Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 2:09:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 2:16:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did I make it in before someone claims to have had a rocket firing Boba Fett action figure as a kid?
View Quote

the short 2.5" or whatever figures shot spring loaded rockets, and the 12" one had a grappling hook type rocket IIRC.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 2:40:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
And his cousin:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
And his cousin:

On a sadder note, pizza the hut, famed half-man, half-pizza, was found dead earlier today in the back seat of his stretched limo. Evidently, the notorious gangster became locked in his car and ate himself to death.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 2:48:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Jaba was never a human. He's a character in a story. Now go outside and say hello to the sun.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 2:48:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Who remembers the PSA's!  

Link Posted: 10/9/2016 3:08:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I watched that once. Biggest waste of two hours in my life.
View All Quotes

My wife still gives me grief for watching it with her in the house.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 3:24:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Imma blow your minds: there was a whole Biggs subplot that got cut from the original Star Wars movie too. All that remains is a couple mentions in more crucial scenes, and they show him in the Death Star attack.

I had a kids SW storybook when the movie came out and they showed stills from the movie, one of them has Biggs in there talking to Luke on Tatooine.
View Quote

I had the same book, they were scanning the sky & saw Leia's ship, I think Biggs tells Luke he is joining the Rebellion. I also recall seeing the Irish Jabba sequence on some TV show in the 80s.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 3:28:43 PM EDT
[#10]
that's all right the huts are suppose to be covered with fur & jabba's was suppose to have fallen out from his SPICE habit, but that seems to have disappeared all the huts are now bald.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 3:34:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I had the same book, they were scanning the sky & saw Leia's ship, I think Biggs tells Luke he is joining the Rebellion. I also recall seeing the Irish Jabba sequence on some TV show in the 80s.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Imma blow your minds: there was a whole Biggs subplot that got cut from the original Star Wars movie too. All that remains is a couple mentions in more crucial scenes, and they show him in the Death Star attack.

I had a kids SW storybook when the movie came out and they showed stills from the movie, one of them has Biggs in there talking to Luke on Tatooine.

Yep! That was the one!
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 3:49:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

the short 2.5" or whatever figures shot spring loaded rockets, and the 12" one had a grappling hook type rocket IIRC.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did I make it in before someone claims to have had a rocket firing Boba Fett action figure as a kid?

No, the 3.75 inch Kenner Boba Fett was never sold with a rocket that actually fired.  People still insist they had one but no one in the history of forever still has it.  They never made it past the prototype stage.  The ones that were sold had the rocket glued in place with no firing mechanism.  The prototypes saved by Kenner employees that actually fired the rocket go for thousands of dollars when they come on the market.

The 12 inch figure had a grappling hook that was an accessory that didn't shoot either.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 3:55:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

No, the 3.75 inch Kenner Boba Fett was never sold with a rocket that actually fired.  People still insist they had one but no one in the history of forever still has it.  They never made it past the prototype stage.  The ones that were sold had the rocket glued in place with no firing mechanism.  The prototypes saved by Kenner employees that actually fired the rocket go for thousands of dollars when they come on the market.

The 12 inch figure had a grappling hook that was an accessory that didn't shoot either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They did make those - IIRC as a mail order version. Same or similar time frame. I didn't have that one.

I had the 12 inch figure, I know it didn't shoot. You pulled it out from the backpack.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 3:58:55 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think people mix up the other toy around the same time that had a firing rocket like that.  The toy Battlestar Galactica Viber fighters had a little spring loaded blunt dart that came out the nose (not where the weapons are on the show) and the button nearby.

Those were later kept trapped instead of flying out because some kid stuck the whole front in his mouth and hit the button (firing the rocket down his throat.)

That DID happen, but the same rumor went around about Boba Fett.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 4:01:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Hmm I've got the original trilogy on vhs and they are a lot older than 1997 does that mean they are theatrical versions?
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 4:19:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Biggs scenes are in this vid.

Link Posted: 10/9/2016 4:22:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Hmm I've got the original trilogy on vhs and they are a lot older than 1997 does that mean they are theatrical versions?
View Quote

If you want to get technical, they probably have the "A New Hope" addition to the first movie. So, no.

Otherwise, yeah. They won't have all the CGI crap and additional scenes Lucass added in.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 4:34:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm 33 and was a huge Star Wars fan as a kid and this is new information to me.  Makes the "wonderful human being" comment make more sense.
View Quote

Man, I busted my kid brother outta school so we could see Star Wars on it's opening day and I don't ever remember hearing this, thanks OP!
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 5:19:51 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

https://youtu.be/f00IkrWvur4
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

https://youtu.be/f00IkrWvur4
Biggs looks like one of my brothers-in-law when he was young.

Also, Koo Stark at 2:18!
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 5:29:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
They did make those - IIRC as a mail order version. Same or similar time frame. I didn't have that one.

I had the 12 inch figure, I know it didn't shoot. You pulled it out from the backpack.
View Quote

The mail order never happened.  The only ones produced had the rocket glued in.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 7:53:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mail order ones exist...
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 7:57:24 PM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 10/10/2016 12:48:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Mail order ones exist...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mail order ones exist...

I'm willing to bet a new BCM upper receiver that no rocket firing Boba Fett action figures were ever produced and shipped.  They exist as prototypes only.  Care to take that bet?

The rocket firing Boba Fett is the Mattel M16 of the action figure collecting world.

Just to clarify, the Boba Fett action figure was made, not the version with the rocket that fired via a spring mechanism.  That's what confuses people.  The figure was made but it did not have arocket that fired.  It was glued in place.  I have several of those in my collection.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 12:58:59 PM EDT
[#24]
WRONG.

Jabba the Hutt never appeared in Star Wars (Episode IV:New Hope, or whatever they call it these days).  Yes, there is footage of Han talking to a human Jabba at Mos Eisley space port, but it was absolutely not in the original theatrical release. Nor was the CGI'ed space slug version of that scene.

Source:  Me.  I saw the movie at least a dozen times in the theaters in 1977.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 1:02:16 PM EDT
[#25]
News to me. Interesting

Then again I am not a Star Wars dork so I have no angst at you posting this info
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 1:05:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Jabba was never in the original cut of the movie, that deleted scene was added to the special edition where the Scottish dude was replaced by cgi Jabba.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 1:10:10 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm 43, love Star Wars and had no idea.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 1:15:35 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I remember it a little. I was 5. Haven't seen it since then, but I'm sure i liked it.
View All Quotes

Your brain will probably melt if you try to watch it now.

Link Posted: 10/10/2016 1:18:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Praise his name.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I enjoy the original trilogy in 1080p thanks to Harmy's Despecialized Edition!!

Praise his name.

Amen.

My kids have only seen the Harmy editions of the original trilogy.  I will shield them from the prequels for as long as I can.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 1:19:28 PM EDT
[#31]
What about Habba the Slut?
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 1:49:28 PM EDT
[#32]
There are some really good documentaries about the making of the original trilogy on Vimeo,

They are free to watch on Vimeo and listed under Filmumentaries by Jamie Benning,

Star Wars Begins
Building Empire
Returning To Jedi

They also have some on Indiana Jones and Jaws, but I havn't seen them yet.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top