BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 10:22:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The seriousness?  The dude didn't run from police and he didn't deny what he had done.  Give him a big ass fine and move on.
View Quote
Seeing Criminal Idiots causing Chaos by trying to flee from the Police daily here in Texas, I'd say the guy pulled over, admitted his guilt.  Pay the Fine, maybe a bried suspension of license and then let's get on to punishing REAL Criminals...

Also was trying to G.T.F.O. Gary Indiana at night so can't blame him for Pedal to the Metal on that!
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 10:25:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Should be no speed limits after 2am on the freeways. That way you can easily target the drunks that are going exactly the normal speed limit.
View Quote
Here they are going either TWICE the speed limit zigzagging between cars in traffic (dumbasses) or HALF the speed limit with traffic zig-zagging around them... (the REALLY Drunks!)
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 10:27:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It’s a good thing my Guardian Angels could fly faster than I could.
I never outran them, but I sure tried hard.

Never got caught either
View Quote
I think my Guardians Angels were fitted with Dual J-79s on Afterburners to keep up with me in my young & dumb days...

Miracle I'm still alive...
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 10:29:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My pants moved at Ruf 993...

I may, or may not have approached that velocity in my 997.1TT with 68mm turbos.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I did a round trip from Montreal to Nashville last week in my supercharged 2005 Mustang GT.
I drove the whole trip between 80-90 mph for the most part. I got a ticket in Kentucky doing 91 in a 70.
$60.00 for speeding and $134.00 for court costs.
He told me that if I never planned to come back to Kentucky I could just not pay it and put it up on my wall.
I told him it doesn't even make the top 5.
Highest speed attained during the trip was over 130 on a deserted stretch of highway at night.

I've been caught doing 124/55 in 1988 the cop dropped it to 84. He also caught the 4 other bikes that were traveling in a pack ahead of me. He dropped it to 84mph.
When I went to see the judge he dropped it to 65. It cost me $60 and no points.

The fastest I've ever gotten the Mustang was 165mph racing a twin turbo Ford GT.

The fastest I've ever been on the street (not driving) was 190mph in a Ruf 993 CTR narrow body.
My pants moved at Ruf 993...

I may, or may not have approached that velocity in my 997.1TT with 68mm turbos.
My buddy bought it in 1997 when his client (my boss at the time)  bought out his company and gave him a 10 year contract to run it.

Lost contact with my buddy years ago after he retired.
I ran into a mutual friend several weeks ago who says my buddy got rid of the Porsche last fall and isn’t doing well physically.
This is a guy who would cross country ski all winter and windsurf and cycle all summer.

I need to get back in touch with him before it’s too late.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 10:34:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
He still didn't get close to the top speed of the Hellcat.
View Quote
Troof. THIS is how it's done, son.

Except for that whole "running out of gas" bit

Dodge Hellcat Outruns Chopper in Houston Police Chase! Driver Almost Makes it
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 10:37:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I know you can hear me, Kowalski..
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 10:48:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMxjFTtTquc
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He still didn't get close to the top speed of the Hellcat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMxjFTtTquc
Gas is a complication.  IIRC the Demon will empty its tank in 11 minutes at full throttle.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 10:57:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Gas is a complication.  IIRC the Demon will empty its tank in 11 minutes at full throttle.
View Quote
Hellcat takes a little longer. 13 minutes.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 11:19:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
There is caselaw from a nearby state (I think Supreme Court case maybe?) that should be in the same district/whatever you call it that specifically says, "speed alone doesn't constitute reckless driving."

Hopefully his lawyer is aware of that.
View Quote
That was here in Nebraska a few years ago .
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top