BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 6:39:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The red Milwaukee 46" from HD is a SCREAMING deal...unless someone convinces me it isn't.  More than enough for my needs and extremely useful.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/4311/red-and-black-textured-powder-coating-milwaukee-tool-chest-combos-48-22-8510-8520-64_400_compressed-586763.JPG
View Quote
I like the Milwaukee box but I don't like all the dead space on top. I would rather have more drawers.
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 7:05:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I'm thinking the 1,200 lb. rating on Zoro's website might be an error. From Lista's website,

"Heavy-duty casters (1,200 lbs. each). That's as much as 4,800 lbs. of capacity per toolbox for single and double banks, and 7,200 lbs. of capacity for triple banks and two-bays!"

I'm not 100% sure this is the case here, but 1,200 lb. per caster with a total load rating of 4,800 lb. would make sense if it has 440 lb. rated drawers.
View Quote
That looks correct. you could upgrade the casters and put another 1K lbs in it.
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 7:17:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

So much so that I've never heard of either of them! That said, I don't wrench all day nor need/want a rollaround bigger than a yugo...
View Quote
There are different grades of tool boxes:

Throw-away tool boxes: Walmart,
Home-Owner tool boxes: HD, Lowes, Sears
Professional tool boxes: Snap On, Matco, MAC, etc, fancy looking stuff off tool trucks catering mostly auto mechanics,
Industrial tool boxes: Lista, Vidmar, Lyon, well built, heavy duty, often used by the military too.

It's not the width or the height that matters, it's the depth and sheetmetal gauge.   My Lyon/Lista boxes are 28" deep.
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 7:52:29 PM EDT
[#4]
HF 56" tool box total weight: 383 lbs
Lista 60" tool box total weight : 739 lbs
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top