Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/7/2017 11:22:23 PM EDT
but John Wick was so much better.

And before the regulars come in here and call both movies mindless stupid shoot ‘em up weak plot film garbage, I recognize them both for what they aren’t.

But what the first film has is style and a fantastic cast. Willem Dafoe and Michael Nyqvist both kill it in this movie. With a pretty decent score and soundtrack and crisp visuals, I mean, how could it not have become an instant cult classic? Plus, we get to see slimey Theon Grayjoy get offed.

John Wick 2 had virtually become a caricature of the universe it created by the end of the second film. I’m really hoping that 3 takes a different approach while still preserving the style and gunplay we have enjoyed throughout the series.
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 11:25:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I like the first one.

I turned #2 off halfway thru when the women non chalantly commits suicide in a bath.
it was stupid before that tho.  The CinemaSins of it is hilarious.
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 11:31:20 PM EDT
[#2]
But it was...
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 11:32:56 PM EDT
[#3]
A fucking dog.

I don't know if I could rampage over a dog, especially a dog I had owned for a week.
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 11:35:17 PM EDT
[#4]
The entire hit man hotel safe space from the first one was so I completely lost interest.
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 11:38:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I liked one

Two was disappointing
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 11:39:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I totally agree, they just had to show him kill 3 guys with a pencil.
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 11:40:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Two was trying too hard. That said I still enjoyed it, but certainly not as much as the original. I'll be in theaters opening day for 3 or any other sequels.
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 11:41:10 PM EDT
[#8]
They are both totally fake ...
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 11:42:56 PM EDT
[#9]
That's the problem with ridiculously over the top movies like John Wick, Fast and Furious, Boondock Saints, etc. When it comes time to do a sequel the only direction left to go is full retard.
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 11:43:20 PM EDT
[#10]
You're right. Will there be a 3?
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 11:44:52 PM EDT
[#11]
It was entertaining, but you are right, JW 1 was much better.
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 11:45:05 PM EDT
[#12]
You guys find enjoyment in anything besides finding stupid shit to bitch about?

The John Wick franchise is easily the best contribution to cinematic gunplay in the last decade. How anyone could be so incensed to be compelled to shut it off mid viewing is beyond me.
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 11:45:09 PM EDT
[#13]
"suspension of disbelief
phrase

a willingness to suspend one's critical faculties and believe the unbelievable; sacrifice of realism and logic for the sake of enjoyment"

The inability of some to just go with things, the inability to not pick movies apart at every opportunity, is why some just can't sit back and have and hour and a half, or two, of fun.

I like 1 better, but enjoyed 2 also.
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 11:47:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Just gotta shut your brain off and enjoy!

I did this a while back.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 11:51:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Keanu is a terrible actor.  However, his obvious tactical movie training makes this type of action movie pretty cool.  He handles the weapons well and performs the fight scenes well.
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 11:52:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A fucking dog.

I don't know if I could rampage over a dog, especially a dog I had owned for a week.
View Quote

It was more than just a fucking dog.

They stole his car too.
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 11:54:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Dat P30 doe
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 11:58:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I liked one

Two was disappointing
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 12:00:39 AM EDT
[#19]
I enjoyed uno over dos,  they both entertained me and I have watched them both a few times.

I watched the new transformers and they left that one open for another movie as well.

babba janga 
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 12:02:44 AM EDT
[#20]
The first one was a brainless shoot-em-up, which isn't necessarily bad.  It did, at least, have a fun twist as to *why* he was doing it.

The second felt more like "Hey, the first one made some money, let's make a second one.  Nah, we don't need to spend so much time on the plot this time."
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 12:04:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The John Wick franchise is easily the best contribution to cinematic gunplay in the last decade.
View Quote
You are absolutely, 100% correct.  But it's still not saying much.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 12:04:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
They are both totally fake ...
View Quote
This.

I thought both of them were terrible.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 12:05:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Honestly I didn't all that much for either of them. I mean the shooting/action was entertaining, but the plots and acting sucked...  
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 12:06:20 AM EDT
[#24]
the first one was a lot of fun. the story in the second one was significantly weaker, and the action scenes felt like a well practiced 3gun stage
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 12:06:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Meh, Street Kings is better.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 12:07:28 AM EDT
[#26]
john wick 2 put me to sleep

no lie
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 12:09:42 AM EDT
[#27]
,,,,a fucking pencil.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 12:11:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
That's the problem with ridiculously over the top movies like John Wick, Fast and Furious, Boondock Saints, etc. When it comes time to do a sequel the only direction left to go is full retard.
View Quote
This.

Two was so good but completely jumped the fucking shark at the end. 9,000 assassins simultaneously  stop what they are doing as sleeper cells and stare him down. From children to geezers. *eye roll*

Kill 10 home invaders with knifes and good gunplay is cool enough.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 12:12:47 AM EDT
[#29]
I really enjoyed them both, but agree that the first one was waaaaaaay better.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 12:14:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Like a John Woo film 
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 12:14:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Before it came out there was rumors that the second movie would be a prequel, and I was really hoping for that. I loved the old Russian guy and was hoping to see him back and obviously wanted to see the pencil scene.

“Oh.” Click.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 12:17:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
You guys find enjoyment in anything besides finding stupid shit to bitch about?

The John Wick franchise is easily the best contribution to cinematic gunplay in the last decade. How anyone could be so incensed to be compelled to shut it off mid viewing is beyond me.
View Quote
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              This!
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 12:17:40 AM EDT
[#33]
I'm glad it wasn't a prequel. I think the pencil scene is better left to the imagination.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 12:18:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 12:19:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Two was trying too hard. That said I still enjoyed it, but certainly not as much as the original. I'll be in theaters opening day for 3 or any other sequels.
View Quote
Two was a little over the top on the gunplay, plot was weaker too.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 12:23:48 AM EDT
[#36]
I liked them both, but the first was better.

The problem with the second movie is that it just builds upon the hokey "hitman gentlemen's agreement culture" that was the weakest part of the first movie. The first movie should have written the amnesty hotel out of the plot. The second movie made it the central plot device.

And bulletproof designer suits are pretty hokey too.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 12:25:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'm glad it wasn't a prequel. I think the pencil scene is better left to the imagination.
View Quote
Idk man I think it would be fun to see. Also would have been cool to see the russian again. I really liked his character.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 12:25:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Liked them both.

Like the dog too.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 12:28:26 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Keanu is a terrible actor.  However, his obvious tactical movie training makes this type of action movie pretty cool.  He handles the weapons well and performs the fight scenes well.
View Quote
Yes__________________I________________________think_______________________________he________________________________does.    I_________________________had__________________a________________hard__________________time___________________following_______________________the_____________________plot.    
Especially_______________________when_______________________________the______________________main________________________________character_____________________talks____________________________at________________________this____________________________________pace.

No______________________________business________________________on_________________________company_____________________________grounds.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 12:29:20 AM EDT
[#40]
Baba Yaga

Someone had to say it.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 12:29:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
,,,,a fucking pencil.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 12:30:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
but John Wick was so much better.

And before the regulars come in here and call both movies mindless stupid shoot ‘em up weak plot film garbage, I recognize them both for what they aren’t.

But what the first film has is style and a fantastic cast. Willem Dafoe and Michael Nyqvist both kill it in this movie. With a pretty decent score and soundtrack and crisp visuals, I mean, how could it not have become an instant cult classic? Plus, we get to see slimey Theon Grayjoy get offed.

John Wick 2 had virtually become a caricature of the universe it created by the end of the second film. I’m really hoping that 3 takes a different approach while still preserving the style and gunplay we have enjoyed throughout the series.
View Quote

You are exactly right.  I have seen the first one three times and will watch it again.  I have no desire to watch the second one again.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 12:30:59 AM EDT
[#43]
Shit I totally forgot about that part!
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 12:31:14 AM EDT
[#44]
The only thing I enjoyed about John wick 2 was Keanu's gunplay.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 12:32:33 AM EDT
[#45]
Both were great, but I think I like the second one better.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 12:32:40 AM EDT
[#46]
I'm hoping it was the "Temple of Doom" for this franchise.

Entertaining at the time, but the weakest of the trilogy.

I shoot my shotgun alot, and while he had some cool reloads, even I said Fuck the Benelli.  Take more mags for the AR!  
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 12:32:50 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
A fucking pencil!
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 12:39:41 AM EDT
[#48]
I agree OP.

Maybe I'm not remembering the first correctly, but the second one was just looked like he was running a USPSA course that happened to have people as targets.
Same with the fighting. I don't think he missed a single shot in the 2nd one.

Heat was a great movie that was technically well done wrt the firearms usage, explosives, etc. JW2 is a bad movie obsessed with meticulously staged gun play and fighting
that winds up just looking weird. Maybe that's just a stylistic choice because it comes from a comic, but I think Keanu and Taran Butler geeked out too hard.

Compare

Aimbot john wick
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 12:45:23 AM EDT
[#49]
You motherfuckers need Jesus... to pay attention to the little details.  

Remember the security guard at the airport letting Wick in...driving his Boss 429?

Here is a pic of the guard:

He is reading a book called "Shibumi"

Here is Amazon's synopsis of the book:

...Nicholai Hel is the world’s most wanted man. Born in Shanghai during the chaos of World War I, he is the son of an aristocratic Russian mother and a mysterious German father and is the protégé of a Japanese Go master. Hel survived the destruction of Hiroshima to emerge as the world’s most artful lover and its most accomplished—and well-paid—assassin. Hel is a genius, a mystic, and a master of language and culture, and his secret is his determination to attain a rare kind of personal excellence, a state of effortless perfection known only as shibumi.  

Now living in an isolated mountain fortress with his exquisite mistress, Hel is unwillingly drawn back into the life he’d tried to leave behind when a beautiful young stranger arrives at his door, seeking help and refuge. It soon becomes clear that Hel is being tracked by his most sinister enemy—a supermonolith of international espionage known only as the Mother Company. The battle lines are drawn: ruthless power and corruption on one side, and on the other . . .shibumi....
View Quote
and here is my original thread on it:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/What-s-the-airport-security-guard-reading-in-John-Wick--part-1--/5-1971254/

So I would definitely say there is going to be a sequel/three-quel.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 12:51:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
A fucking pencil!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A fucking pencil!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top