Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 9/14/2019 5:47:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Google "Colt LE6920 FBP1", same model number on the box...
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Colt Forum discussion

Seems I learn something everyday
MAP was $1300 in 2016. Plus shipping and local FFL transfer add $50.

It caught your eye locally in 2019 and you bought it. That’s one more AR owner on our side.

for the find. Enjoy and I hope it starts a trend.

for kool kid comebacks. I hope it sets a trend.
Link Posted: 9/14/2019 5:52:20 PM EDT
[#2]
OP.....

This may interest you.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/14/2019 8:18:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Lol
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is a NIB 2013 production over-run from a Colt FBI contract.  Minimal collector value, and not worth the premium I paid.

However, it's my rifle.  In this country, simply being able to say that held a sense of gravity.  Now it appears we have a flock of self-righteous dollar-minded pansies floating about.

You have not the forbearance even to understand your shame, such children are you.  Reason is beyond your ken.

On a random purchase by myself.

How many of you ***wipes could claim to have done better to have walked home with a rifle with a better story than this on a fine Wednesday morning?
Lol
Hey, when you cant fund someone to blow you, might as well blow yourself.
Link Posted: 9/14/2019 8:25:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
OP: Do you believe it wise to post your firearm's serial numbers in a public forum?
View Quote
Itll just go back to the FBI.
Link Posted: 9/14/2019 8:34:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I said it's on order, delivery expected February from Nautlius Dry Docks.  I came across this as a possible hobby I would have interest in six months before I retired last January.  Knowing now Bob's backlog of work, I wish I had placed my order then.  He's finishing up a 1/48th scale OHIO class sub, having shoulder surgery, then my boat goes on the bench late October or early November.  Below is the quote on options I wanted added to the Type VII in 1/48th scale (55" length):

- Deluxe RC buildup - 1/48 scale German Type VII
- base buildup, paint, weather, test and trim:
- 2.5" SubDriver - four servo outputs - rudder, rear planes, front planes, spare servo output
- pitch controller - failsafe unit - FM radio transmitter
Options:
- Actuating torpedo doors
- 2 functioning torpedo tubes with 4 operational torpedoes
- sound module
- LED lighting
- hardpoints for video camera mounting
- functional hatches
- emergency gas backup
- standalone HD video recorder

Total Price: $7,240

Bob Martin owns Nautilus Dry Docks, and each of his boats are museum-quality pieces just as display items.  Below are 2 videos that show an over-all assembly of major components, then a wet test of final project for a previous customer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K1PV4fTjFw&t=109s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QXtD943ZzI&t=125s

I have 5 ponds w/in a 10-20 minute walk from my door, or a two minute drive w/ das boot in back of my jeep.  Already found 2 good launch points:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/60379/20190914_084439_jpg-1089713.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/60379/20190914_084654_jpg-1089714.JPG
View Quote
Odd.

Seems like you live in the same type neighborhood as bob does.

Or are these screen caps from one of his videos.

Maiden Voyage of an Arkmodel German Type VII R/C Submarine
Link Posted: 9/14/2019 8:38:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I have an old 6520 for 1200, OP
Link Posted: 9/14/2019 9:12:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Google "Colt LE6920 FBP1", same model number on the box...
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/14/2019 9:15:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Odd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QXtD943ZzI
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I said it's on order, delivery expected February from Nautlius Dry Docks.  I came across this as a possible hobby I would have interest in six months before I retired last January.  Knowing now Bob's backlog of work, I wish I had placed my order then.  He's finishing up a 1/48th scale OHIO class sub, having shoulder surgery, then my boat goes on the bench late October or early November.  Below is the quote on options I wanted added to the Type VII in 1/48th scale (55" length):

- Deluxe RC buildup - 1/48 scale German Type VII
- base buildup, paint, weather, test and trim:
- 2.5" SubDriver - four servo outputs - rudder, rear planes, front planes, spare servo output
- pitch controller - failsafe unit - FM radio transmitter
Options:
- Actuating torpedo doors
- 2 functioning torpedo tubes with 4 operational torpedoes
- sound module
- LED lighting
- hardpoints for video camera mounting
- functional hatches
- emergency gas backup
- standalone HD video recorder

Total Price: $7,240

Bob Martin owns Nautilus Dry Docks, and each of his boats are museum-quality pieces just as display items.  Below are 2 videos that show an over-all assembly of major components, then a wet test of final project for a previous customer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K1PV4fTjFw&t=109s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QXtD943ZzI&t=125s

I have 5 ponds w/in a 10-20 minute walk from my door, or a two minute drive w/ das boot in back of my jeep.  Already found 2 good launch points:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/60379/20190914_084439_jpg-1089713.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/60379/20190914_084654_jpg-1089714.JPG
Odd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QXtD943ZzI
No palm trees along my pond.
Link Posted: 9/14/2019 10:24:10 PM EDT
[#9]
So is this one of the few rifles out there that legit DOES qualify for a government buy back?
Link Posted: 9/14/2019 10:35:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It appears your gun is linked to the same FBI contract over-run.  Provenance w/ mild collector value, but certainly, as with mine, better than a regular production gun.

Congrats!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
It appears your gun is linked to the same FBI contract over-run.  Provenance w/ mild collector value, but certainly, as with mine, better than a regular production gun.

Congrats!
Don't shoot that rifle, OP!  If you shoot that rifle you'll destroy the collector value.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 12:07:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Can we get an “OP is retarded” system message in on this one?
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 1:03:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 1:05:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Can we get an “OP is retarded” system message in on this one?
View Quote
Not so fast... looks like OP is legit.

Link Posted: 9/15/2019 1:32:58 AM EDT
[#14]
O.P paid to much...ok. But why does everyone got to try to clown his ass and in a shitty way? We all here cause we're into guns, so why all hate?

And fuck it...if he's got the money, it aint shit. So fuck it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 2:07:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 2:13:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Golly, all the hate.

I'm wealthy and retired.  I have a $7,200 R/C U-BOAT on order for to play with on a neighborhood 4 acre pond.

Allow me my indulgences.  No need for petty remarks!

View Quote
But do you have a freezer full of imitation crabmeat?
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 2:15:45 AM EDT
[#17]
$1500
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 2:21:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 2:29:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Is colt even worth it anymore?
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 7:03:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Dear Diary
View Quote
Wut
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 7:17:15 AM EDT
[#21]
I make more than you and have a collection of various colts I paid less than a grand a piece for (both shooters and collectors alike)

Where is your God now?
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 7:59:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Sure, if it came with an AimPoint Micro in a DD mount, an Inforce light, a CTR stock, a Hogue grip, a VTac sling, and sling swivels.
Oh yeah it didn’t. It would have been worth his purchase price if it did.

That screenshot also implies that it was a rifle configuration “approved for individual use”, NOT one issued to active agents on duty and overrun by the manufacturer.

So much bad info online, and evidently at the gun stores too.

OP just enjoy your overpriced spur-of-the-moment purchase, and STFU about how special it is. It’s a 16” 6920 with some Troy stuff on it, there’s seriously not a thing special about it unless you celebrate companies that hire people who shoot unarmed women.

Your “I’m rich so I buy what I want” stance is tired as well. There are lots of people here with more money than you and they didn’t get that way or stay that way buy making uninformed/misinformed rifle purchases that they need to justify with 10 of the same pic or buying toy boats that are more expensive than real ones.

OP, is your gas lock pinned or set screwed in place?
View Quote
Google "Colt LE 6920 FBP1"; Same model number as on box previously shown. And on receipt:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 8:36:30 AM EDT
[#23]
But the real question is did you get out and shoot it yet?  Yesterday was beautiful here, hit the range with a Colt LT6720R, 500 rounds, and my PACT III.  Good times...
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 8:38:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I make more than you and have a collection of various colts I paid less than a grand a piece for (both shooters and collectors alike)

Where is your God now?
View Quote
I'm pretty sure you're not my wealth manager, so your first claim is highly dubious.

Firearms aren't aren't the only hobby I'm willing to splurge on.

When Nitche declared G-d was dead, it was a reference to the failure of an economic system. If I recall.

With ups and downs throughout my life, G-d has never left me.  Sad for that you that such would be on your mind.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 8:51:05 AM EDT
[#25]
This thread started out amusing and the op doubling down with idiocracy was funny as hell. Now I just pity the poor bastard
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 8:57:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I evididently paid only $300 i premium from what Gun Broker was offering:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/60379/20190912_155913_jpg-1088575.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/60379/20190912_231112_jpg-1088577.JPG

Only 5 responders actually graduated from READING IS FUNDAMENTAL class.  This is a overproduction of an FBI contract gun.

From GunBroker.com:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/824181766

"The LE6920-FBP1 is not a production model offered from Colt. This was part of a contract overrun that Colt had done for the FBI. This model features flip ups sights and a 11” Troy Alpha free float rail from Troy Industries. This model is built based off the 6920 line with the added accessories approved by the FBI."

Sure, this could be cobbled together, but along with the serial number it can be linked to an FBI contract.  And your cobbled together gun can be linked to what...ambiguity?

At least the Gun Broker price for my purchase hit $1200, for a used rifle.

Most of you just like to bitch because, I suspect, you never made it to that six-figure salary post. Or if so, it was a dual income situation.  For the most part, your just hilarious in ability to not fact-check info provided, or simply deny sources provided.  Certainly, a key to your lack of success.
View Quote
I did and even in retirement both the wife and I still earn well over that every year.

What puzzles me the most is why you would want a rifle that was going to be issued to the FBI?

I see them as a rogue agency nowadays who recently tried to unseat the elected president of the USA illegally.

Personally I wouldn't pay 5 cents for that rifle.

But I see no problem with you splurging on a rifle you like...…..just the FBI rifle...….YUCK!!
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 9:01:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 9:18:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

He's trying to justify his "OMG i have a special gun" argument.
View Quote
Yep, that along with his not understanding the Colt markings/cage codes and model designations.    That Colt LT6720R I posted about just above was a limited production run of 750 made back in early 2012; Colt has done plenty of limited run/overrun models, if you like the configuration buy it and shoot it.  The 6920 variant he's picked I'd have passed on due to the use of Troy parts, but that's me.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 9:28:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Cool someone finally bought theoverpriced 6920 thats been sitting on the shelf for 6 years.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 10:14:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
This thread started out amusing and the op doubling down with idiocracy was funny as hell. Now I just pity the poor bastard
View Quote
Is this stage 5 or have we gone to stage 7?
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 10:53:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
YOU ARE NOT MY WEALTH MANAGER!

(ETA:  Sorry, OP.  I could never resist a working-class gang-bang.  You should never have started this thread in the first place.  lol)
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 10:55:04 AM EDT
[#32]
I bet it is a good shooter, but my respect for the FBI is at an all time low.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 10:58:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Cool someone finally bought theoverpriced 6920 thats been sitting on the shelf for 6 years.
View Quote
To be fair, it's something I sometimes do with my extra money, whenever it starts annoying me.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 1:00:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Google "Colt LE6920 FBP1", same model number as on the box. Receipt below:
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 2:16:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

No palm trees along my pond.  
View Quote
Prove that you didnt cut them all down.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 2:25:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

(ETA:  Sorry, OP.  I could never resist a working-class gang-bang.  You should never have started this thread in the first place.  lol)
View Quote
via Imgflip Meme Generator
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 3:26:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Never should have started a thread about buying a gun he likes? WTF is wrong with that?
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 3:35:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

He's trying to justify his "OMG i have a special gun" argument.
View Quote
Been trying to do that for six pages. Pretty insecure. Posting over and over again, the same info, as if we are the ones who don't understand what a great deal he got.

My local gun store just took in a "used", brand new base model Colt 6920. They paid the guy $400 for it, they're reselling it for $650.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 3:55:05 PM EDT
[#39]
I am just glad to see a new post that will hopefully take the place of the painfully overused but coal post...
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 5:11:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Is it a contract overrun or just a configuration based on a contract spec gun? Springfield’s Professional is an FBI configured pistol but it isn’t a contract gun. Usually government contract guns have specific serial numbers and the government usually requires manufacturers to alter the serial numbers on contract overruns before they release them for civilian sale so they can’t be associated with the contract. For example Mossberg couldn’t release overrun MILS 500 guns till they changed the serial numbers from the “US” prefix, so they added an “A”.   Pretty sure a contract M4 would’ve had a 14.5” barrel or shorter and a FBI specific serial as well as an inventory scan...
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 5:39:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Apparently with so many telling me it was not what obviously was, I was game.  5-pages of of people, withe exception of about 5 posters who were unable to use Google.

That was the hilarity of the thread![

Google "Colt LE6920 FBP1"

Link Posted: 9/15/2019 6:11:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Apparently with so many telling me it was not what obviously was, I was game.  5-pages of of people, withe exception of about 5 posters who were unable to use Google.

That was the hilarity of the thread![

Google "Colt LE6920 FBP1"

View Quote
Why do you keep posting the same thing over and over?
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 11:56:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Wow. What a gorgeous dog.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 12:31:32 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I am just glad to see a new post that will hopefully take the place of the painfully overused but coal post...
View Quote
We have butt coal now?

Poop thread?
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 1:58:44 AM EDT
[#45]
Not reading the last few pages.

Does it come with an actual M-16 bolt carrier group or is it that stupid BCG with the groove cut out?
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 6:28:51 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Not reading the last few pages.

Does it come with an actual M-16 bolt carrier group or is it that stupid BCG with the groove cut out?
View Quote
The sear blocks, half moon bolt carriers, and large pins went away long ago...
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 6:59:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 7:18:09 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I evididently paid only $300 i premium from what Gun Broker was offering:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/60379/20190912_155913_jpg-1088575.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/60379/20190912_231112_jpg-1088577.JPG

Only 5 responders actually graduated from READING IS FUNDAMENTAL class.  This is a overproduction of an FBI contract gun.

From GunBroker.com:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/824181766

"The LE6920-FBP1 is not a production model offered from Colt. This was part of a contract overrun that Colt had done for the FBI. This model features flip ups sights and a 11” Troy Alpha free float rail from Troy Industries. This model is built based off the 6920 line with the added accessories approved by the FBI."

Sure, this could be cobbled together, but along with the serial number it can be linked to an FBI contract.  And your cobbled together gun can be linked to what...ambiguity?

At least the Gun Broker price for my purchase hit $1200, for a used rifle.

Most of you just like to bitch because, I suspect, you never made it to that six-figure salary post.  Or if so, it was a dual income situation.  For the most part, your just hilarious in ability to not fact-check info provided, or simply deny sources provided.  Certainly, a key to your lack of success.
View Quote
Your money is your money but yea, you overpaid and we’re going to roast you a bit for it.

Also, your posts are starting to get strange.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 8:08:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Hey OP.

Link Posted: 9/16/2019 8:47:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top