Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/17/2021 5:45:08 PM EDT
First and foremost, I am not a wizard at editing videos. I rode bikes a lot through the 90's and up until about 2007. I sold my bike after moving back from the UK and didn't ride for a about 9 years. Couple years ago I bought a 2017 Road King. I reconnected with an old buddy that rode with me all over Europe and Northern Africa. He has since been injured (British Royal Marines) and he said film some of your travels so he could see my adventures.

Fast forward to 2019, I setup a GoPro and asked for advice here. I got it set up, started making a few videos and then "boom goes the dynamite". I get rear ended rolling into a stop to turn left. It totaled by Road King, tore a couple ligaments in my left knee and now I am back on the road after that again.

I took a foray into YouTube and here is a link to my channel and mainly to the wreck video. I am sure the hive will provide ample advice on why, how and who was to blame since all of you are Super Bike veterans and have won the Isle of man TT multiple times, but what the hell here goes the link.

If you like the video, subscribe, I am giving away some shit the Harley shop gave me. I will continue to make videos for myself and a couple of other Vets that can't ride anymore but enjoy seeing the scenery and talking shit about bikes. I am trying to get to the magical 1000 subs so YouTube can pay for my gas.

Wreck and my video made it on TV skip to :54
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 5:50:36 PM EDT
[#1]
One day I looked down at my youtube and had over 6k subscribers

Those motherfuckers still wont give me a dime. Any time I try and monetize it I get shot down

I got one video with just shy of 2 million views too

Fuck youtube
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 5:52:17 PM EDT
[#2]
holy shit, whats the channel
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 5:54:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
holy shit, whats the channel
View Quote

My username there is therealchase45

All I know is once the influx happened I looked into it and I always didnt meet some sort of requirement. It seemed like I would finally meet one requirement then another wouldnt be satisfied

Atleast I never really did much with the channel other than drop a video for hosting and run lol
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 5:55:22 PM EDT
[#4]
checking it out now
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 5:57:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Subscribed for a worthy cause
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 5:58:35 PM EDT
[#6]
thank you sir and salute!
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 5:59:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn Dude!  Glad you weren't hurt worse.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 6:00:19 PM EDT
[#8]
thank you sir, insurance settlement will make me feel better
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 6:02:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Happy owner of a ‘21 street bob here, so I love watching videos like this. Thanks. I’ll subscribe

Glad you’re ok.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 6:04:55 PM EDT
[#10]
thank you sir and salute!
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 6:05:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
thank you sir, insurance settlement will make me feel better
View Quote

Yeah I wouldn't know anything about that.  

Watch where the fuck your going always bit my ass lol
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 6:09:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Damn! As bad as that was, thankfully there didn't appear to be any traffic in the lane next to you.

ETA: Maybe if you had a smaller bike and were looking right at you at your mirror, you might have been able to get out of the way. Unlikely though. My Dad barely dodged getting hit like that once.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 6:11:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Brutal OP, hope you heal straight. Love riding, but distracted drivers really kill the zen of it. Having to be hyper-attentive all the time can be draining.

Edit: Liked and subbed.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 6:11:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Had you just held on to the handle bars you could have just driven around the 4runner with no injuries.
All joking aside, glad you're ok.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 6:13:02 PM EDT
[#15]
2 years ago I took a f250 powerstroke head on. His fault. Hurt like hell but I and my wife walked.  Don't agree to any settlement and get a lawyer. The full extent of you injuries might not have fully developed yet. My wife thought she was fine. 6 months later she was having back surgery for damaged disks.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 6:16:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Damn distracted drivers...

I need a cam system for my bike now.. off to shop
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 6:17:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
. I am sure the hive will provide ample advice on why, how and who was to blame since all of you are Super Bike veterans and have won the Isle of man TT multiple times, but what the hell here goes the link.

View Quote

Well, I only won the TT once, but here goes.

If you weren't so busy talking to yourself and trying to make a video, you would have noticed the 4Runner stopped and got into the right lane to avoid it without having to slow down.

Glad you are ok, could have been a LOT worse.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 6:18:19 PM EDT
[#18]
When I ride on the road (which is rare anymore) I always watch folks pulling up behind me.  Hard to say if I could react quick enough though.

Sounds like you made it out alright.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 6:19:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Damn distracted drivers...

I need a cam system for my bike now.. off to shop
View Quote

Good idea - OP, what are you using for a setup? Minus the bump that was a nice video.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 6:19:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Damn. That sucks.

I'm sorry, but I laughed like hell when they hit you and you let out a loud "FUCK".
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 6:20:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Welcome to YouTube.  Your shit is already headlining other channels.

Lady HITS biker from BEHIND - Epic Motorcycle Moments - Ep. 187

Link Posted: 5/17/2021 6:21:05 PM EDT
[#22]
subbed just to help you out. That hit is crazy. Distracted drives is the only reason I don't ride.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 6:22:03 PM EDT
[#23]
I was turning left and in the appropriate turning lane.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 6:22:49 PM EDT
[#24]
GoPro hero 8, mounted on helmet, Purple panda mic, media mod for gopro. Velcro is your friend
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 6:23:23 PM EDT
[#25]
I had multiple channels reach out to me to use my video, i was like.....okay hell yes
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 6:23:38 PM EDT
[#26]
thank you sir and salute
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 6:24:27 PM EDT
[#27]
OP’s video gets exciting toward the end. Rear-ended by a car not paying attention. That probably could have been worse, good that OP is one piece...
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 6:26:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I was turning left and in the appropriate turning lane.
View Quote

I couldn't tell there was a left turn lane, just looked to me like the 4Runner was stopped.

Nothing you could have really done to prevent that, even if you weren't driving distracted lol

I'm surprised you didn't have whiplash or something.

What happened to you is a huge fear of mine while riding on the street, I always stop on the right or left side of the lane. I know it wouldn't make fuck all of a difference if I got hit like you did, but makes me feel safer for some reason.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 6:28:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I couldn't tell there was a left turn lane, just looked to me like the 4Runner was stopped.

Nothing you could have really done to prevent that, even if you weren't driving distracted lol
View Quote

Its a bad intersection, the chick actually ran the light behind me. Then hit me playing with her dog. I want the dog in the insurance settlement to cook on a live stream
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 6:30:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Its a bad intersection, the chick actually ran the light behind me. Then hit me playing with her dog. I want the dog in the insurance settlement to cook on a live stream
View Quote

Good lord.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 6:31:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Actual advice, unknown if it would have helped you in this situation, but when pulling up behind vehicles, do so on their left or right side as much as possible and not center line behind them. If you were more in the 3rd lane position, off the right tail light of the vehicle in front of you, there's at least a chance you don't get rammed into the vehicle, but past it on the right side. Could have saved your leg.

Edit: Also being in the 1 or 3 position gives you the best opportunity to go around the vehicle in front of you if the opportunity is available.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 6:32:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Subbed for giggles.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 6:32:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Liked and subbed
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 6:42:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Subbed, these kinda wrecks make me want to get one of those tail light flasher modules, although I doubt it would have helped in this case.

Also just my opinion, I would ditch the intro/channel name screen and music. Just overlay your channel name on the video or something
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 6:42:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Fuckin idiots with their goddamn dogs. I'll bet at least a third of the parents picking up their children at my kid's school arrive with a dog (or dogs) freely wandering about in the car as they're driving. Sometimes they're standing in the passenger seat blocking any possible view out that side. Sometimes they're sitting in the driver's lap as they're driving. Saw some idiot just a couple days ago nearly roll over a kid at a crosswalk because he couldn't see the kid with Fido blocking his view. We're inundated with morons in my neck of the woods.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 6:45:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Subbed, these kinda wrecks make me want to get one of those tail light flasher modules, although I doubt it would have helped in this case.

Also just my opinion, I would ditch the intro/channel name screen and music. Just overlay your channel name on the video or something
View Quote

will do, thank you
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 7:04:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Subbed.
And I feel your pain op.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 10:01:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Why were you camping in the left lane?
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 10:53:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Needed to turn left, the right lane is for the in ramp to the interstate. I was headed south and turning left
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 11:05:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Liked and subbed
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/17/2021 11:41:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Those motherfuckers still wont give me a dime. Any time I try and monetize it I get shot down

Fuck youtube
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 11:47:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

and here we go!!
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 11:47:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Street bike = death wish.  I've been hit by idiots in my car way too many times to want to know what it's like on a bike.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 11:49:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Glad you are ok OP!! im not going to be one of the clowns that are going to bash you and dont even know how to ride, or for that matter even drive!! (yea im talking about my reply to a min ago to Traderjac about lane camping, lol) it was obvious to me what you were doing in the left lane, its scary we have drivers out there that dont understand on ramp/off ramp lanes of access to interstate lol
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 12:02:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Fuck youtube
View Quote
What's their reason for not monetizing you?
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 12:04:55 AM EDT
[#46]
I like how the dumb bitch was looking at her vehicle for damage instead of checking to make sure you were ok

Glad your ok OP and thanks for all the help you do for veterans now.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 12:29:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Subscribed for a worthy cause
View Quote

Me too.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 1:16:56 AM EDT
[#48]
My worst fear right there and one reason I wish we had lane splitting at lights at least...

Glad you're ok, that could have been a hell of alot worse.

And subbed good luck and keep the rubber side down
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 1:22:09 AM EDT
[#49]
Glad that wasn’t worse and hope your knee heals.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 6:55:04 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I like how the dumb bitch was looking at her vehicle for damage instead of checking to make sure you were ok

Glad your ok OP and thanks for all the help you do for veterans now.
View Quote

if it were a dude...could have had a bumb fight video
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top