BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 1:11:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I own I cannot find the clip(s) I am looking for.  There are worse judges.  I personally am not convinced Napolitano is hard core 2a.  I would take him, certainly, over Kagan, wise latina or RBG.

ETA:  I knew what your point was....I am pissed I cannot find the clip I was looking for.    I turned your point back on you out of irritation with myself speaking before I had the hard evidence I remember.

My point was I accept you don't have to believe me.  I still think when it comes to nut cutting Napolitano is soft and not hard core.  Maybe I am wrong.
View Quote
From what I know of him, I would take Napolitano over Roberts and Kavanaugh as well.  He might be the closest living figure I can think of to Scalia, to be honest.  But I might be ignorant about it as I haven't watched him actively for 3 or 4 years.

I only got through about 100 pages of his book "It's Dangerous to be Right when the Government is Wrong" on my trip to Australia, but what I read of it was brilliant.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 1:15:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok, that's a shocker!
View Quote
I understand what you are saying, but in truth that sort of attitude is VERY out of the norm for speakers of his level and even much higher.  Enough so that it is an anomaly still remembered and talked about even years later when speakers are the topic du jour.  It stood out that much.

Go to the 47 minute mark of this and compare that attitude to that of Mattis recently.

STAFF: Sir, we have time for one more question.

MATTIS: How about if we take more than one more. The general gave me permission earlier-and remember, I don’t have stress, I create it, so no problem. So let’s play another question or two here.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 1:21:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

From what I know of him, I would take Napolitano over Roberts and Kavanaugh as well.  He might be the closest living figure I can think of to Scalia, to be honest.  But I might be ignorant about it as I haven't watched him actively for 3 or 4 years.

I only got through about 100 pages of his book "It's Dangerous to be Right when the Government is Wrong" on my trip to Australia, but what I read of it was brilliant.
View Quote
Without proof, I will say I have seen SOME mixed messages at time going back tot he Obammy admin.  That leads me to believe he is not hard core.  But again I have no proof so that makes me a douche nozzle.  I am tired of searching youtube and need to get on to other things.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 1:25:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Dude is Knucklehead.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 1:29:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Without proof, I will say I have seen SOME mixed messages at time going back tot he Obammy admin.  That leads me to believe he is not hard core.  But again I have no proof so that makes me a douche nozzle.  I am tired of searching youtube and need to get on to other things.
View Quote
I know these feelings well
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 1:31:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 1:34:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Damnit, that made me actually crack open a Sam Adams Winter Lager.  Cheers!

I love owning my own business
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 1:45:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Could well be the partner of Shep Smith.
View Quote
Both figuratively, and LITERALLY.......
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 4:03:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Listened to his opinion on this. Just can't help but think about same situation with John Edwards.  They charged him with campaign finance violations for paying off girlfriend.  He was never convicted.  Don't see how Trump situation different. Guess main difference here is that situation involves Trump.
View Quote
@triggerM

John Edwards used donated money to his campaign for the payoffs in the amount of millions.  Its nothing like Trump writing a check to his attorney from his personal account for reimbursements.  They aren't even close to being the same.  One is theft of $2m from donations and one is possibly inaccurately reporting $300k in a campaign contributions you made to your own campaign.

Many legal scholars have said that what Trump did is defensible if its protecting his brand.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 4:18:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

@triggerM

John Edwards used donated money to his campaign for the payoffs in the amount of millions.  Its nothing like Trump writing a check to his attorney from his personal account for reimbursements.  They aren't even close to being the same.  One is theft of $2m from donations and one is possibly inaccurately reporting $300k in a campaign contributions you made to your own campaign.

Many legal scholars have said that what Trump did is defensible if its protecting his brand.
View Quote
And what about the broads asking for money or they'll torpedo his election, that's cool? Sounds like extortion.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 4:30:51 PM EDT
[#11]
I remember seeing him on The O'Reilly Factor a few years ago as a guest and he said (I paraphrase) "nobody needs an assault weapon". FJN..
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 6:05:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
He’s always seemed very anti-gun to me
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 6:22:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I understand what you are saying, but in truth that sort of attitude is VERY out of the norm for speakers of his level and even much higher.  Enough so that it is an anomaly still remembered and talked about even years later when speakers are the topic du jour.  It stood out that much.

Go to the 47 minute mark of this and compare that attitude to that of Mattis recently.

STAFF: Sir, we have time for one more question.

MATTIS: How about if we take more than one more. The general gave me permission earlier-and remember, I don’t have stress, I create it, so no problem. So let’s play another question or two here.
View Quote
He comes across as a jovial paisan on Varney!  It's a shock to hear he's such a schmuck...
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top