Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 12:50:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Hell, most of them can be back to work with the new company that is hired to do their jobs before next week.  Honestly, did Twitter even "fire" the 20, or did the cleaning company under contract do it.  Unless they truly fucked up, I doubt Twitter would "fire" people who were working for someone else.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 12:50:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They should learn to code.
View Quote

Touche'
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 12:52:37 AM EDT
[#3]
LMAO

How did those entitled fucks think that shit would go over?
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 12:54:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 12:54:26 AM EDT
[#5]
So they decided to protest having a job instead of working and now have more time to protest. Winning.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 12:55:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Just hire the Undocumented sanctuary seekers to replace them.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 12:56:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Not even fired, it’d be as if the contract expired and wasn’t renewed.
They just go to their local union office and get referred to a new job.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 12:58:39 AM EDT
[#8]
... stupid games and all that.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 1:01:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Oh yeah, great plan. A known hatchet man, vocally anti-union, hasn't renewed your service contract. But you don't work for him, you work for a contractor. Then your union tells you to go strike in front of the building.
He cuts the contract, no NLRB slap because they are not his employees, and all they can say is, "b-but three weeks before Christmas", and "San Francisco law says you have to clean".

In 2020, Musk laid off 280 unionized janitors and bus drivers contracted with another of his companies, Tesla. Those workers reportedly struggled to pay for basic needs like food, housing and medication, according to Input Magazine.
View Quote

Oh, and he doesn't like janitors.

That plan was going to work out great.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 1:03:22 AM EDT
[#10]
How long until Musk moves Twitter HQ to Austin?
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 1:06:10 AM EDT
[#11]
[bobby fuller]
?I fought the Musk and the Musk won
I fought the Musk and the Musk won
?
[/bobby fuller]
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 1:07:33 AM EDT
[#12]
I guess protesting your job weeks before Christmas is a bad idea.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 1:07:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Good fire.
View Quote
They were holding signs which read " Justice for Janitors ".
 Sounds like Justice was served.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 1:10:26 AM EDT
[#14]
They stopped working and got fired. SHOCKING. SHOCKING I TELL YOU.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 1:12:23 AM EDT
[#15]
It's a blessing in disguise.
Now san francisco can put them to work cleaning the human shit off the sidewalks.
I heard it's a law or something.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 1:12:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Elon is going to melt the left. Have to hand it to him, he has balls and don’t play games.  Love it
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 1:14:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Hell, most of them can be back to work with the new company that is hired to do their jobs before next week.  Honestly, did Twitter even "fire" the 20, or did the cleaning company under contract do it.  Unless they truly fucked up, I doubt Twitter would "fire" people who were working for someone else.
View Quote

Given the previous atmosphere at Twitter, where attendance and actual work were both voluntary, combined with a similar mentality from the Union, I wonder how many people on the payroll actually showed up for work, let alone cleaned anything?
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 1:18:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Their signs say they want justice.  

They got justice.

They got what they wanted, why are they mad?

Another thing, Musk fired actively harmful employees at Twitter.  That is, most of the former Twitter employees.  

Less cleaning is needed after the firings.  Fewer janitors are needed.  This isn't rocket science.

Link Posted: 12/7/2022 1:18:41 AM EDT
[#19]

Its sad honestly. A bunch of hardworking fools lead by someone whose never gotten a calluses in his life.

I fully support their right to strike. Sometimes its the only way you can get management to loosen their wallet, but you also have to be prepared for the consequences
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 1:21:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Local 87

View Quote

Can’t make this shit up.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 1:21:58 AM EDT
[#21]
They are contract employees and do not work for Twitter, but rather the company contracted to do the work.  The terms obviously allowed them to change the staffing levels to meet their need - pretty obvious that with fewer employees working for Twitter, they need fewer janitors.  Their employer should've tried to find them work elsewhere.  If the remainder think Twitter owes them a job and will not do what they've been paid for, then Twitter needs to find a new solution.  I worked for a small pharma company in Lawrence, KS for a while and they had a Bay Area location - scientists who visited that facility told us back in the Midwest that the janitors there were paid better than they were.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 1:23:18 AM EDT
[#22]
He was there at the building, so he saw how clean or not clean it was.
How productive were they?
Empty trash and the hide for the rest of the shift?
Move dirt around and not actually clean the floor?
Because that's the majority of the cleaning contractors out there.

Probably pissed off that his shitter did not get cleaned.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 1:24:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Fuck em
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 1:25:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Good

SEIU is a commie creation of Obamas NLRB appointee.

View Quote

SEIU was founded in the 1920's.
The NLRB was formed in the 1930's.

Link Posted: 12/7/2022 1:29:58 AM EDT
[#25]
so the janitors were not Twitter employees, they work fot a cleaning contractor and Musk reduced how many contractors he needed

then the rest of the employees of the third party contract company picketed Twitter and then Twitter fired the 3rd part contract company?

They went on strike against Twitter but never worked for Twiitter?

that is a whole lot of stupid.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 1:30:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Musk simply needs to put out a memo that he cancelled the contract with the provider IN SOLIDARITY WITH THE JANITORS!!!!!!!  
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 1:36:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Good

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/7/2022 1:36:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 1:39:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Send them back to Guatemala while you’re at it…
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 1:52:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Yeah you forget when you don't spend much time in "mask zones" that there are still people wearing them all the time, and wearing them wrong, wearing odd useless ones. Here in God's toaster oven it's usually old folks, sometimes Hispanic construction guys

Travelling I saw some black folks wearing masks. Some hadblack masks, which I had never seen before.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes from this strike. It's San Francisco..
Yeah you forget when you don't spend much time in "mask zones" that there are still people wearing them all the time, and wearing them wrong, wearing odd useless ones. Here in God's toaster oven it's usually old folks, sometimes Hispanic construction guys

Travelling I saw some black folks wearing masks. Some hadblack masks, which I had never seen before.

I still see people walking alone outside wearing masks, or driving their car alone and wearing a mask.  WTF.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:12:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Janitor union lolz
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:14:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Bad week for the old union brotherhood.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:18:35 AM EDT
[#34]
That was a clean sweep.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:21:18 AM EDT
[#35]
They have issues with the company they work for, soooo they protest a customer.

Attachment Attached File

Some real scholars.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:24:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Yes from this strike. It’s San Francisco..
View Quote

To be fair, I see dipshits in Indiana still wearing masks in their car by themselves.  ??
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:26:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Is that picture from today?  Why are those retards still wearing masks?
View Quote
They do it to hide their face
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:28:12 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Fuck unions
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:28:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Fuck unions
View Quote

SEIU tells me all I need to know.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:28:36 AM EDT
[#40]
They should have thought about the consequences of their actions. Merry Christmas, dipshits.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:29:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Maybe it would have been better if Elon let them get strike pay in the cold for the holidays and cancel the contract in the new year.

Also if these people work for a cleaning company why picket Twitter? That's like hospital workers picketing General Motors for better wages.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:29:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Very Reagenesqe.

Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:29:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Fuck the sieu

I hope that holds. But this is surely a setup for legal action
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:32:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Do the job you're paid to do or...

Get the fuck outta here (The Sopranos)
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:34:34 AM EDT
[#45]
unions don't work on non skilled labor. ask the guys who stack apples at vons how that worked for them?
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:36:33 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

"Critics of Musk are outraged that he would fire the workers just weeks before Christmas."

I would be mad also, but not at Musk, I would be mad at the union for the strike just before Christmas.
View Quote

Yeah, but it's an illogical mindset.  

My father was a Teamster, and he worked for the same company for something like 25 years, until that company went bankrupt.  The drivers knew the company was going down, because they were no longer getting paid, but the union told them that if they quit (went looking for a job that actually paid) they would lose their seniority.  There was apparently also something said about fighting for the money that was owed to them ...which took years, and they ended up with just a percentage of the pay that was owed to them.

Then it was a series of smaller companies that he would work at for a while, until they could no longer balance the books and closed down.

Of course, none of this was the union's fault.  It was all on the money-grubbing owners that were trying to break the union (odd how it was the companies that kept going broke).  Anytime I pointed out how the union had screwed him, he would just claim that anything the union had done wasn't as bad as what the company would have done if the union hadn't been fighting for him (same thing with the dems fighting for the little guy).  I guess it was easier to cling to that illusion, than accept that the union was guilty of what he had been blaming on the company owners.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:36:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Oh well.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:43:17 AM EDT
[#48]
as large companies let thousands go we should be outraged over a couple of dozen getting canned. Love the Christmas angle.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 3:14:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Time to move Twitter to Texas like he did Tesla.
View Quote

That would be a very pricey endeavor at a time when he needs to make up costs. It would be nice though.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 3:18:57 AM EDT
[#50]
His business. His control.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top