Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
More surprising is it didn't crash when you saw it
View Quote

We dont crash that often actually.

Unlike Ospreys.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 10:36:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Used to watch them as a kid in HI, they slung big kettles under them, dipped them in the Pacific and dumped them on the mountain burning behind the house during the dry season, pretty cool. Guess I cheated my kids by raising them in the Midwest...
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 10:39:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Used to watch them as a kid in HI, they slung big kettles under them, dipped them in the Pacific and dumped them on the mountain burning behind the house during the dry season, pretty cool. Guess I cheated my kids by raising them in the Midwest...
View Quote

We can lift a 17,000lb bucket of water for firefighting.

For scale, 17,000lbs is what a Blackhawk/Seahwawk weighs.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 10:39:11 PM EDT
[#5]
They are not doing a reboot on the movie: The Losers.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 10:45:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thank you. Homestead Reserve Base is due south of Miami, so there may be some association there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There is a Florida National Guard unit that has Chinooks.

Thank you. Homestead Reserve Base is due south of Miami, so there may be some association there.

I'm just a few miles from the base and on their approach pattern. I see F16's and C130 every day. Have twice seen a squad of F22's. Saw an AWAC yesterday and maybe once a week a refueler flying. Think I've only seen a chinook once. I love living by the base and getting to hear freedom fly over daily.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 11:07:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Friar James, Friar James 
Are you sleeping? Are you sleeping? 

Twister Long

Out
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top