posting completely ridiculous options? Im not the only here who thinks this is comical.. You want attention, You want people to think your a badass based on what you are wearing... Its silly and stupid..
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 12:44:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 12:46:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Grey man, you don't want to stand out.  Old earth tone clothes, nothing eye-catching..... old nondescript baseball hat with no logos, old nondescript jacket and pants, again all with no logos if it can be avoided.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 12:56:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Dude, learn to blend
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 1:04:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm white. Looking like everyone else is not an option. In before shoe polish.
View Quote

Then move because it won't get better.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 1:07:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 1:07:35 AM EDT
[#10]
I didn't realize you filled in the thinly veiled sarcasm I left out.. or didn't but, that shit is funny as hell.

@INV136

But no. Really.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 1:36:38 AM EDT
[#11]

I don't know the OP, but I was assuming "try not to get raped" was one of the primary mission parameters.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 1:42:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Fucking. Teener. Thread.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 1:51:53 AM EDT
[#13]
pick one of these?
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 1:56:04 AM EDT
[#14]

i think that would qualify as #2
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 1:59:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Why wouldn't you wear what you normally wear?
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 2:25:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Gauges or your ears and a little samurai pig tail.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 2:27:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Other than a trashbag, or hobo outfit, what's a good urban camo? I'm looking for setup that's durable and made for hard concrete, asphalt.

Anyone have a setup like this? Post a pic for ideas?

Let me clarify; I don't needa gun setup but a camo/outfit that:

1. Doesn't make me look like the one white tourist walking outside.
2. That shows I'm prepared to fuck you up if you try me.
3. That doesn't look ghetto so as any leo's don't get the wrong idea by looking at me.

It really is at this point now.

Edit#3: So the situation down herenin downtown Atlanta, has gotten to where the trash has moved into the city to roll people. There is no leo presence. Period.

I've always carried under the threat of something going south.

That something is now a certain and carrying a concealed 20 rd while blending in isn't going to cut it.

Hence the need to start slinging a long gun and a sidearm. So with that in mind, talk to me.
View Quote

QFP
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 2:44:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I prefer to wear booty shorts, I feel they send the right message.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/428894/BEAF4106-658E-42F8-887B-6F92BC4076B5_png-1369146.JPG
View Quote

Good point.   Dress like This OP.      
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 2:53:24 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm gonna try to give a serious answer.

1st I figure you're joking about a rifle. If it's time to open carry a rifle it's time to be moving from cover to cover with friends. Otherwise you might scare some folks away, but then again you could just get domed.

2. Good flexible clothes that allow movement and don't scream money. Second hand fatigue pants, wrangler relaxed fit jeans, baggy shirt that can hide a near full sized pistol and reload.

3. shoes you can run in and fight in.

4. I'd look for a secondary weapon that can be easily accessed with your weak side arm. Fixed blade knife, kubaton or tac light. And practice with it, and practice unconventional draws.

5. concealable armor if you can get away with it.

6. head on a swivel/situational awareness is your number one tool.

Link Posted: 4/16/2020 2:56:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 3:15:55 AM EDT
[#21]

Whats wrong with a trash bag?

Link Posted: 4/16/2020 3:54:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

How so?? you want attention.. You want people to see you and think "oh dont fuck with that guy"... Your entire idea is stupid.. You dont need special shit to blend in with concrete and asphalt either, your a human being on two legs... Your not gonna blend in to the back ground in the city.. Plus, if your the only white guy on your block your gonna stand out and be a target no matter what you have.. Again this whole thread is nothing more then you wanting advice on how to draw attention to you self on the false premise that the locals are gonna see your fancy new outfit and quake in there boots... Its comical..

View Quote
Jesus Christ, it's fucking "you're"!! "Their boots" and "it's comical"!! How fucking hard is 2nd grade grammar?!? I understand this isn't a formal setting, but have mercy. You're not even able to get your point across because we can't even take you seriously with all those grammatical errors.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 4:06:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Track suit for the win.....

Link Posted: 4/16/2020 4:25:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Based on Op's criteria, here is the perfect outfit:
Uh, looks like there is only one place to conceal that Webley .....  

https://flashbak.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/zardoz-2.jpg
View Quote

Zardoz!
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 4:42:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I don't know what's happening in other cities but, it's always been said if the shit did kick off, it would be in the cities.

It's looking like it is here.

Also I've been here 20 years. So when something changes drastically enough for me to post on GD about it well..there it is.
View Quote

What has changed drastically in Atlanta?
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 4:52:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

What has changed drastically in Atlanta?
View Quote

Blatant gangs robbing people in broad day light.Nothing to deter them.

Zero police presence.

Another week and there will be looting.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 5:17:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Blatant gangs robbing people in broad daylight. Nothing to deter them.
Zero police presence.
View Quote

Sounds like every other day.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 5:31:23 AM EDT
[#28]
We have been into down town ATL a few times this week. It is pretty much the same as it ever was. Plenty of police, plenty of homeless. Plenty of people out walking. Less vehicle traffic and more stores closed down were the only noticeable differences. I carried a P320 X-Compact, 15+1 with two 20 round back up mags. I was carrying plenty. No need to go all out and rock a rifle. I was down by UG Atlanta and the court house area too which is known to be a little sporty. It was boring though.

There are a fuck ton of agencies and armed security in the down town area of Atlanta. City, MARTA, SO, Congress center, GSU, GA Tech, GA State Patrol, Uniformed Fed, and a bunch of armed security around the Omni and CNN areas. That's just what I can name off the top of my head, I'm sure I am forgetting a few. I'm not sure I believe groups are running around robbing people.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 5:46:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Grey camo clothing. You'll not look like a white tourist and you will stand apart from the ghetto goblins appearance wise.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 6:28:38 AM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

Awesome...
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 6:40:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 6:53:57 AM EDT
[#32]
BG's dont care what you wear, situational awareness in a clown outfit is better than blue jeans and tee shirt with your head in the clouds.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 7:47:23 AM EDT
[#33]
And here i sit bored as hell. Sounds like i need to go ride through downtown
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 8:20:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Define "getting real."

Did you leave your gate open and someone turned around at the end of your driveway?
Or something not as traumatic as that?
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 8:26:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Blatant gangs robbing people in broad daylight. Nothing to deter them.
Zero police presence.

Yeah, no shit.

If something that bad is happening in your AO, a smart man will figure out somewhere else to be. Unless his entire reason for being there is to ‘swap lead with baddies’. In which case; leave your good stuff with trusted friends, that way when your corpse is looted by your adversaries, they don’t get your top of the line gear.

Not that you’ll be needing it anymore, but still...
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 8:27:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

As someone from the DC ghetto area you're going to get tuned up walking around looking like a cop once people realize you're not.

Best survival method is to not look like LEO or another gang. Work wear is the way to go in my experiences.
View Quote

This guy gets it.....Even during the height of the crack wars in DC I never even heard tell of any construction workers getting robbed. It's like men wearing work clothes were kryptonite to the gobblins.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 9:38:46 AM EDT
[#37]
What part of downtown ATL are you trying to blend into? Northside or L5P maybe a prominent man bun and the biggest ear gauges that will fit. Moreland Ave? buckle your belt around your knees and your best hoodie. Midtown? Break out your assless chaps and best makeup.

Up here in North Fulton I just drive last year's Mercedes instead of the new one when making a TP run, and all the hooligans think I'm just the gardener and leave me alone.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 10:19:33 AM EDT
[#39]
just get some face tattoos.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 5:35:24 PM EDT
[#40]
I was actually just trying to find camo that blends well with concrete and asphalt.

@RedForeman
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 6:32:47 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

here you go

Link Posted: 4/16/2020 6:47:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 7:04:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Look up Operation Eagle Claw and the camouflage that was used by the participants.

Follow their lead.
View Quote

Green field jackets, blue jeans and boots, right?

Probably lots of scruffy beards to blend in downtown Tehran.

Link Posted: 4/16/2020 7:10:23 PM EDT
[#44]
The blue collar look suits me.

Dickies shirt, blue jeans, and work boots.

Around here most blue collar guys are carrying and will shoot you in the face if you fuck with them. That works for me and doesn't stand out.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 7:29:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I was actually just trying to find camo that blends well with concrete and asphalt.

@RedForeman
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

@RedForeman

That is what I thought, but then the thread went, somewhere, and I figured I must have been mistaken.

Quoted:
Somewhere I have old military urban camo, kind of like this. I must have had it for 20 plus years. Might need to bust it out.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/612wMi8veLL._AC_SX522_.jpg

Closest pic I could find, but mine has more black and white, and less earthtone.

https://www.choicepaintballguns.com/urban-street-camo-military-uniform
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 7:46:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Urban camo?

Carhartt pants and jacket, a metal clipboard, and a sense of purpose. Add a well worn tool bag if you want to take it to the next level.

That ensemble will get you through almost any door or through almost any crowd.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 7:56:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I'm gonna try to give a serious answer.

1st I figure you're joking about a rifle. If it's time to open carry a rifle it's time to be moving from cover to cover with friends. Otherwise you might scare some folks away, but then again you could just get domed.

2. Good flexible clothes that allow movement and don't scream money. Second hand fatigue pants, wrangler relaxed fit jeans, baggy shirt that can hide a near full sized pistol and reload.

3. shoes you can run in and fight in.

4. I'd look for a secondary weapon that can be easily accessed with your weak side arm. Fixed blade knife, kubaton or tac light. And practice with it, and practice unconventional draws.

5. concealable armor if you can get away with it.

6. head on a swivel/situational awareness is your number one tool.

View Quote

This is the way.

My clothing doesn't change. Baggy cargos, loose button up over a t-shirt and a Glock 35, 20, or 1911.  Spare mags in the pockets. Karambit on the right front, auto or flipper or assisted knife back left pocket.

Dress loose, hide your stuff under your clothes, don't worry about the rifle.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 8:02:00 PM EDT
[#48]
A Look at The US Military's Experimental Urban Camouflage Patterns | Uniform History
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 8:25:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Jeans, t shirt, tennis shoes/work boots/hiking boots, and a relaxed of surroundings. It served me just fine from Idaho farmland through East coast urban settings. I spent a few years as a white guy in a white car with Idaho license plates and an MLK-side apartment in Baltimore.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 8:26:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Why wouldn't you wear what you normally wear?
View Quote

This right here.

ETA: screw it, wear a hazmat suit and a gas mask.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top