BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 4:43:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ukraine turned hard against corruption in 2014.  It has been very obvious as a change in the business climate there in the last few years. Do we want countries to be encouraged to be corrupt shitholes, or do we want them to reform and reduce corruption?  Strategically, we don't really want to be friends with corrupt places, since they are inherently unstable and prone to communist revolution.

We're getting the best possible deal on real world testing of our equipment, against Russia's toys, without having our military coming home mangled/dead.  That's both valuable for R&D purposes, but massively supports U.S. manufacturing/on shoring.  It is the best interests of the U.S. taxpayers to have a very robust manufacturing, and in particular military hardware production capability.  

Plenty of countries right now that would normally be buying their hardware from Russia or China are rethinking that, some of those are relevant to U.S. international interests.  It makes for better diplomatic leverage/relations where, say India or Turkey really wants the U.S. hardware.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm still waiting to hear what Ukraines strategic value is to US taxpayers.

Bueller? ..

Please don't mention that if we don't stop him in Ukraine, he'll March on Poland and threaten all of NATO/Europe. Russias military is obviously a joke.
Ukraine turned hard against corruption in 2014.  It has been very obvious as a change in the business climate there in the last few years. Do we want countries to be encouraged to be corrupt shitholes, or do we want them to reform and reduce corruption?  Strategically, we don't really want to be friends with corrupt places, since they are inherently unstable and prone to communist revolution.

We're getting the best possible deal on real world testing of our equipment, against Russia's toys, without having our military coming home mangled/dead.  That's both valuable for R&D purposes, but massively supports U.S. manufacturing/on shoring.  It is the best interests of the U.S. taxpayers to have a very robust manufacturing, and in particular military hardware production capability.  

Plenty of countries right now that would normally be buying their hardware from Russia or China are rethinking that, some of those are relevant to U.S. international interests.  It makes for better diplomatic leverage/relations where, say India or Turkey really wants the U.S. hardware.

The strategic value of you Ukraine is that it prevents Russia from having another jump off point on Europe (which has a BUNCH of trading partners). Russia has stated about a billion times that they want teh Baltic states back, South Eastern Europe, and Poland, Romania, Hungary, etc back.  

A continental war inevitably becomes a world war.  US and the West are attempting to prevent that but supporting the smaller fight. Support the smaller fight or be forced into the much more destructive and deadly larger fight later.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 4:43:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Ukraine has a right to defend itself.

Russia has no right to invade, AGAIN.

the biggest reason we can tell Russia invaded, is because former and very corrupt Ukraine government is no longer in their pocket.

Our military and financial aid has humiliated the bear by exposing how corrupt and incompetent it is & helped killed tens of thousands of their troops with none of our soldiers killed or wounded, this is a big win and I'm happy to stick it to the Bear as far as wars go, this is the best return we've ever gotten on military activities since the second world war.

Russia is not serious in it's nuclear threats, I've seen the direct quotes and videos, the last video I saw they aren't even directly threatening us with the use of nukes, but using it as a propaganda tool to boost their own sides moral.

Some of our aid being abused/misplaced isn't enough to stop sending it. We know it's low enough that officials here aren't concerned and we know Russia has propaganda interests in blowing any reports up as much as possible.

I think this interNyet stooge has fallen for Russian propaganda, there's a lot of Russian sponsored conservative/libertarian arguments against involvment right now.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 4:44:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Fuck him and fuck Russia. Ukraine has every right to defend itself.
View Quote

Totally agree 100%

Not with our money/guns/resources though.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 4:57:13 PM EDT
[#4]
No different than when the US invaded the CSA.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 5:04:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I regularly watch Timcast. I rarely have to turn it off due to the stupidity of what's being discussed or who's saying it. I couldn't even make it ten minutes into that episode with that retard before I had to turn it off.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 5:28:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Every word of this is Russian propaganda talking points.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 5:32:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Among the many, many fucking stupid things that guy said, I have one challenge for those of you who think he is so smart:

Find the treaty or document which NATO members signed, promising Russia they would not expand or add members.

You can't do it because it doesn't exist.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 5:41:13 PM EDT
[#8]
And further, during the entire Cold War, when the USSR was at the height of its' power, they never once used nuclear weapons in anger. In fact, we even called their bluff during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Russia today is a hollow shell, and they don't have the BALLS or 1/10th of the capability they had back then. If they used nukes, they KNOW that we would turn them into a smoking hole in the ground, while they aren't so sure any of their shit would even WORK.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 6:06:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

So why don’t you support liberating Tibet?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don’t understand why so many of you want WW3.

Nobody does.

Acquiescing to a violent dictator will.

The west’s failure to take action in 2014 has only emboldened a tyrant.

The Tibet that is within the internationally accepted borders of China and has been since the 50s?
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 6:20:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I have yet to see anyone make that argument. I have seen people say not to use our tax money to fight other people's stupid wars. And consequently draw us into another nations border dispute.
View Quote

you have to be retarded to the tenth degree to call this a "border dispute".  JFC
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 6:21:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I regularly watch Timcast. I rarely have to turn it off due to the stupidity of what's being discussed or who's saying it. I couldn't even make it ten minutes into that episode with that retard before I had to turn it off.
View Quote
That a pretty strong critic with some of the things Ian says lol
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 6:24:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Among the many, many fucking stupid things that guy said, I have one challenge for those of you who think he is so smart:

Find the treaty or document which NATO members signed, promising Russia they would not expand or add members.

View Quote
Yup, that treaty doesn't exist.

What does exist is a treaty which Russia said they will respect Ukraines borders.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 6:25:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm fine with that.

Although I'm not sure how we could accomplish much. Not sure how we could get them Javelins or how much that would help them.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 6:25:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

you have to be retarded to the tenth degree to call this a "border dispute".  JFC
View Quote
Right up there with civil war
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 6:28:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The strategic value of you Ukraine is that it prevents Russia from having another jump off point on Europe (which has a BUNCH of trading partners). Russia has stated about a billion times that they want teh Baltic states back, South Eastern Europe, and Poland, Romania, Hungary, etc back.  

A continental war inevitably becomes a world war.  US and the West are attempting to prevent that but supporting the smaller fight. Support the smaller fight or be forced into the much more destructive and deadly larger fight later.
View Quote

At this point I think Ukraine has already made it clear Russia isn't a match for NATO.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 6:29:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

What does exist is a treaty which Russia said they will respect Ukraines borders.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here’s also Atricle 2 of the UN Charter which the Soviet Union signed (a signature that Russia accepts as their own to keep a permanent seat on the UNSC).
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top