Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/30/2020 3:33:13 AM EDT
Former CIA Director John Brennan, a vocal critic of President Trump, found out he had been blocked from accessing his classified notes and records while working on his new memoir.

He writes in his forthcoming book, Undaunted: My Fight Against America's Enemies, at Home and Abroad, that after months of "haggling" he discovered the CIA was abiding by the directive Trump gave in August 2018 "that purportedly forbids anyone in the intelligence community from sharing classified information with me."

The White House confirmed the directive was being enforced, which is news considering the New York Times reported in May of last year that the president never revoked Brennan's security clearance.

"The President has constitutional authority to control access to classified information, which he exercised here in view of Mr. Brennan's erratic behavior and the President's belief that access to classified information should be solely for the benefit of the government and the American people," White House spokesman Judd Deere said.

View Quote
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/john-brennan-blocked-from-accessing-classified-information
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 3:36:38 AM EDT
[#1]
That took far too long.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 3:38:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Good. FJB.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 3:40:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Ima run out of fucks but fuck that person
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 3:44:09 AM EDT
[#4]
He should be blocked from accessing sunlight.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 3:53:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That took far too long.
View Quote

Yes. It did.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 3:57:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That took far too long.
View Quote

Well, if you notice the White House nor any .gov office announced he had been cut off.  He is evidently self reporting and White House responding to questions.  Maybe it was done long ago and he never tried access until now.  And maybe the leaks have been eliminated so no one knew until he self reported.

Maybe.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 4:02:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 4:10:32 AM EDT
[#8]
If he is no longer in that job he should no longer have access. Need to know and he doesnt

This is normal
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 4:41:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If he is no longer in that job he should no longer have access. Need to know and he doesnt

This is normal
View Quote

It certainly should be.

If he wanted to continue having access, he should have remained in some capacity at his former employer - where there presumably would be some oversight over what he was allowed to see.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 5:21:36 AM EDT
[#10]
The first word in the article, “former”, answers this discussion.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 5:36:03 AM EDT
[#11]
"The White House confirmed the directive was being enforced, which is news considering the New York Times reported in May of last year that the president never revoked Brennan's security clearance."

This sentence clearly demonstrates the media's confusion over access to classified info.  Having a security clearance does not permit you to just go in and start looking at stuff.  If you don't have a need to know, then you don't need to access it.  Members of the Clinton / Obama cabal never seemed to grasp this simple rule, and have always treated classified info with a very cavalier attitude
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 5:58:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That took far too long.
View Quote

FPNI
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 6:28:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
He should be blocked from accessing sunlight.
View Quote
Subscribed
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 6:38:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
That took far too long.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/30/2020 6:40:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 6:40:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

This is normal
View Quote

+1, only Ds write "memoirs" that require access to classified information.

Kharn
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 6:54:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Send him a redacted version that looks like most of the stuff we get out of a FOIA request. A bunch of sheets of black paper.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 6:56:57 AM EDT
[#18]
A treasonous cocksucker. Hope his book flops bigly.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 6:57:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Send him a redacted version that looks like most of the stuff we get out of a FOIA request. A bunch of sheets of black paper.
View Quote

That's racist!
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 6:59:04 AM EDT
[#20]
In before Hawaii  Judge rules CIA must provide him all and any info for the rest of his life.

Link Posted: 7/30/2020 7:00:54 AM EDT
[#21]
I can't think of a worse means of death to inflict on a person than being buried alive but I'd make a exception for Brennan.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 7:01:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Blocking access to oxygen would do far more good.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 7:05:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Good...
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 7:14:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Forgive me if I sound  ignant, since I've never had a clearance, but isn't access to classified info based upon need to know?

What is Brennan's need? "Trying to write a memoir" is more like a want than a need.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 7:18:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It certainly should be.

If he wanted to continue having access, he should have remained in some capacity at his former employer - where there presumably would be some oversight over what he was allowed to see.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is normal

It certainly should be.

They used to keep their clearances for quite some time as new people came in and would have questions about old business or old business that dovetailed into new business. However it also seemed to allow them unrestricted access.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 7:35:41 AM EDT
[#26]
fuck that Communist Muslim
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 7:40:29 AM EDT
[#27]
I guess he didn’t get the memo that he doesn’t work there any more.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 7:57:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Took long enough
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 7:59:58 AM EDT
[#29]
He should have been cut off from accessing classified information the day he left the job.

The asshole abused his position and likely his security clearance the whole time he was at the CIA.

The American people have no benefit from his continuing to have access to the nation's highest secrets.

Link Posted: 7/30/2020 8:00:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

This is normal
View Quote

Seems as though many former appointees to such positions have no automatic removal of such access.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 8:02:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Fuck him. He belongs in jail on charges of treason and sedition.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 8:07:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Clearance does not equal access.  As part of my retirement out-processing, I’m being ‘read out’ of classified programs, but will maintain my security clearance.  That means I no longer have access to those programs.  In any case, I still cannot divulge information regarding those programs.  If my successor (for some unknown reason) needs to discuss one of these programs, I can be brought back and ‘read in’ to those programs since I’ll still have a valid clearance.  

Key to the whole issue - Access requires the proper level of security clearance AND the need to know.  Brennan may still have the clearance (at least until it expires), but he has no ‘need to know’.  As the head of the Executive Branch, Trump is the ultimate classification authority.  He has the power to decide.

Link Posted: 7/30/2020 8:09:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 8:12:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Why the hell would anyone not in current employment have access to classified. That should be shut down as soon as they mention they are leaving.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 8:14:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Might have something to do with two middle eastern guys paying him off on live TV...

Watch John Bolton Take A Bribe And Then Raise His Eyebrows After Pocketing It ! WATCH CLOSELY!

Interesting, knowing he was also seen in Qatar back in January

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/video-former-national-security-adviser-john-bolton-caught-in-qatar/

EDIT: I guess I'm still asleep and read the title as John Bolton
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 8:15:49 AM EDT
[#36]
How in the fuck did we end up with a CIA director that admits on the record that he voted for a Communist for President?

Aside from the the whole "voting for a communist" thing, it's proof that he's too fucking stupid to be trusted with anything of importance.

Link Posted: 7/30/2020 8:19:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
How in the fuck did we end up with a CIA director that admits on the record that he voted for a Communist for President?

Aside from the the whole "voting for a communist" thing, it's proof that he's too fucking stupid to be trusted with anything of importance.

View Quote

Somewhat related to this entire subject.......question........does this supposed prosecutor named Bulldog Durham really exist?

Or is he a "Q" like form of life???
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 8:24:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
Because Joe McCarthy was right, in fact he was understating the problem.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 8:28:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Somewhat related to this entire subject.......question........does this supposed prosecutor named Bulldog Durham really exist?

Or is he a "Q" like form of life???
View Quote

They're all useless.  There's an "code" at the upper echelons of our government - no matter the crime or the political differences (if real political differences even exist at that level), you never ... ever ..., prosecute a fellow political elite.  That way each side knows that no matter what temporary political flip is currently in play, none of them will ever personally have to face any real consequences of their actions.

There's a set of rules and penalties in our world, and no rules and no penalties in theirs.

Once you make it to a certain level in the government, you'll never be called to account for the things you do.  

It's really the only rule you can count on to almost never be violated by our upper levels of government.  

Link Posted: 7/30/2020 8:29:02 AM EDT
[#40]
He was back to back Making Shit Up Champion in 15-16.  He’ll finish his memoir just fine.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 8:30:46 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
That took far too long.
View Quote

Help me understand why this was not done on his last day his clearance was not longer needed.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 8:31:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
That took far too long.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 8:32:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

They're all useless.  There's an "code" at the upper echelons of our government - no matter the crime or the political differences (if real political differences even exist at that level), you never ... ever ..., prosecute a fellow political elite.  That way each side knows that no matter what temporary political flip is currently in play, none of them will ever personally have to face any real consequences of their actions.

There's a set of rules and penalties in our world, and no rules and no penalties in theirs.

Once you make it to a certain level in the government, you'll never be called to account for the things you do.  

It's really the only rule you can count on to almost never be violated by our upper levels of government.  

View Quote

We are in TOTAL agreement.

"Bulldog Durham".........I mean, come on now elites.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 8:32:34 AM EDT
[#44]
Why would a "former" CIA Director still have access to anything after they left the job?

A "former" should lose all access.  Especially those who are high up in the chain because they could do the most damage.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 8:40:02 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
"The White House confirmed the directive was being enforced, which is news considering the New York Times reported in May of last year that the president never revoked Brennan's security clearance."

This sentence clearly demonstrates the media's confusion over access to classified info.  Having a security clearance does not permit you to just go in and start looking at stuff.  If you don't have a need to know, then you don't need to access it.  Members of the Clinton / Obama cabal never seemed to grasp this simple rule, and have always treated classified info with a very cavalier attitude
View Quote

Ever hear of Vault 7? Apparently Brennan’s CIA treated classified material the same as the Clinton’s.

Brennan needs to be renditioned to Algeria...
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 8:41:10 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Good. FJB.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/30/2020 8:45:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Why would a "former" CIA Director still have access to anything after they left the job?

A "former" should lose all access.  Especially those who are high up in the chain because they could do the most damage.
View Quote

No clearances for former employees, if they must have classified material then they should fill out a request for the material and have it reviewed before giving access.

FJB with a cactus.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 9:01:44 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 9:02:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
That took far too long.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/30/2020 9:22:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

This is normal
View Quote

But how will this colossal asshole write his self-aggrandizing memoirs now?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top