[#1]
the safe act taught me
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 6:11:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't own guns. I'm here for GD.
View Quote

Yep, just here for the intellectually stimulating debate.  Guns are scary.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 6:18:16 PM EDT
[#3]
IF what the OP postulated ever came true the logic would be that they are acting on behest of a rogue government.   One acting with total disregard for the BOL, or Constitution.   Therefore an enemy.

I am an American fighting in the forces that guard my country and our way of life,
I am prepared to give my life in their defense.

I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command, I will never surrender the
members of my command while they still have the means to resist.

If I am captured, I will continue to resist by all means available. I will make every
effort to escape and aid others to escape. I will accept neither parole nor special
favors from the enemy.

If I become a prisoner of war, I will keep faith with my fellow prisoners. I will give no
information nor take part in any action which might be harmful to my comrades.
If I am senior, I will take command. If not, I will obey the lawful orders of those
appointed over me and will back them up in every way.

Should I become a prisoner of war, I am required to give name, rank,
service number, and date of birth. I will evade answering further questions to the utmost of
my ability. I will make no oral or written statements disloyal to my country and its allies.

I will never forget that I am an American fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions,
and dedicated to the principles which made my country free.
I will trust in my God and in the United States of America.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/13/2021 6:22:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

So when the trains start rolling and men in unmarked vans start visiting dissidents late at night you can go down fighting instead of kicking and screaming in vain as they drag you out.

That's it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You don't respond when they come for your guns, you respond when they come for your neighbors.

^This.^

Have unpapered guns so you can do what? Fondle them behind closed curtains and tell the children tales of when you could shoot them long ago?

Just another version of the "buried gun" theory.

So when the trains start rolling and men in unmarked vans start visiting dissidents late at night you can go down fighting instead of kicking and screaming in vain as they drag you out.

That's it.

I would imagine that many men would go on the offensive, after some of their friends and family get dragged off in the middle of the night, not just "wait for their turn".  See what insurgents do in Iraq and Afghanistan, then remember that American insurgents would be more highly trained and better armed.  Not me, of course, because I'm a Buddhist and we don't believe in solving problems with violence.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 6:26:41 PM EDT
[#5]
My non-4473 guns suck for fighting.

If it comes down to confiscation I’ll just stand my ground and make a choice that forces the rest of y’all to make a choice instead.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 6:47:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Do you even realize how inept the government is full of bureaucracy it is. These aren't the sharpest crayons in the box.  Paid by the hour, and other things on their minds. They make drugs and crimes against the law and that doesn't happen anymore right? Don't hide your guns but don't have any empty magazines either. Change the combination on your safe. Practice as much as you can. Take care and don't be alone.
Choose Jesus to be your Lord and Savior and this wisp of time will be little throughout eternity.
View Quote

Absolutely!
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 6:49:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm 80% sure I have this covered.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 6:53:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Never keep all your eggs in one basket
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 6:54:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
dealers are required to hold 4473 for 20 yrs after that they can be destroyed, I hope they are destroying as they become eligible like they should be.

It would take thousands of years for the government to take those forms from dealers and put it in a modern data base
View Quote

If they go out of business before that?
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 6:55:44 PM EDT
[#10]
remember to keep some junk around for the popo to find or hand over, they have some serial numbers, they know they dont have but a good percentage but not all, they may be happy with something.
Radar is used to count guns, the scanning over frequencies will show the barrel length and caliber, the low flying choppers are doing something when flying over your house.
So if stored in the pvc tube cover the muzzle with foil and point down and seed the yard with many old rusty bolts.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 6:56:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It's cool. I got a plan. When the dog dies, I'm going to have him stuffed with tannerite and set up in the living room.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/13/2021 7:00:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It’s cool. I got a plan. When the dog dies, I’m going to have him stuffed with tannerite and set up in the living room.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

And that avatar of yours...Holy Cow!
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 7:09:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If they go out of business before that?
View Quote
Then they absolutely are required to submit all records to ATF's OBRC in WV within 30 days of discontinuing operations.

It's uncommon for any FFL business to last 20 years, and I've never heard of one destroying old records when they do (although it's not impossible).

ATF now encourages them to turn over the 20-year-old records in lieu of destruction, but it's up to the FFL at that point.

OBRC also allows FFLs to submit old records to them prior to 20 years elapsing (if they both agree to it) and I've heard of this happening fairly often.

Therefore I'd conclude that your odds of having an old paper 4473 record destroyed by your friendly neighborhood FFL are quite low.

More and more today are switching to computerized records. ATF likes that.

And for further reading, check out their NTC Connect Program (also known as Access 2000 or A2K), which grants ATF (and in turn, local LE via trace requests) access to cloud-based records before the guns even transfer on 4473 at the point-of-sale (or afterwards, as in a normal trace).

Many large manufacturers, importers and wholesalers voluntarily participate in this program.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 7:12:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You'll still end up losing. As long as you realize that and you don't mind being that kind of martyr...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some of us have better training than the law dogs

When they show up at those particular houses to confiscate anything they are going to have a really, really bad day

You'll still end up losing. As long as you realize that and you don't mind being that kind of martyr...

Maybe, maybe not. One thing's for sure. If every time a team goes out to do a confiscation run and half don't come back, it won't take long to run out of JBTs willing to go out on confiscation runs. My estimate is about 3 days once the real shooting starts. Add in the "anonymous tips" being used to set up ambushes and by the end of the 3rd day, the fuzz won't even leave the office, if any of them are left still working at all.

Remember there are more than 100x of "us" than there are of "them". The numbers do not favor the .gov.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 7:14:30 PM EDT
[#15]
I gots my daddy's 30.30 and a half box of bullets. Why on earth would anyone need anymore than that?
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 7:31:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You don't respond when they come for your guns, you respond when they come for your neighbors.
View Quote

This is the way
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 7:37:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

This is the way
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the way

Correct.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 7:38:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Guns are icky and I abhor violence,  Mr. Alphabet man!
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 7:43:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Sold all mine. Just kept a bolt gun and a 16 gauge for home protection.
View Quote

You just need a wheelbarrow and a .38 to be complete
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top