Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 8:52:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The important question, though, is "Do the people at Ruger know who Jesse James is?"
View Quote

They don't have to, he'll tell them.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 9:45:15 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
We all know he owns one of that fuckstains products.  Probably paid over triple what its really worth.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We get it, you hate jesse james LOLHe gave me a message for you

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/actors/jesse-james-net-worth/

damn you have a serious bromance going with jesse mother fucking james!

We all know he owns one of that fuckstains products.  Probably paid over triple what its really worth.

Link Posted: 1/21/2016 9:50:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
asked & answered, read the thread  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So why are we supposed to hate this guy again?

I missed the memo.

Claimed his suppressor was capable of reducing the report of a 5.56 to 78 decibels, which is quite literally impossible.  Then when challenged to prove it by an actual suppressor manufacturer he waffled, finally agreed to it, then backed out at the last minute.  And his guns look like shit, but I guess that's just personal opinion.  And he cheated on Sandra Bullock.
I Have shot specialty suppressors made for the military in 308 & 5.56, they were big and long but did achieve what you're saying is impossible.    One was about 14 inches long and was almost movie quiet , of course the ammo was sub sonic but the result was jaw dropping.

What brand and make  suppressors have you tried that are Hollywood quiet. The bolt slamming on a Ar15 is louder then 78 decibels.
asked & answered, read the thread  

You reread the damn thread you have not stated the manufacture of the hollywood quiet suppressor did you have to sign a NDA or are you just making it up. If it is the quietest suppressor you have ever shot you would remember the make and model.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 9:53:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You reread the damn thread you have not stated the manufacture of the hollywood quiet suppressor did you have to sign a NDA or are you just making it up. If it is the quietest suppressor you have ever shot you would remember the make and model.
View Quote

Almost any full size rifle suppressor is going to be hollywood quiet when running subsonics with the gas shut off.  Even then, they're still nowhere near 78 decibels.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 9:56:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Almost any full size rifle suppressor is going to be hollywood quiet when running subsonics with the gas shut off.  Even then, they're still nowhere near 78 decibels.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you calling a site member a liar?  Do you even CoC bro?
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 10:00:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He already admitted that it wasn't metered.  I think his understanding of what a 78 decibel impulse noise would sound like is a little off.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 10:03:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

He already admitted that it wasn't metered.  I think his understanding of what a 78 decibel impulse noise would sound like is a little off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I should have included the sarcasm face in my post
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 10:04:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Wish he was still making bikes...
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 10:25:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I wish the interviewer would have stopped him right thereand said…

…”you really don’t have any idea what you are talking aboutdo you?”

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"It’s sub minute of elevation… that’s the accuracy standard,so it’s accurate out to 1000 yards”…

WTF?

Sounds good to me! I'll take it.

ETA:
I wish the interviewer would have stopped him right thereand said…

…”you really don’t have any idea what you are talking aboutdo you?”

Or give him more rope: "Would you mind explaining that for our less experienced listeners"
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 10:26:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nah, it was obvious.  I just replied seriously.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 10:36:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
BS   What I said is , if he is a member here you cannot call him names including liar.
You can say he's not right about those claims or he is not being honest.
A small distinction but it might save a timeout.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Strong white knighting going on here.
Nope, I defended him as a member here from a personal attack, just like I have done for others and would for you  

Incorrect. You're saying he isn't a liar when it's fact that he is.
BS   What I said is , if he is a member here you cannot call him names including liar.
You can say he's not right about those claims or he is not being honest.
A small distinction but it might save a timeout.

I guess you had a bad experience here. Sorry about that, it sucks.

But I don't equate calling someone a liar the same as calling them stupid or a moron et cetera.

They convey two very different meanings by definition.

If some IS lying, and it's proven/obvious, we are stating fact.

So I'm not calling you out anymore seeing how I see you got called out over something similar.

I guess I'd just like to know how whoever jumped your shit could claim the factual branding of a liar is name calling.

Link Posted: 1/21/2016 10:49:57 AM EDT
[#12]
He's an artist and should stick to art.  I'd rather have a plain looking tube that's quiet.

Also, fake reality tv was never my thing.

Wild performance claims in any industry should be challenged.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 11:10:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True but he is stating that he shot one that was 78 decibels. I am pretty sure that this is not possible and if it is I would like to know who made the can. He told me to reread the thread since he answered the question of what make and or model the suppressor was even though he did not answer it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 11:13:46 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote

But to someone that knows bikes knows they are crap and way overpriced for what they are.

Link Posted: 1/21/2016 11:14:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Kinda want a Damascus 1911.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 11:16:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
8 pages of dildos...

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_20/439162_Jesse_James_Firearms_Suppressor.html

Google returns...

Hopefully that thread will serve to drive people away from doing business with that liar.
View Quote

That wasn't JJ
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 11:17:14 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
That wasn't JJ
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

8 pages of dildos...

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_20/439162_Jesse_James_Firearms_Suppressor.html

Google returns...

Hopefully that thread will serve to drive people away from doing business with that liar.

That wasn't JJ

Based on what?

Link Posted: 1/21/2016 11:18:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

But to someone that knows bikes knows they are crap and way overpriced for what they are.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly. Same as the guns that he's making. Can't stand his work or the socal vato TV persona.

Link Posted: 1/21/2016 11:19:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He also later stated he was 125 yards away I believe.

ETA:
Quoted:

I can tell you that when I came out of the back garage door facing our range I was about 125 yards away and didn't really hear the rds , I very clearly heard the steel gongs ringing.

Link Posted: 1/21/2016 11:30:00 AM EDT
[#20]
So back to the topic at hand, JJ, honestly I don't think he would have gotten as much, if any, shit if he had set out to clearly market his guns as "lifestyle guns."  Basically go all in and plainly state that these are functional art pieces, guns that are intended to be customized bling.  If he did that, while the price tags would still be outrageous, it would at least make sense to folks...if you want a designer gun with the JJ name on it and you have money, whatever floats your boat.  His problem is that he is clearly making blinged out lifestyle guns, but marketing them as performance game changers.  And of course, not understanding anything whatsoever about the performance end of guns, the terminology, testing and operating environment is a surefire way to fall flat on your face if you are marketing your blinged out crap as a performance piece.

In his case, I'm sure it is the result of both ignorance and hubris.  Thinking that because he's a good bike fabricator that he can just step in, take a few things apart and look at the pieces, and be able to crank out high performance weapons and accessories is pretty much the very definition of hubris.  Sure Jessie, you can eyeball all the arts of a 1911 or an AR-15 or a suppressor and draw up something similar on a napkin, but if you don't even understand the terminology of the engineering and science involved, let alone the actual science invloved, you aren't going to improve anything.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 11:37:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I will give you my opinion.   Sandra Bullock is lovely.    I side with Sandra Bullock.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think Md rubbed off on you, why do you care what he did to SB?  

I really can't think of a good reason.  

I will give you my opinion.   Sandra Bullock is lovely.    I side with Sandra Bullock.

Lol....she's sweet because her "people" take care of her problems for her.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 11:40:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 11:40:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

His shop is within a couple of miles of my house.  I ran into him at the convenience store around the corner from my house on Thanksgiving Day '14.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
what with everything in Texas being so fucking wonderful.

Except the Californians.

This, plus I think his shop is near Austin which is the liberal/hippy craphole of Texas. It's a good location for him.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

His shop is within a couple of miles of my house.  I ran into him at the convenience store around the corner from my house on Thanksgiving Day '14.

Ran into him at the Dripping Springs HEB a couple of years back

Link Posted: 1/21/2016 11:42:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because fish taco.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 11:43:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
what with everything in Texas being so fucking wonderful.

Except the Californians.

This, plus I think his shop is near Austin which is the liberal/hippy craphole of Texas. It's a good location for him.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

I think his bike shop is on Fitzhugh. He lives near there.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 11:48:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Tag
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 12:00:05 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Awe you 13ers are cute when you're angry

Link Posted: 1/21/2016 12:06:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 12:10:48 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
True but he is stating that he shot one that was 78 decibels. I am pretty sure that this is not possible and if it is I would like to know who made the can. He told me to reread the thread since he answered the question of what make and or model the suppressor was even though he did not answer it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BS, I said it was not metered so I had no idea what the level would be but I restate it was the quietest suppressor I ever shot.
There is no brand name (his co name is his name that appears on his 07, so no discloser) , it's a friends design and was a prototype along with the 308 model, too costly and bulky for military use.

Link Posted: 1/21/2016 12:12:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
So let me ask this as a suppressor noob.

If the gas block gets essentially "turned off" and there is no cycle of the bolt to cause a rise above 78db how can JJ claim that he gets 78db when his rifle is cycling?
View Quote

Just not possible. 75 decibels is a dishwasher.

A .22LR bolt with subsonics can't achieve 78 decibels.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 12:12:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

If the gas block gets essentially "turned off" and there is no cycle of the bolt to cause a rise above 78db how can JJ claim that he gets 78db when his rifle is cycling?
View Quote

Because he used an iPhone sound metering app to get that decibel reading.  I believe he really did get that reading with the iPhone.  He then failed to realize that it wasn't anywhere close to an accurate reading or that the iPhone just isn't capable of providing an accurate reading on the sound level of a gun shot, suppressed or otherwise.  He then tried to pass that reading off as accurate.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 12:12:56 PM EDT
[#32]

I read back through the alleged JJ comments and have come to believe that any chubby 16 year old with half a brain and one hand in his pants could have made the jesseMFjames account and said the vague irritating things that person did.  

Let's not be gullible folks.

Link Posted: 1/21/2016 12:17:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I read back through the alleged JJ comments and have come to believe that any chubby 16 year old with half a brain and one hand in his pants could have made the jesseMFjames account and said the vague irritating things that person did.  

Let's not be gullible folks.

View Quote

Maybe JJ identifies as a 16yo.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 12:19:17 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View Quote
His suppressor never reached the low of 78 db, as stated the cycling action is louder than 78 DB but that is a red herring.

When talking about how quiet a suppressor is the action making noise is not included, someone here included that and helped to cloud the issue.

The DB level talked about in MFGers reports is from the report of the rd going off & the sound of the bullet breaking (or not breaking the sound barrier) there are 2 cracks , the human ear in real time can only hear one because they are so close together, You can reduce the DB by using sub sonic ammo so the rd does not break the sound barrier but you still have the explosion from the gun powder going off.

A suppressor MFGer strives to lose as much of that noise as possible , 78 DB's is some fairy tale goal which is almost impossible to attain.    
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 12:38:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
His suppressor never reached the low of 78 db, as stated the cycling action is louder than 78 DB but that is a red herring.   When talking about how quiet a suppressor is the action making noise is not included, someone here included that and helped to cloud the issue.
The DB level talked about in MFGers reports is from the report of the rd going off & the sound of the bullet breaking (or not breaking the sound barrier) there are 2 cracks , the human ear in real time can only hear one because they are so close together, You can reduce the DB by using sub sonic ammo so the rd does not break the sound barrier but you still have the explosion from the gun powder going off.
A suppressor MFGer strives to lose as much of that noise as possible , 78 DB's is some fairy tale goal which is almost impossible to attain.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

His suppressor never reached the low of 78 db, as stated the cycling action is louder than 78 DB but that is a red herring.   When talking about how quiet a suppressor is the action making noise is not included, someone here included that and helped to cloud the issue.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I missed the memo.

Claimed his suppressor was capable of reducing the report of a 5.56 to 78 decibels, which is quite literally impossible.  Then when challenged to prove it by an actual suppressor manufacturer he waffled, finally agreed to it, then backed out at the last minute.  And his guns look like shit, but I guess that's just personal opinion.  And he cheated on Sandra Bullock.
I Have shot specialty suppressors made for the military in 308 & 5.56, they were big and long but did achieve what you're saying is impossible.    One was about 14 inches long and was almost movie quiet , of course the ammo was sub sonic but the result was jaw dropping.

Of course it didn't, but JJ claimed it did

I got nothing.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 12:38:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Kinda want a Damascus 1911.
View Quote

Those are cool
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 12:45:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Question, just for shits and grins and not to give any sort of legitimacy to or bash JJ's suppressor: Suppose you were to isolate the muzzle from the action, like maybe with the rifle on a table with a soundproof barrier placed halfway down the barrel, so that the action would not be heard, only the muzzle report. How low could you get the decibels if the action were not part of the readings? Just curious is all.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 12:47:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't expect a lot or want my every need tended to but I have a few infatuations.  Sandra Bullock.  Jennifer Aniston.  

I like puppies too which is good since those are the only ones of what I listed that I will ever meet.

I wonder if I could do that bird chirping internet thing and get one of those ladies to visit.  Both are involved so no romance is expected but it would be neat to meet them.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 12:51:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Check Lowes or Home Depot.com.  One site lists decibel ratings.  75 decibels may be the worst piece of junk dishwasher available

I just scanned through Lowes.com and the highest I saw was 62 decibels.  The average was roughly 50 decibels.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 12:52:19 PM EDT
[#40]
What the fuck is Minute Of Elevation? Isn't it Minute Of Angle. Jesse James is a retarded fuck.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 12:53:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nice CoC Violation.  Reported.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 12:57:11 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh really?

Oh I see you edited to add the reported

Since when is calling a 13er a 13er a COC ?

Link Posted: 1/21/2016 12:59:50 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Holy 13'er post whore Batman

Link Posted: 1/21/2016 1:00:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Oh really?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh really?  

Since when is calling a liar a liar a CoC violation?  You stated yourself that "78 DB's is some fairy tale goal which is almost impossible to attain."
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 1:03:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Check Lowes or Home Depot.com.  One site lists decibel ratings.  75 decibels may be the worst piece of junk dishwasher available

I just scanned through Lowes.com and the highest I saw was 62 decibels.  The average was roughly 50 decibels.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My live in maid talks in loud booming spurts.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 1:04:04 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Since when is calling a liar a liar a CoC violation?  You stated yourself that "78 DB's is some fairy tale goal which is almost impossible to attain."
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh really?  

Don't change the subject 13er, you guys earned every bit of it

There are some really good guys who happened to join in 13, not many , more like yourself I'm afraid.

Link Posted: 1/21/2016 1:04:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
you know he dont make those either right?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
absurd suppressor claims aside
I really like his Damascus 1911 frames and slide work
JUST the frames and slides though lol
you know he dont make those either right?  

LOL are you serious? that is awesome
I kinda wondered because his instagram photos skip from hot metal under a power hammer to gorgeous Damascus frames and slides being hand fitted

I have seen people working with Damascus and the process involved, I should have known better

Link Posted: 1/21/2016 1:05:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Impossible sound reduction claims for his strange bolt together shitty sound suppressors being one issue.

Like absurd stupid claims for sound reduction.

/edit

Beaten by a few seconds.   The dude is like sociopathic dysfunctional in his need to be the cool guy that everybody loves to hate.   His shit is better because he says it is, not because it actually is.   Disagree, citing actual science or experience, and you are the douche not him...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I missed the memo.

Impossible sound reduction claims for his strange bolt together shitty sound suppressors being one issue.

Like absurd stupid claims for sound reduction.

/edit

Beaten by a few seconds.   The dude is like sociopathic dysfunctional in his need to be the cool guy that everybody loves to hate.   His shit is better because he says it is, not because it actually is.   Disagree, citing actual science or experience, and you are the douche not him...

Link Posted: 1/21/2016 1:05:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Don't change the subject 13er, you guys earned every bit of it   There are some really good guys who happened to join in 13, not many , more like yourself I'm afraid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh really?  

Don't change the subject 13er, you guys earned every bit of it   There are some really good guys who happened to join in 13, not many , more like yourself I'm afraid.

Lol, are you going to attack me for not listing my state of residence (again)?  

Weak sauce bruh

"78 DB's is some fairy tale goal which is almost impossible to attain." - jrzy
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 1:07:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Question, just for shits and grins and not to give any sort of legitimacy to or bash JJ's suppressor: Suppose you were to isolate the muzzle from the action, like maybe with the rifle on a table with a soundproof barrier placed halfway down the barrel, so that the action would not be heard, only the muzzle report. How low could you get the decibels if the action were not part of the readings? Just curious is all.
View Quote

You don't need to isolate the action, just shut off the gas or use a manually operated action.  Even then you'll still be over 100 decibels.  
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top