Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 1:07:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm a new hire, exceeding the standard set for multi-year employees.

But it's a temporary, shit job to make ends meet for a bit.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 1:10:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I got like, $12kish. Bonus goes up the same percentage.

Pretty decent raise.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 1:25:28 PM EDT
[#3]
The morons I work for destroyed our company and are making us pay for it. No raises this year, hiring freeze, budget cuts, etc. All because they screwed up everything.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 1:30:54 PM EDT
[#4]
They haven't fired me yet. I'm not expecting much of a bonus this year since they laid off a ton of people
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 2:04:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Just got mine last week. 7%. Not bad, but the previous two years have been around 9%. I got a little burnt out this summer, after I was pretty much left to run my department singlehandedly for a few months. Once I got more people, I just needed a little break and put in my minimum 40 every week until I recovered. I'm back to doing some OT now, but at least I can level load it with the others.

Oh well, I'm gone before the year is over anyways.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 2:08:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got like, $12kish. Bonus goes up the same percentage.

Pretty decent raise.
View Quote

Can I borrow some money?
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 2:28:39 PM EDT
[#7]
They don't do performance reviews where I work, unless you screw up enough to get a DOC (documentation of counseling). That also means raises are rarely given out.

Yes, I work a shit job for shit wages. But I don't know how to do anything else, so it is what it is.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 4:06:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
They don't do performance reviews where I work, unless you screw up enough to get a DOC (documentation of counseling). That also means raises are rarely given out.

Yes, I work a shit job for shit wages. But I don't know how to do anything else, so it is what it is.
View Quote

Dang, dude. Sounds like you’ve got yourself convinced that a complacent life is what you deserve. I’m not judging, I just don’t like to hear that you don’t think you can learn to do anything else and have to settle for a “shit job for shit wages.”
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 4:17:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

What do you do?

I didn't know how to do my current job, but the company gave me a chance.  I made it work and that was 17 years ago.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 4:19:14 PM EDT
[#10]
My reviews have two options.  Meets Minimum requirements or Does Not Meet Minimum requirements.   It’s very inspiring.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 4:22:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Anything less than inflation is a pay cut.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 4:24:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Primary day job.  No reviews,  no raises.

2nd job: reviews annually.  Usually 7.75% raise.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 4:40:30 PM EDT
[#13]
1st round of layoffs just occurred.  Probably not the last.
People redistributed to other depts.  Future orders trending down.

And we won't know about any raise until April.

But if I get a measly 3%.....

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/4/2023 7:01:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

What do you do?

I didn't know how to do my current job, but the company gave me a chance.  I made it work and that was 17 years ago.
View Quote

I drive a forklift. We have a few different types there.

One is a sit-down machine that has forks (like a standard forklift)
One is a stand-up machine that has forks:

One is a stand-up machine that has clamps:
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 7:29:10 PM EDT
[#15]
“Mr. Jarhead7011 has been an outstanding retiree and will receive a boost to his pension, SS, and VA comp”
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 8:03:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm a new hire, exceeding the standard set for multi-year employees.
View Quote

Is this a place with a union, by chance?

It sometimes takes many years to master the inefficiency union workers are truly capable of.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 8:08:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
“Mr. Jarhead7011 has been an outstanding retiree and will receive a boost to his pension, SS, and VA comp”
View Quote

Good enough for government work
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 8:13:09 PM EDT
[#18]
5% raise on 141k a year.

So like 7k, not bad.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 8:15:10 PM EDT
[#19]
There’s really no point in doing them for me since my salary is capped si I haven’t had one for a couple of years now.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 8:20:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Just like every other arfcommer I got an 87% raise and $87k quarterly bonus.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 8:37:24 PM EDT
[#21]
They told me if I stick around until February I'll get a $0.25/hr raise. They also told me that sales in my department have increased 25% since I started last month.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 8:45:03 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm self employed and my performance sucked this year but I'm still giving myself a 10% raise in january
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 9:03:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Going thru it at the U.  It’s a joke and always has been.  I might see 3% but I’m not betting on it.  The legislature hates us.  HR hates us more.   It’s a waste of everyone’s time.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top