Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 6:26:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone else find it weird as fuck that they have a statue of shiva the god of destruction in front of the cern headquarters building

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/127639/D30A9CB5-911E-42A8-AE83-753362843383_jpe-2439237.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/2/2022 6:28:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

When said organization's claim to fame is running a machine that smashes things into whatever's smaller than "pieces", just so they can precisely measure how big the pieces are, where they bounced to, and thereby add to the sum of human knowledge?

The whole point of CERN is creation through destruction.  Shiva strikes me as incredibly appropriate.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone else find it weird as fuck that they have a statue of shiva the god of destruction in front of the cern headquarters building

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/127639/D30A9CB5-911E-42A8-AE83-753362843383_jpe-2439237.JPG

When said organization's claim to fame is running a machine that smashes things into whatever's smaller than "pieces", just so they can precisely measure how big the pieces are, where they bounced to, and thereby add to the sum of human knowledge?

The whole point of CERN is creation through destruction.  Shiva strikes me as incredibly appropriate.

What about the creepy dance festival they did at the opening?
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 6:29:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I started working on the Higgs in 2007 as an undergraduate research assistant. Got pretty good at it and my advisor was middle management at CMS for the Higgs groups so I got lucky. Went to Grad school in 2009 and quickly became the most senior grad student working on the Higgs to 4 lepton channel because of the "oopsie" in 2008 which forced the older grad students waiting on data to graduate to switch back to Tevatron data. I worked my ass off for the next few years and became a player in the Higgs to 4 lepton group at CERN. I was basically the lead analyst for our university since I had been doing it longer than our postdocs. Professors think deep thoughts but don't usually do much of the coding, etc. There are some exceptions. Anyways, I participated in the writing of the discovery paper because of this and there was only like 5-10 of us plus the spokespersons out of 4k in the collaboration so that was pretty cool. After that I bet my career that they wouldn't find anything else new at the LHC in the next 30 years and moved on the become a staff member at a national lab doing things that are more like out of the 1950s but I get to blow shit up which is always fun no matter how you slice it. Many of us were pretty burned out after 2012. Working 20 hours a day for 6 months every year wears on you. I had my 264 page thesis written by 2013 and graduated as soon as I could which was basically 4.5 years.
View Quote

National Lab, huh? Wouldn’t per chance be in New Mexico would it?
I’ve got a relative who just retired, worked in the same kind of field. Wonder if you two have met.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 6:30:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It was designed for 14TeV. They hit 13TeV in the las run but we were told after the "oopsie" in 2008 that they would never run all the way up to 14TeV because of the issues with the magnets. They must be getting much more confident in their operations. The CERN machine guys are the best in the world (sorry LB ). Plus they need to get more energy to rule out more SUSY models which they'll be doing for the next 2 decades.
View Quote

So glad you’re still around. I think about you and your family every so often
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 6:31:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

National Lab, huh? Wouldn't per chance be in New Mexico would it?
I've got a relative who just retired, worked in the same kind of field. Wonder if you two have met.
View Quote
Maybe . If they were at LANL recently I probably know them.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 6:33:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Interesting, yeah it was recently. They were somewhat high up the totem pole.
Pretty cool.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 6:34:48 PM EDT
[#7]
ill be your first line of defense against headcrabs. im litteraly a couple of miles from there
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 6:36:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I started working on the Higgs in 2007 as an undergraduate research assistant. Got pretty good at it and my advisor was middle management at CMS for the Higgs groups so I got lucky. Went to Grad school in 2009 and quickly became the most senior grad student working on the Higgs to 4 lepton channel because of the "oopsie" in 2008 which forced the older grad students waiting on data to graduate to switch back to Tevatron data. I worked my ass off for the next few years and became a player in the Higgs to 4 lepton group at CERN. I was basically the lead analyst for our university since I had been doing it longer than our postdocs. Professors think deep thoughts but don't usually do much of the coding, etc. There are some exceptions. Anyways, I participated in the writing of the discovery paper because of this and there was only like 5-10 of us plus the spokespersons out of 4k in the collaboration so that was pretty cool. After that I bet my career that they wouldn't find anything else new at the LHC in the next 30 years and moved on the become a staff member at a national lab doing things that are more like out of the 1950s but I get to blow shit up which is always fun no matter how you slice it. Many of us were pretty burned out after 2012. Working 20 hours a day for 6 months every year wears on you. I had my 264 page thesis written by 2013 and graduated as soon as I could which was basically 4.5 years.
View Quote

Like los alamos and Y12 or some cooler?
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 6:38:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I worked on some vacuum screws for that bitch years ago. Cool screws.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 6:43:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Pretty cool.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty cool.
Then I probably knew/know them. PM me and I'll let you know.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 6:45:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The last time they tried this Trump was elected. After this expect to see president Alex Jones
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 6:45:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It seems like everything really started to go to shit right around the first time they started that thing up...
It was either the hardon collider or Obama, I'm not really sure which.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/2/2022 6:46:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This is the way, the way of the gun
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/2/2022 6:48:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Is is going to knock us deeper into the Clown Universe?
View Quote
If they can generate enough honkler energy, this may shift the timeline enough to pull us out of Clown Universe.  Pray for their success.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 6:50:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I know . Has he been here at all after his wife died?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@MrHiggs

I know . Has he been here at all after his wife died?

He’s posted a few times since.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 6:52:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Outcome of experiment:
ERROR , HUMAN IS DEAD MISMATCH

View Quote

I understood that reference
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 6:54:24 PM EDT
[#17]

Yes please, we have been waiting Half-Life 3
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 6:55:45 PM EDT
[#18]
just like 99% of people who could not fathom the creation of the atomic bomb when it was being created

they are most definitely up to something beyond the cover story

Link Posted: 7/2/2022 7:11:05 PM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 7/2/2022 7:11:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
just like 99% of people who could not fathom the creation of the atomic bomb when it was being created

they are most definitely up to something beyond the cover story

View Quote

You mean beyond Quantum Physics?
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 7:11:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Be nice if it incinerated Switzerland..
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 7:29:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 7:35:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
One of my best friends from growing up is one of their leading scientists. He assured me nothing terrible will happen, then he went on for a hour about stuff I don't even understand.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/2/2022 7:37:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

How do you think we got here in the first place?
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 7:38:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 7:40:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Antimatter. It's a thing...Or isn't it?
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 7:45:58 PM EDT
[#27]

Hope they drive their Ferrari on the way to start it up.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 7:51:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes

That's what it is. The discoveries could fundamentally change everything. Enormous, cheap energy, communications, electrical engineering, anything involving physics or chemistry... on and on... look at MrHiggs posts earlier
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 7:52:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

That's what it is. The discoveries could fundamentally change everything. Enormous, cheap energy, communications, electrical engineering, anything involving physics or chemistry... on and on... look at MrHiggs posts earlier
View Quote

And TNT and the machinegun were developed to end war....look how that worked out

Or whatever
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 8:00:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'm ready for increased Mandela effect changes to the timeline.
View Quote

This or clown world intensifying…

My money’s on clown shit going up to 11
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 8:10:30 PM EDT
[#31]
as i said 99% of people can't fathom what they're doing

that includes any theories post here

Link Posted: 7/2/2022 8:14:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol….
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 8:20:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Lol….
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol….

yawn
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 8:22:37 PM EDT
[#34]

the unmedicated and the supermedicated on twitter are not doing so well on this. They didn't have enough time to protest.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 8:27:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 8:29:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'm surprised this got built with all the scientists shooting it out in Chicago each day
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/2/2022 8:30:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
It's a conspiracy to change space and time to let in the lizard people.
View Quote

And they are going to do it by smacking hard ons together. Crazy euros.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 8:31:26 PM EDT
[#38]

Hahahahahaha.  That's great!
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 8:33:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

And they are going to do it by smacking hard ons together. Crazy euros.
View Quote
Not just any hard ons, it's both Barry and Mike Obama smashing their hard ons into each other.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 9:23:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

And seeing your join date I’m going to assume you have no clue who at least one of the posters in this thread is.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 9:33:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The first pic is ATLAS before most of the detectors were installed. Probably circa 2005. Those are magnets for their muon system which are on the outer region of what's shown there. They create a toroidal field opposite of their inner tracker so they can change the direction of the muon to confirm it is in fact a muon and not something else that made it all the way through
View Quote

Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 9:38:38 PM EDT
[#42]
It's gonna be Putin's fault anyways
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 9:51:40 PM EDT
[#43]
this is how you get a superhero or a super villian...

if suddenly you are reliving  the last 5 min of your life again, you'll know why.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 10:00:00 PM EDT
[#44]
I wonder how big a flash and noise it makes when the particles collide. Has there ever been a camera mounted somewhere in the room when it happened?
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 10:00:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Anatoli Bugorski: The Man Who Stuck His Head Inside a Particle Accelerator

As a researcher at the Institute for High Energy Physics in Protvino, Russia, Anatoli Bugorski worked with the largest particle accelerator in the Soviet Union, the U-70 synchrotron.[3] On 13 July 1978, Bugorski was checking a malfunctioning piece of equipment when the safety mechanisms failed. Bugorski was leaning over the equipment when he stuck his head in the path of the 76 GeV proton beam. Reportedly, he saw a flash "brighter than a thousand suns" but did not feel any pain.[1] The beam passed through the back of his head, the occipital and temporal lobes of his brain, the left middle ear, and out through the left hand side of his nose. The exposed parts of his head received a local dose of 200,000 to 300,000 roentgens.[3] Bugorski understood the severity of what had happened, but continued working on the malfunctioning equipment, and initially opted not to tell anyone what had happened.

link
View Quote

??
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 10:01:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Probably
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 10:04:39 PM EDT
[#47]
So this is how the next Global Extinction Event gets started.
I always figured it would have been an asteroid impact or something not man made.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 10:09:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

What about the creepy dance festival they did at the opening?
View Quote

You've got me there.  Quite a lot of unsettling bullshit with their Grand reopening.  

(Waiting for Charlie Stross to stick it in a Laundry Files novel as subtext, it was that weird.  CASE NIGHTMARE GREEN got delayed a year to avoid the Grand Planetary Conjunctions, which otherwise would have given the critters at the bottom of the Mandelbrot Set too much power to overcome?  Sure.)

Though I think it's just simply a case of:  the people who are in decision-making capacities in a place like that, have cultural worldviews that love shitting on Christianity, while lacking the balls to do anything similar with Mohammed.

But the bit about Shiva?  Destroying things, while learning and creating something new from the wreckage, is what they do.  The LHC destroys nuclei more thoroughly than any other man made process destroys anything.  And people like Mr. Higgs get to learn from it
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 10:19:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

The disturbances we are experiencing presently can be directly attributed to the effects of Clownian motion...
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 10:23:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

So what you're saying is, the elites are making portals for the interdimensional pedophile vampires to step through into the physical plane?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In the Hindu religion, this form of the dancing Lord Shiva is known as the Nataraj and symbolises Shakti, or life force. As a plaque alongside the statue explains, the belief is that Lord Shiva danced the Universe into existence, motivates it, and will eventually extinguish it. Carl Sagan drew the metaphor between the cosmic dance of the Nataraj and the modern study of the 'cosmic dance' of subatomic particles.

The statue was made in India. The original sculpture was a wax model, around which a soil mould was made. Melting the wax left a hollow into which liquid metal was poured. Once cooled, the mould was split and the statue polished and given its antique finish.
The statue is on permanent display in the square between buildings 39 and 40, a short distance from the Main Building.

So what you're saying is, the elites are making portals for the interdimensional pedophile vampires to step through into the physical plane?

I saw that movie.  Sort of.  They didn't go after kids, per se.

My God, Mathilde May was about as hot as any woman I've seen in any movie, at any time.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top