Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/19/2022 5:19:58 PM EDT
Sig won the lawsuit, because there was not enough evidence to prove Sig was aware of the Roscommon incident prior to the lawsuit. However the lawsuit proves there is evidence of P320's discharging while holstered and not being manipulated.
the video shows Richardson sitting in his cruiser on a highway before attempting to help a stranded motorist, with the officer having his holstered P320 pistol suddenly fire as he attempts to exit his vehicle.
View Quote

The strongest evidence introduced at trial that SIG Sauer knew or should have known that the P320 could potentially fire without an intentional trigger pull is the Roscommon incident," McCafferty wrote in the ruling. "However, there was no evidence introduced at trial to show that SIG Sauer was aware of the Roscommon incident at the relevant time: in December 2016, when Guay purchased his P320 in reliance upon the advertisement.
View Quote

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/judge-sides-sig-sauer-accidental-shooting-lawsuit
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 5:34:32 PM EDT
[#1]
If their gun went off by itself, in the holster, without being manipulated, they deserved to be sued, and they deserved to lose.

Their cutsomer deserves a payday..
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 5:39:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 5:41:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
However the lawsuit proves there is evidence of P320's discharging while holstered and not being manipulated.
View Quote

I don't think it does, not a lawyer but the Judge's wording seems to say that this incident was the only possible evidence and it wasn't known to SIG, therefore the basis for the suit is invalid. That doesn't mean it does or doesn't go off, or that this incident does or does not show it happening, just that this was the only potential evidence and it can't be used for the claim that was submitted.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 5:41:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Was it established that this was a pre-fix 320 that wasn't sent in for the recall or before the recall happened?
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 5:42:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Boogerpicker+bangswitch= Oh dear.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 5:42:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Sigleg
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 5:42:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If their gun went off by itself, in the holster, without being manipulated, they deserved to be sued, and they deserved to lose.

Their cutsomer deserves a payday..
View Quote

Yeah. That’s really bad. At least now we know for certain that the p320 did go off on its own. All the people who said otherwise were wrong.

My question is, did they (sig) fix the issue? Or is this still an issue?
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 5:47:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 5:47:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Sig is trash.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 5:55:43 PM EDT
[#10]
It’s almost like sig is trash
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 5:57:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 5:58:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Happened to a cop here in Milwaukee recently.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 5:59:26 PM EDT
[#13]
So it went off on its own through no fault of the operator then sig is at fault for pushing a faulty product. That judges ruling is retarded.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 5:59:48 PM EDT
[#14]
How about NOW? Do they know now? Or will they keep making the same argument for each suit? "really?! we didnt know"..

p.s. Have they fixed the problem yet?
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 6:00:42 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm glad I'm not a Sig Sucker ho has to deal with premature ejaculation.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 6:01:05 PM EDT
[#16]
wait, a company is not responsible for a defective design unless they know about it first?
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 6:03:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 6:03:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Reinforces my personal belief that plastic SIGS are an abomination to the Lord.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 6:08:45 PM EDT
[#19]
There was a video out there on Youtube that I think has been since taken down where the guy goes into detail on how these guns still fire when bumped. IIRC the safeties require just the slightest amount of movement to disengage that minimal debris even lint can build up and then when bumped, because the striker is fully cocked it releases the sear.

Who would have thought that taking the failed DAO action of the P250 and then forcing it into a striker fired gun and then lying and saying it's nothing like the P250 but a whole new design.. that they would have ANY issues at all.

I used to LOVE Sig Sauer. I don't like Sig USA at all.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 6:10:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Will this go like the last time?

Our guns are perfect and don't go off by themselves and anyone who says otherwise is a big meanie.

Insert internet doing their thing.

Okay okay okay, you're all right. Our guns do go off by themselves but good news while we were lying to you we were also working on a fix.

Link Posted: 9/19/2022 6:14:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Fuck Sigs (and Glocks too)
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 6:16:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
There was a video out there on Youtube that I think has been since taken down where the guy goes into detail on how these guns still fire when bumped. IIRC the safeties require just the slightest amount of movement to disengage that minimal debris even lint can build up and then when bumped, because the striker is fully cocked it releases the sear.

Who would have thought that taking the failed DAO action of the P250 and then forcing it into a striker fired gun and then lying and saying it's nothing like the P250 but a whole new design.. that they would have ANY issues at all.

View Quote

The p250 and p320 internals are nothing alike. The empty fcu is similar, but that's it. The 250 is dao hammer fired and the 320 is sao striker fired.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 6:19:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Will this go like the last time?

Our guns are perfect and don't go off by themselves and anyone who says otherwise is a big meanie.

Insert internet doing their thing.

Okay okay okay, you're all right. Our guns do go off by themselves but good news while we were lying to you we were also working on a fix.

View Quote

Gotta go back in time to when "The P320 isn't a reengineering of the failed P250 but an all new design!"
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 6:19:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Fuck Sigs (and Glocks too)
View Quote

At least Glock has three passive safeties.

Link Posted: 9/19/2022 6:19:45 PM EDT
[#25]
There was no evidence produced that said the gun was unsafe.

All the judge said was that the plaintiffs main piece of evidence was not seen by Sig until 3 years after the plaintiffs incident occurred.

Link Posted: 9/19/2022 6:22:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The p250 and p320 internals are nothing alike. The empty fcu is similar, but that's it. The 250 is dao hammer fired and the 320 is sao striker fired.
View Quote

This dude literally turned his P250 into a P320. The only difference in the FCU is they had to remove a little bit of material and drill some holes as you would expect for a reengineered design.

There is a reason the P320 looks like there should be a hammer and the bore axis is so high.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 6:23:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Another Cop with Sigleg. The Sig P320 design appears to be flawed if there are once again new issues. How many of these things did Big Army buy again?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q8coRUe8sc
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 6:24:46 PM EDT
[#28]
There's plenty of talk about the video, yet nobody is showing it to the public.
I remain skeptical of the accusations.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 6:26:59 PM EDT
[#29]
See! I told y'all it can happen!!!

-Alec Baldwin
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 6:27:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Is there a solenoid/actuator in my 320 somewhere that pulls the triggers while it’s sitting untouched in a holster?

I’ve dropped and beat the shit out of mine and it hasn’t gone off. Do I need the solenoid replaced?
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 6:29:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Is there a solenoid/actuator in my 320 somewhere that pulls the triggers while it’s sitting untouched in a holster?

I’ve dropped and beat the shit out of mine and it hasn’t gone off. Do I need the solenoid replaced?
View Quote

Ticking time bomb
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 6:32:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

This dude literally turned his P250 into a P320. The only difference in the FCU is they had to remove a little bit of material and drill some holes as you would expect for a reengineered design.

There is a reason the P320 looks like there should be a hammer and the bore axis is so high.
View Quote

You're leaving out the part where all the small parts are different. You've worked on both yourself in person though and that's how you know this. You definitely do have to drill some different holes in the fcu, but that's nowhere near the whole process.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 6:46:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

You're leaving out the part where all the small parts are different. You've worked on both yourself in person though and that's how you know this. You definitely do have to drill some different holes in the fcu, but that's nowhere near the whole process.
View Quote

My post was that the P320 is a reengineered P250 which I think you just agreed to, not that they use different parts. Of course they do.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 6:47:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
There was no evidence produced that said the gun was unsafe.

All the judge said was that the plaintiffs main piece of evidence was not seen by Sig until 3 years after the plaintiffs incident occurred.

View Quote

shhh, the jerk has started.  it will just have to run its natural course.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 6:50:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
See! I told y'all it can happen!!!

-Alec Baldwin
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/19/2022 6:51:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Is there a solenoid/actuator in my 320 somewhere that pulls the triggers while it's sitting untouched in a holster?

I've dropped and beat the shit out of mine and it hasn't gone off. Do I need the solenoid replaced?
View Quote
This. It's been my duty gun for 4 years.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 6:53:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is my p365 safe?
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 6:54:11 PM EDT
[#38]
If a gun can malfunction because it has not been cleaned - whose fault is that.  If they put an 8lb trigger in it - would we complain more?
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 6:56:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hey now, the last production P250s were nice with about an 8lb pull. My mother in law asked to borrow mine a decade ago. She still hasn't given it back.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 6:57:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

My post was that the P320 is a reengineered P250 which I think you just agreed to, not that they use different parts. Of course they do.
View Quote

They sort of share a housing and even that's not drop in. It can be modified to work. Other than that they operate totally differently. And the issue at hand here is possibly caused by the p320 operating system, which again shares nothing with the p250.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 6:58:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Is my p365 safe?
View Quote

P365 is a completely different design
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 7:00:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 7:01:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Another Cop with Sigleg. The Sig P320 design appears to be flawed if there are once again new issues. How many of these things did Big Army buy again?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q8coRUe8sc
View Quote
Video is five years old.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 7:05:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Some inside the pants holsters I wear in the small of my back will flip topside out and the barrel is pointed directly my lower spine IF the pants or shorts are loose (when getting up from a seated position, sometimes the rails on the back of a chair will do it). I was just thinking about this the other day - what if the pistol went off! I usually carry a Px4SC which is a double/single with hammer drop de-cock safety plus it has a firing pin block. But, I have a lot of small short barreled striker fired pistols like a Taurus GX4, S&W Shield Plus, etc.. I was considering a Sig as well.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 7:06:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Is my p365 safe?
View Quote

No idea, haven't done anything with them. I haven't heard any problems though, except the strikers breaking. That was an early problem and i believe has been dealt with.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 7:06:56 PM EDT
[#46]
So the plaintiff claims he was playing with his holstered pistol and it fired, and his main evidence supporting his claim was a video of a cop exiting his cruiser and his P320 firing?

Seems like rock solid proof to me. That's why it happens all the time at USPSA matches and in classes after all.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 7:17:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

At least Glock has three passive safeties.

View Quote

Which didn't help at all in the early 1990s when Glocks went kapow without having anyone press the trigger.

Guy at our department had one go bang while fully secured in a Safariland Model 070 level three retention holster while parked at the station.

ETA: Fortunately for Glock, the internet didn't exist.  Glock also pioneered the "upgrade" euphemism for "recall".

ETA2: I'm still a Glock guy.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 7:30:53 PM EDT
[#48]
So as long as I don't know that I really fucked something up I'm not liable????

Link Posted: 9/19/2022 7:31:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
So the plaintiff claims he was playing with his holstered pistol and it fired, and his main evidence supporting his claim was a video of a cop exiting his cruiser and his P320 firing?

Seems like rock solid proof to me. That's why it happens all the time at USPSA matches and in classes after all.
View Quote

Or was it the holster?
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 7:36:09 PM EDT
[#50]
I still haven't seen the video.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top