Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 14
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 3:37:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ok.  So if the bronco does what they say it does.

whats Jeeps move?

put rubicons at a reasonable price?
add power?
make lower end models that have Offroad features?

their business model just went down the tubes.

personally j hope it lowers the used market if anything.  I wouldn't mind buying a Jeep, but not paying what they go for.

i miss my XJ mostly.  Was best Jeep.
View Quote

Well they do look different and the fca transmission is still tuned better than Fords typically is.

The srt is the first thing they are doing. No v8 in the Bronco probably ever. I expect they will need a factory 35” wheel and locker package for all trim levels they will probably throw in the electronic sway bar disconnect since they had this option in the lower trims when the jk launched in 2006. The Jeep interior is probably better executed than Ford but it would not surprise me if Jeep does a luxury level interior like they did in the Ram trucks. They need to fix the steering and get it at least back to the level of the jk. Maybe they will bump towing up to 5k lbs with a high capacity tow package.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 3:59:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool.  Something new for the nerdy boots on base to blow all their money on instead of a jeep or mustang.

and lol at jeep and ford owners talking shit to each other.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 4:16:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That was some fan rendered project, that physically could not have half the features this one has
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah...I really hate it. WTF happened to this? Make this one!!!!

https://www.theautohost.com/_clients/BICU/_pages/BICU70636-Bronco/images/header.jpg

That was some fan rendered project, that physically could not have half the features this one has

Not to mention, they made that version once already, and it sucked then... nobody wants it back.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 4:18:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I can see the replaceable Ring
But  the factory rim still wouldn't be DOT legal
So what's the point of the " Beadlock Capable " wheel ? Marketing gimmick .

View Quote

Do you really think they are selling a wheel that isn't DOT legal?  The Raptor has had them for a while.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 4:25:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't see any Mlok in that picture... and the dash doesn't really need a roll cage.

Quoted:

They stole that from a wrangler aftermarket Vector mount.
Im going to install it on mine with a trail map app that shows where Starbucks is.

Attachment Attached File
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 4:35:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Only a poor would be upset if somebody spent their own money to modify their vehicle and use as they choose.
A true moron ignores capability.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lot of effint of ansgt

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/14291/1566_jpg-1503619.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/14291/1473_jpg-1503625.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/14291/Bush_Taxi_jpg-1503621.JPG
NMF

Funny thing is when you really get away from the malls, Starbucks and civilization, this is the kinda shit you see in operation.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/14291/575_jpg-1503626.JPG

Something for the Jeep guys

Only a poor would be upset if somebody spent their own money to modify their vehicle and use as they choose.
A true moron ignores capability.

What the fuck are you on about?

The rest of the world gets out and does shit without a concern for monocolor billet sliders or forged color matched limb-risers - mostly because most of the capability aint needed and rarely used. Regardless there's a huge market because huge demand tending to focus on stuff that has the correct aesthetic...so the Starbucks run is cooler or to peacock the Jeep run two counties over. Luckily dudes like this show up.

Attachment Attached File

Its like all the 500 hp sedans and $25K ADV bikes that mere existence would be too boring without owning, yet are never tracked or hardly taken 100 miles from their house. Americans are suckers for gold plating - but mostly wont get out of their own state, and damn near ever do shit out of the country. But that's why I end up surprising locals in places like this, regular

Attachment Attached File

Not sure where the poors come into this.

I'm glad a lot of you don't get out very much, your natural pugilism would sure make it more difficult for those of us that do.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 4:38:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Until you put a winch on it, then the bumper will stick out farther.

Lower crawl ratio than what? My 06 Rubicon has about a 73:1 crawl ratio, and that’s on a rig with 31” tires stock. With my 255/85-16s 1st & 2nd low are still too low for most of what I do (I don’t rock crawl.) 4.70s with 35s is pretty tall, most people I know who rock crawl would be runnig 4.88s on 33s and 5.38s or lower for 35s.

What it sounds like is Ford’s version of a Rubicon, something done halfway decent but you could do better for the same money buying the base model and upgrading.
View Quote

You can't tell if 4.70s are tall or not without transmission and transfer case gear ratios, but the manual with crawl first is 94.75:1.  My old Bronco is about 69:1with 3.73s and there are times I wish it was a touch lower.  Factory lower gearing is nice because it's warrantied, which you will want in a first year vehicle.  I don't want to make drivetrain changes until I am sure tranny, transfer, and diffs are solid.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 4:39:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Ford has already released the Jeep owners transition kit for the Bronco:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 4:46:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Sway bar disconnect is an unneeded nuisance. Hope ford’s version is more reliable.

Antirocks are better.
View Quote

Manual pull pins are fine too, but it needs disconnects somehow.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 4:54:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/22875/108349049_10218908719722253_628026967524-1503312.jpg
View Quote

It looks better on bronco than Jeep
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 5:11:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The rest of the world gets out and does shit without a concern for monocolor billet sliders or forged color matched limb-risers - mostly because most of the capability aint needed and rarely used. Regardless there's a huge market because huge demand tending to focus on stuff that has the correct aesthetic...so the Starbucks run is cooler or to peacock the Jeep run two counties over. Luckily dudes like this show up.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/14291/188E5BBA-2012-4E5D-8ACC-CB605FCF9154_jpe-1503782.JPG

Its like all the 500 hp sedans and $25K ADV bikes that mere existence would be too boring without owning, yet are never tracked or hardly taken 100 miles from their house. Americans are suckers for gold plating - but mostly wont get out of their own state, and damn near ever do shit out of the country. But that's why I end up surprising locals in places like this, regular

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/14291/544__2__Patagonain_Deset_Uspallata_jpg-1503774.JPG

I'm glad a lot of you don't get out very much, your natural pugilism would sure make it more difficult for those of us that do.
View Quote

I was agreeing with you
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 5:32:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

IFS has better ground clearance to start with.  Also look at RZRs.  Independent at all 4 corners and more capable than almost anything on the trail.  That's said, I would have taken the solid front if it was an option on the bronco.
View Quote

IFS: better clearance to start with, clearance always DECREASES as the suspension flexes upon hitting an obstacle.

SFA: lower initial clearance due to diff housing, clearance always INCREASES as suspension flexes.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 5:37:53 PM EDT
[#13]
oh no it doesn't have solid axles, like you're rock crawling over and through a mountain
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 5:43:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I thought this was a Photoshop joke, because that looks terrible and has to be fake.  I googled Ford Bronco. Omg.  It's real.

Real fuckin stupid looking!
View Quote

Yep, it looks so much like a Honda Element it’s not even funny. On looks alone there’s no fucking way I’d ever buy that thing, I don’t care WHAT kind of performance it has. Same for JKs and JLs, fucking hideous.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 5:43:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
oh no it doesn't have solid axles, like you're rock crawling over and through a mountain
View Quote

This. The hype over solid axles has reached its peak I think. Modern IFS can do over 90% of what a solid axle can do. Meanwhile a solid axle can only do half of what you can do with an IFS. How many Baja and trophy trucks use a solid axle now days? None. I think what Ford did was smart.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 5:50:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I see off-road and racing aren't your thing
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hard pass on alloy wheels.  Nice that the Bronco base wheels are stamped steel, like a proper off-road vehicle.  

I see off-road and racing aren't your thing

Try hammering the bead on an alloy wheel back into shape so it holds air after denting it with a rock.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 5:52:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Pretty much this.

I’ve found a front antirock certainly “feels” better and more stable, but it could be placebo.

I’ve not know anyone to run both and prefer disconnects to an antirock.

ETA: This is my last kinda serious post in a Jeep thread.
View Quote

@ Frayedknot I have ran JKS Disco's and now an AntiRock.  Will never run disconnected again . TJ feels much more planted and stable with the AntiRock.  4 guys in my Club laughed when I bought it , after driving my jeep against there's,  they are all using AntiRocks

Wonder how many solid axle rigs that have won KOH are running disconnected ? ? ?

Wonder why all the custom buggies run some kind of Sway Bar ??
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 5:55:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Try hammering the bead on an alloy wheel back into shape so it holds air after denting it with a rock.
View Quote

That’s why I have a spare tire. And why I stayed with 15” wheels on the tj. 15” alloy wheels are cheap.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 6:05:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I was agreeing with you
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/14291/188E5BBA-2012-4E5D-8ACC-CB605FCF9154_jpe-1503782.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/14291/544__2__Patagonain_Deset_Uspallata_jpg-1503774.JPG

I was agreeing with you

I should get drunk earlier do I can tell this stuff Why the fuck I asked knowing you Still hate Orange
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 6:30:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Uhm, yeah!  
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 6:36:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's not a dent, it's bent.

Thats why steel wheels are a thing of the past for performance off-road.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 6:40:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 6:42:38 PM EDT
[#23]

ROFL you do realize that ford built a lot of those “Jeeps” in that pic don’t you?

ETA: “During World War II, Willys produced 363,000 Jeeps and Ford some 280,000.”
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 6:58:18 PM EDT
[#24]
My buddy at work and I were talking about this new bronco (he’s a diehard Jeep and Suzuki samurai guy).

He is super stoked about it.  His analysis and I agree with him is.

For most people who take their vehicles off road this will be awesome for them.  

If you don’t plan on modifying the vehicle then the bronco will be good.

If you do medium crawling trails this should be good with the low range.

BUT

If you want to build the bronco into a rock crawling machine for somewhere like Moab, and drop 44’s on it and all sorts of mods then you better go Jeep.

Personally I dislike most Fords out there. I especially hate the f150 and eco boost (we have them at work) and I am excited for the Bronco.

Do I wish it had and solid axle instead of a IFS.... hell yeah.

Do I wish it had the small Cummins diesel (2.8l I think which you can drop in a Jeep).... hell yeah

But it’s still great to see competition for a Jeep and especially at a lower price.

Wonder how custom roll cages with work with the airbags in their roll cage.

I just wish someone would be able to bring in the Suzuki Jimny. 30+ mpg, solid axles and body on frame.

Yeah it’s a tin can with wheels but it would be awesome to mess around with
Quoted:

I've built 2 XJ's and enjoyed both more than the wrangler. It helps to be able to haul coolers to the campsite

4.5" lift, lockers, and 33" pizza cutters make for a mean rig.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ok.  So if the bronco does what they say it does.

whats Jeeps move?

put rubicons at a reasonable price?
add power?
make lower end models that have Offroad features?

their business model just went down the tubes.

personally j hope it lowers the used market if anything.  I wouldn't mind buying a Jeep, but not paying what they go for.

i miss my XJ mostly.  Was best Jeep.

I've built 2 XJ's and enjoyed both more than the wrangler. It helps to be able to haul coolers to the campsite

4.5" lift, lockers, and 33" pizza cutters make for a mean rig.

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 7:36:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

ROFL you do realize that ford built a lot of those “Jeeps” in that pic don’t you?

ETA: “During World War II, Willys produced 363,000 Jeeps and Ford some 280,000.”
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Would have been the other way round if Ford had a good design...
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 7:43:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Wranglers are mostly tapco fucked to shit. It’s like how much shit can I stack on this thing.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 7:44:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
My buddy at work and I were talking about this new bronco (he’s a diehard Jeep and Suzuki samurai guy).

BUT

If you want to build the bronco into a rock crawling machine for somewhere like Moab, and drop 44’s on it and all sorts of mods then you better go Jeep.

Personally I dislike most Fords out there. I especially hate the f150 and eco boost (we have them at work) and I am excited for the Bronco.

Do I wish it had the small Cummins diesel (2.8l I think which you can drop in a Jeep).... hell yeah

But it’s still great to see competition for a Jeep and especially at a lower price.

I just wish someone would be able to bring in the Suzuki Jimny. 30+ mpg, solid axles and body on frame.

View Quote

Plenty of IFS equipped vehicles navigate Moab and other similar places every day. Modern IFS will do almost everything a solid axle will do. The performance gain off road a SA design has is minimal and totally offset by shitty on road handling especially at highway speeds. Ford did their homework here.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 7:51:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Trademark violation?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 7:52:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

BUT

View Quote

I think the Bronco Badlands will be as capable as a Rubicon.  You can't put 40s on a stock Rubicon and wheel it hard either.  Both have Dana 44 rears.  They are good to 35s safely, but 37s are pushing it.  Much past that you need RCVs and gears along with axle trusses at a minimum.  If we're upgrading the Jeep to Dana 60s to go big, we could probably SAS the Bronco too.  I love Jeeps, but they aren't indestructible.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 7:58:36 PM EDT
[#30]
The point about putting lifts above 3 or 4 inches on IFS is valid.  The control arms only have so much range.  Going past that requires long travel arms and suspension and usually major fender work along with bulletproof CVs.  But if it can fit 35s stock, you can probably squeeze some 37s without too much trouble.  Solid axle lifts are much easier generally.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 8:00:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And unless there’s an actual crease I can un-bend it so it holds air with nothing but a hammer. A little starting fluid to seat the bead, some air from my compressor, and I’m on my way.

Performance off-road? To me that’s pulling a trailer with 2000lb of firewood out of the woods on ATV & snowmobile trails or skidder roads, I’m 95% “utility” and only 5% “sport.” Even when a friend & I load the dogs and head out to the woods, it’s either so I can scout out firewood while we just drive around or we’re heading 10-20 miles out on solid ice logging roads to do some deep backcountry snowshoeing. 5-6 miles out of town there’s no cell service due to the mountains. Better to fix a bent bead and keep the spare for an unrepairable tire.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 8:07:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Have to see the new Bronco in person. The pics don't look too good to me.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 8:18:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I'm not just shitposting based on speculation. I really have experienced the constant flow of Ford recall letters.

More than any other brand I've dealt with. I get the sense that they aren't really concerned with getting it right the first time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Best of luck to everyone lining up to buy the first year of a new production vehicle loaded with electrical options!

At least make sure you get the extended factory warranty... if you have any money left after paying whatever premium you have to in order to beat out all the other overly-enthusiastic masochists.

But maybe I'm wrong and you won't wind up with a mailbox full of those recall letters this time.

Well... I did order a first year Wrangler JL in 2018. Broke down three weeks later. In the shop over a month.
Could the Bronco be just as troublesome? We will see.
Wrangler has been dead reliable since then.

I'm not just shitposting based on speculation. I really have experienced the constant flow of Ford recall letters.

More than any other brand I've dealt with. I get the sense that they aren't really concerned with getting it right the first time.

The catalytic converter failure is crazy on the explorers.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 8:37:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The catalytic converter failure is crazy on the explorers.
View Quote

Sounds like a good excuse to drop in a 3" catless turboback exhaust.  Do the Ecoboost engines have a pre turbo cat?
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:09:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Doesn't change the design or it's heritage, which didn't come from ford.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:36:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Modern brakes don't fit behind 15" rims anymore.
View Quote
I'm running 15's on my JKU..
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:41:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/22875/108349049_10218908719722253_628026967524-1503312.jpg
View Quote
Lol.  That's funny but yoy know some dumbass is going to buy an angry eyes grill for his bronco.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:56:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Does it have vinyl seats and floors I can wash out with a garden hose?
View Quote

Yup. Drain plugs and all. Plus MOLLE panels on the seat backs.

ETA: Black Diamond trim.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:26:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Plenty of IFS equipped vehicles navigate Moab and other similar places every day. Modern IFS will do almost everything a solid axle will do. The performance gain off road a SA design has is minimal and totally offset by shitty on road handling especially at highway speeds. Ford did their homework here.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/73787/IMG_8293_JPG-1504075.JPG
View Quote

Had to test the flex on the solid rear axle for some reason I guess.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:59:43 PM EDT
[#40]

Tbh, I’m more likely to need the latter.

The new Bronco has piqued my interest

Manual trans and a decent engine with the 2.7, sounds great so far.

Yes, I love the SFA and manual transfer case of the Jeep, but I had a JK that was totally stripped, and still had electrical issues.

Also, I tend not to ever mod my vehicles.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:20:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It didn't come from FCA, either.

The path through which the Jeep concept got passed from American Bantam to Willys on up through to FCA is pretty convoluted...
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:40:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Rented a brand new one in Costa Rica a year and a half ago,   I wanted to bring it home so bad.  
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:45:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Who cares?

I'll keep my 3rd Gen 4Runner that's paid for.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 1:54:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Does it have vinyl seats and floors I can wash out with a garden hose?
View Quote

Marine grade vinyl upholstery, silicone sealed switches, and floor drains.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 3:07:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
No front solid axles no care
View Quote

Haha, you know what else doesn’t have solid front or even rear axles ?
Attachment Attached File

That, and it will off road like a fucking monster on street tires!
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 3:57:33 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/164962/B8BE614A-21B2-406C-982C-8C481A13A97C_jpe-1504611.JPG

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/164962/B8BE614A-21B2-406C-982C-8C481A13A97C_jpe-1504611.JPG

Too wide. High cg. Terrible on the real trails.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 5:48:41 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

The path through which the Jeep concept got passed from American Bantam to Willys on up through to FCA is pretty convoluted...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fca is a pretty small part of the jeep lineage, and i know the back story i don't need educated.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 6:19:33 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha, you know what else doesn't have solid front or even rear axles ?

So drop down to a hijet with diff lock,
2.5 inch lift...so you can shift gears while touching shoulders....
That pinz is pretty damn capable...
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 6:22:23 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Fca is a pretty small part of the jeep lineage, and i know the back story i don't need educated.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File

Why are you so emotional about the Bronco?
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 6:30:42 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The point about putting lifts above 3 or 4 inches on IFS is valid.  The control arms only have so much range.  Going past that requires long travel arms and suspension and usually major fender work along with bulletproof CVs.  But if it can fit 35s stock, you can probably squeeze some 37s without too much trouble.  Solid axle lifts are much easier generally.
View Quote

Here it is with a lift and 37s, and a tiny man in the driver's seat.

Attachment Attached File
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top