Site Notices
Page / 80
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 12:49:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Like live in a decent suburb?
View Quote
She's downstate. My nephew did all of the extras, band, hockey, baseball. lots of travel sports.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 12:50:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Well when you can't grow anything needing shaving, you don't shave.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And no. Gillette Mach 5 or whatever and the Harry's stuff is all I use
I use Harry's stuff.
I don't shave
Well when you can't grow anything needing shaving, you don't shave.
Lulz
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 12:53:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
She's downstate. My nephew did all of the extras, band, hockey, baseball. lots of travel sports.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rural school districts need to be consolidated here in IL. They could have decent programs, but too many of the small rural schools won't because of generational school/town rivalries. The high school near the farm usually has a football team with 12-15 kids on it. They have to play both sides of the ball just to take the field.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 12:53:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
All those states down there are the same.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yet again I’m forced to do things without electricity
One would think that's normal in Mississippi.
Alabama....that’s Alabama you’re thinking of
All those states down there are the same.
Florida is a whole nuther level of hillbilly redneck.  We can only aspire to be as great.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 12:54:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
And that's why you look like Gimli.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And no. Gillette Mach 5 or whatever and the Harry’s stuff is all I use
I use Harry’s stuff.
I don’t shave
And that's why you look like Gimli.
I trimmed it before the holidays, about half of what it was.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:01:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:01:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:03:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:10:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:13:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:14:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:15:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Crazy, isn't it? I remember the first time I flew out of here in the winter and being blown away at how many there were.  
View Quote
There were a lot of games going on too.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:16:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Big enough deal that our high school hockey tournament consistently sells out an 18,000+ seat NHL arena, and has for decades.  It's easier getting NHL playoff tickets here than it is to get high school championship game seats.

I don't remember the exact quote, but someone once asked Herb Brooks after the '80 Olympic team beat the Soviets if he ever thought he'd be able to do something more noteworthy and memorable in his career than that game and going on to win a gold medal.  He said something about that being great, but that his most important milestone in hockey was winning the state tournament
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:17:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone use a philips one blade shaver?
Ok so I seriously thought you were going to say a Philip’s one blade screwdriver and I was like... uh
Feather brand DE blade in my Mercur holder. Blades cost about 35 cents each.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:22:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:45:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:48:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Friend owned a maker space. He said the first things people want to make with a 3d printer are:
  • sex toys
  • weapons
  • drug paraphernalia
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:50:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Friend owned a maker space. He said the first things people want to make with a 3d printer are:
  • sex toys
  • weapons
  • drug paraphernalia
View All Quotes
Quoted:
  • sex toys
  • weapons
  • drug paraphernalia
I'm 2/3
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:51:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I'm 2/3
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:54:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:55:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
  • sex toys
  • weapons
  • drug paraphernalia
View All Quotes
Quoted:
  • sex toys
  • weapons
  • drug paraphernalia
I feel like plastic isn't the best material for making smoking materials.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:56:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:59:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Kipping burpees
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 2:04:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
Neither are random chinese chemicals but vaping is pretty popular.

Link Posted: 1/18/2020 2:09:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/18/2020 2:40:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
I trust his reports - the harm reduction folks used to do drug testing at his place for free
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 2:41:03 PM EDT
[#28]
some people can't suck R2D2's dick, so they vape
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 2:42:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Rural school districts need to be consolidated here in IL. They could have decent programs, but too many of the small rural schools won't because of generational school/town rivalries. The high school near the farm usually has a football team with 12-15 kids on it. They have to play both sides of the ball just to take the field.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My school district consolidated when I was in grade school. All the kids got along but the parents where still cunts about it sometimes. If your life's pride is seeing your kid wear the same high school football jersey as you..... Well youre just pathetic.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 2:45:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

My school district consolidated when I was in grade school. All the kids got along but the parents where still cunts about it sometimes. If your life's pride is seeing your kid wear the same high school football jersey as you..... Well youre just pathetic.
View Quote
Kids are awesome
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 2:46:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
There are adults near the farm that won't shop in the next town over or eat at their restaurants because of that silly rivalry. It defies logic.

I think those same people also vote democrat.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 2:47:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Did you get your truck fixed or is it still sitting in the middle of the intersection that it died in last night?
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 2:55:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Kids are awesome
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kids are awesome
Kinda meh on that
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 2:56:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
There are adults near the farm that won't shop in the next town over or eat at their restaurants because of that silly rivalry. It defies logic.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I fucking can't stand people like that
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 2:58:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Did you get your truck fixed or is it still sitting in the middle of the intersection that it died in last night?
View Quote
Crankshaft position sensor went out and they need to drop the transmission to get to it. So that's....great.

I was in another truck all night. (Midnight to noon)

It's fucking windy
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 3:01:31 PM EDT
[#36]
That's a long day.

Hope the back up truck was better.

Think Imma going to pack up so the boy and I can hit the range. Need to make sure the g17 that I just took the SSM and dot off of shoots straight after putting the rear sight back on it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 3:02:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 3:03:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 3:08:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
That's a long day.

Hope the back up truck was better.

Think Imma going to pack up so the boy and I can hit the range. Need to make sure the g17 that I just took the SSM and dot off of shoots straight after putting the rear sight back on it.
View Quote
Neat.

It's nice enough to shoot there?

Oh wait... Indoor range?
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 3:09:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Preach, Brother Ralph.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Preach, Brother Ralph.
I'm just having everyone right now. Fucking people.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 3:10:17 PM EDT
[#41]
I saw a red Ford ranger upside down and backwards in a ditch this morning. Anyone heard from Turbo?
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 3:13:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
My left shoulder froze a couple years ago. After some work and some steroids I have some range of motion back

My right shoulder is freezing up now
View Quote
Less than ideal
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 3:16:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
What’s interesting is most of these kids don’t go on to a higher level.  All the time, effort, and money, parents lives revolving around sports for 8-10 years per child, arguing, bickering, string pulling...graduate high school and its game over.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Same as Naamah said.  If you don’t play one sport year round here, it’s a slim chance you get to play for the school team.  They are grooming these teams from way early on in rec ball.  6-7 years ago, I knew of some 10ish year olds running no huddle offense in travel football.
And that's almost unheard of around here with hockey.  Even our top-end teams which regularly crank out kids to D1 programs are almost never made up of single-sport athletes.

Interesting.
What’s interesting is most of these kids don’t go on to a higher level.  All the time, effort, and money, parents lives revolving around sports for 8-10 years per child, arguing, bickering, string pulling...graduate high school and its game over.
Yep. And most of them are so burnt out on it by then that they want nothing to do with it ever again. Sad, really.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 3:36:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Imp showed Bo today. Did really well. So well, in fact, that he was asked by someone else to show another dog. He earned $10 for his help.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 3:37:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Less than ideal
View Quote
I am not a fan of this
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 3:37:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Imp showed Bo today. Did really well. So well, in fact, that he was asked by someone else to show another dog. He earned $10 for his help.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 3:40:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 3:43:07 PM EDT
[#48]
In on 69 dude.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 3:45:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
Neat.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 3:49:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Yep. And most of them are so burnt out on it by then that they want nothing to do with it ever again. Sad, really.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Same as Naamah said.  If you don’t play one sport year round here, it’s a slim chance you get to play for the school team.  They are grooming these teams from way early on in rec ball.  6-7 years ago, I knew of some 10ish year olds running no huddle offense in travel football.
And that's almost unheard of around here with hockey.  Even our top-end teams which regularly crank out kids to D1 programs are almost never made up of single-sport athletes.

Interesting.
You are correct.
Page / 80
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top