Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 1:06:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

You use the same little idioms that everyone else does when they rationalize voting for a shitty candidate.  Maybe you all should stop willingly voting for shitheads and start throwing your votes behind the good candidates.  Getting Obama out of office isn't paramount when you're going to be replacing him with a rich, white, Mormon Obama (who also appoints liberals to the bench).

ETA: Go ahead, vote for Romney if he's the candidate.  Don't ever call yourself a Second Amendment supporter though.

Yes, getting Obama out of office is paramount.

I see you have a problem with:

Class envy
white people
LDS

Might want to work on that a bit.
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 1:07:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Then would the  GOP PLEASE STOP fielding religious ZEALOTS.
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 1:08:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, Obama ain't such a bad guy.  I guess I'll vote third party.  Anyone who knows how presidential politics works understands what that accomplishes.

Oh, I understand completely. I voted for Perot in '92, and look where that got us.

The reality is that by voting for a candidate, it means we support his platform.

I cannot support a guy who wants to inject personal religion into the public square to the degree that he does.

Not going to cast my vote for an American Taliban candidate just because he is the major alternative to Obama..

I see.  You have a history of throwing away your vote.  I hope you learned a lesson from it, but it appears you didn't at all.

Thanks for the '94 AWB by the way.  That work out exactly as you planned?  
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 1:09:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then would the  GOP PLEASE STOP fielding religious ZEALOTS.

Main stream Catholic beliefs = zealots?

It's funny and sad at the same time.
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 1:11:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jan lost some of my respect today by supporting Rummney .

Right now, I don't care which RINO the worthless republican party throws out there I WILL vote for them over hussein obongo.

Looks like we're in the minority here from the looks of GD they will let the republic burn to prove a point of how superior they are.

Link Posted: 2/26/2012 1:42:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I see.  You have a history of throwing away your vote.  I hope you learned a lesson from it, but it appears you didn't at all.

First you say I never vote Republican..now you say that because I vote for a candidate I like, I am throwing my vote away.

I disagree.

I will not vote for an American taliban just because he is the main opponent to Obama.

We are in this boat because some GOP'ers have been trying to impose litmus and purity tests on their candidates for years now.

So the zealots within the Party have ensured that the front runners in the election are zealots that cannot win an election.

Who is REALLY throwing away their candidate,given that?

Quoted:

Santorums views run closer to Romes conservative version of Catholicism than the more liberal American Catholicism that most Americans espouse.

I think more American Catholics will have an issue with him than you give them credit for.
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 1:58:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

First you say I never vote Republican..now you say that because I vote for a candidate I like, I am throwing my vote away.

I disagree.

I will not vote for an American taliban just because he is the main opponent to Obama.

We are in this boat because some GOP'ers have been trying to impose litmus and purity tests on their candidates for years now.

So the zealots within the Party have ensured that the front runners in the election are zealots that cannot win an election.

Quoted:

Santorums views run closer to Romes conservative version of Catholicism than the more liberal American Catholicism that most Americans espouse.

I think more American Catholics will have an issue with him than you give them credit for.

I've had to start wearing long-sleeved shirts to hide my Pope Benedict XVI tattoo.  You could still see them when I wore my sweater vest.
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 2:00:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree.

Quoted:

"American taliban"?  That is the most rediculous thing I have seen posted in a long long time.  I can see the democratic talking points have worked exactly as intended.  Very sad.
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 2:05:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

"American taliban"?  That is the most rediculous thing I have seen posted in a long long time.  I can see the democratic talking points have worked exactly as intended.  Very sad.

Santorums views are an American version of extreme personal religion being injected into what should be a neutral public arena.
You support him because his views happen to be similar to your own.

Link Posted: 2/26/2012 2:08:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

"American taliban"?  That is the most ridiculous thing I have seen posted in a long long time.  I can see the democratic talking points have worked exactly as intended.  Very sad.

Santorums views are an American version of extreme personal religion being injected into what should be a neutral public arena.

Wow.  I've read everything now.  Spoken like an Obama voter.

You just topped your own ridiculous statement.  I didn't think it could be done.
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 2:12:50 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If it comes down to a Santorum/Obama race , TC556 is an Obama voter, by default.

Link Posted: 2/26/2012 2:13:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You just topped your own ridiculous statement.  I didn't think it could be done.

No, spoken as someone who thinks that religious matters belong on the house &  place of worship, not as campaign platform issues or comments on the campaign speech circuit.

Quoted:

If it comes down to a Santorum/Obama race , TC556 is an Obama voter, by default.  

The GOP needed to worry less about litmus tests and political purity tests for its candidates  and more about finding and cultivating the next Reagan.
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 2:20:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, spoken as someone who thinks that religious matters belong on the house &  place of worship, not as campaign platform issues or comments on the campaign speech circuit.

You do realize that the Santorum clips making the round for the DNC talking points are from years ago, right?  And some were when he was speaking to religious congregations, right?  And all were set up out of context, correct?

It is sad to see someone so brainwashed.  I mourn for this country of ours.

Edit:  Reagan?  He was a religious man.  He would not have lived up to your litmus test.  Leftists hated him as much as you hate Santorum.  Interesting coincidence, huh?  I think not.
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 2:22:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You do realize that the Santorum clips making the round for the DNC talking points are from years ago, right?  And some were when he was speaking to religious congregations, right?  And all were set up out of context, correct?

Are they his beliefs? Yes? Has he recanted his comments? No.
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 2:23:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are they his beliefs? Yes? Has he recanted his comments? No.

They are main stream catholic beliefs.  Why would he recant them?  Are you this dense or just a leftist?  Or are you a Paulbot?
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 2:25:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

They are main stream catholic beliefs.  Why would he recant them?  Are you this dense or just a leftist?

I already covered this in an earlier post.

They are not mainstream American Catholic beliefs. His views are closer to the Popes more conservative stances.

There is a difference, and I think that you'll be surprised at the number of American Catholics who will disagree with Santorum.

Paul is an idiot.
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 2:27:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Can we dispense with the notion that Brewer is a "true patriot" now?

Link Posted: 2/26/2012 2:28:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are main stream catholic beliefs.  Why would he recant them?  Are you this dense or just a leftist?

I already covered this in an earlier post.

They are not mainstream American Catholic beliefs. His views are closer to the Popes more conservative stances.

There is a difference, and I think that you'll be surprised at the number of American Catholics who will disagree with Santorum.

Paul is an idiot.

The part in red tells me you are completely clueless.  Congratulation.

Paul isn't the only one who is an idiot.
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 2:30:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Your post tells me that you believe that American Catholics are a monolithic entity who vote in conformity with what the Pope declares.

That isn't true now anymore than it was when the concern was expressed in the 1960 election.
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 2:35:03 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm really loving my "soon-to-be" Governor from my "soon-to-be" Home state.
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 2:37:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your post tells me that you believe that American Catholics are a monolithic entity who vote in conformity with what the Pope declares.

That isn't true now anymore than it was when the concern was expressed in the 1960 election.

We are discussing Catholic beliefs, not voting patterns  It's obvious you can't focus on the topic at hand because of your religious hate.

Catholic doctrine is Catholic doctrine.  It is one church.  Because some in the US don't choose to follow Catholic doctrine doesn't make some type of "american catholic beliefs" sect exist.  That only occurs in your mind.
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 2:47:49 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The GOP needed to worry less about litmus tests and political purity tests for its candidates  and more about finding and cultivating the next Reagan.

Link Posted: 2/26/2012 2:49:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

We are discussing Catholic beliefs, not voting patterns  It's obvious you can't focus on the topic at hand because of your religious hate.

Catholic doctrine is Catholic doctrine.  It is one church.  Because some in the US don't choose to follow Catholic doctrine doesn't make some type of "american catholic beliefs" sect exist.  That only occurs in your mind.

Are you denying that American Catholicism is a more liberal varient than what is pushed by the Vatican?

I think the term Cafeteria Catholic comes to mind.
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 2:55:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you denying that American Catholicism is a more liberal varient than what is pushed by the Vatican?

I think the term Cafeteria Catholic comes to mind.

So you can't differential between Catholic doctrine and stuff people who call themselves Catholic do.

Gotcha.
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 3:00:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

So you can't differential between Catholic doctrine and stuff people who call themselves Catholic do.

Gotcha.

I can differentiate between what the Vatican says is official policy and how Catholics choose to actually follow that edict.

Like I said, I think you'll find a whole lot of Catholics looking at Santorums ramblings, shaking their heads and not voting for him

Guess we;ll find out in November
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top