Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 9:30:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Only if you never had the right to begin with.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 9:31:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 9:32:31 AM EDT
[#3]
The anti Kavanaugh messages peaked last night and aren’t trending this morning Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 9:32:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Literally Hitler.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 9:38:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm not a fan of his stance on the 4th amendment. Basically he's okay with the government digitally spying on its citizens.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 9:38:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good.

Only land owners should be allowed to vote.
View Quote
amen
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 9:39:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This just in! If Kavanaugh is confrimed he will reintroduce polio to all infants born in the US.
View Quote
Bill Hailey & the Comets are back
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 9:40:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
WRONG!!!

Only WHITE MALE LAND OWNERS..  Male African American land owners will only get 3/5th of a vote.

Who comes up with this crap?>
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good.

WRONG!!!

Only WHITE MALE LAND OWNERS..  Male African American land owners will only get 3/5th of a vote.

Net tax payers would have been a better suggestion.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 9:41:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm not a fan of his stance on the 4th amendment. Basically he's okay with the government digitally spying on its citizens.
View Quote
I’m leery about the 4th as well. What’s his face Sen Paul intends to ask him about it but I’m still enjoying the panic the left is having over his appointment considering Ruth probably won’t make it past 2 terms so imagine what happens then
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 9:41:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Only men should vote.
View Quote
We already had that and were dumb enough to change it.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 9:42:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Senators used to be appointed by the governor.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 9:43:13 AM EDT
[#12]
There *IS* no "right to vote"?  How can anyone not know that?

Voting is a limited, qualified privilege.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 9:44:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Good.

View Quote
Be careful what you wish for.

If my land is bigger than yours or more expensive, does my vote count more?
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 9:45:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
JPN gets it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Think about it from the view of their side packing the Court.  Once they had a clear majority, they would view it as they could get anything they wanted, because the Constitution is just a meaningless scrap of paper.  Viewing the Court as something that is supposed to keep Congress in check, limiting the laws to what is allowed in the Constitution, is an alien concept to them, since their view is that the Court is something to be used to create laws that Congress can't or won't pass.

It's projection.  Since conservatives are being put on the Court, they are expecting slavery to be brought back, women to lose the right to vote, teachers forced to say prayers in the classroom, gays to be locked up in asylums, 'undocumented immigrants' to be executed in the streets...  After all, that's how they think they would be treating us, if they had managed to pack the Court.
JPN gets it.
Yeah, his post is right on the money. He has a habit of doing that.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 9:46:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
No
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 9:47:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
that phrase on her shirt, "The Struggle Is Real," does it refer to her efforts to fit into her clothes?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
that phrase on her shirt, "The Struggle Is Real," does it refer to her efforts to fit into her clothes?
The clothes are the entity struggling in this particular instance.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 9:48:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I have a feeling their circle of believers gets smaller every day.
View Quote
Unfortunately we can't bank on that.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 9:51:50 AM EDT
[#18]
I need to start saving this shit for every time anti-gunners accuse 2A folks of succumbing to fearmongering.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 9:52:25 AM EDT
[#19]
I heard that when Kavanaugh gets confirmed, he's going to repeal the laws of gravity and robotics, and overturn the theory of evolution.  S'trewth, I read it on the internet.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 9:54:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Good.

Only MALE land owners should be allowed to vote.
View Quote
FIFY
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 10:01:47 AM EDT
[#21]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WRONG!!!

https://media.giphy.com/media/lVxKz521NHOUg/giphy.gif

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/hyperbole
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 10:06:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 10:23:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Well Dan Bongino was finally wrong about something. Democrats outrage over Kavanaugh hasn’t subsided Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 10:27:37 AM EDT
[#24]
One SCOTUS justice can do that?

Neat. I need to contact my high school civics teacher and tell him he was wrong.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 10:37:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
One SCOTUS justice can do that?

Neat. I need to contact my high school civics teacher and tell him he was wrong.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 10:50:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
no, they were elected by state legislature.  If there was a vacancy, the state legislature elected a replacement or, if the state legislature had passed legislation authorizing the governor to appoint replacement, then the governor appointed the Senator.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 10:54:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Good.

Only tax payers should be allowed to vote.
View Quote
FIFY
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 10:54:28 AM EDT
[#28]
The "right to vote" in federal elections should be a privilege limited to adult citizens over age 21 who have passed a comprehensive written examination on the plain language of the Constitution.  Same for state elections, except based on the plain language of that state's Constitution.  Once you pass those tests, you may vote (but only if you show voter ID), be called for jury duty, and run for public office.

This would weed out most losers who won't (or can't) pass the exam.  It also avoids stupidity like "only muh homeownerz can vote!" (which conveniently ignores the fact that if you have a mortgage then you don't really own the property...).
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 11:12:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The "right to vote" in federal elections should be a privilege limited to adult citizens over age 21 who have passed a comprehensive written examination on the plain language of the Constitution.  Same for state elections, except based on the plain language of that state's Constitution.  Once you pass those tests, you may vote (but only if you show voter ID), be called for jury duty, and run for public office.

This would weed out most losers who won't (or can't) pass the exam.  It also avoids stupidity like "only muh homeownerz can vote!" (which conveniently ignores the fact that if you have a mortgage then you don't really own the property...).
View Quote
No citizen has the right to vote in federal elections. Never have.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 11:15:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

that's why I put "Right to vote" in quote marks and called it a privilege.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 11:56:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 11:58:22 AM EDT
[#32]
He will steal candy from babies

Bring back slavery

Shit in your hat

Make your dipstick fall off.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 12:00:45 PM EDT
[#33]
sounds like he'd be fun at parties =)
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 12:29:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 12:52:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 1:10:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Not MY right to vote. Own land, and white male privilege. I'm good.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 4:47:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Not that liberals would notice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

After that, he will ban mathematics.
Not that liberals would notice.
Professor: ‘Mathematics Itself Operates as Whiteness’

Math is racist: How data is driving inequality
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 5:18:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Good.

View Quote
Agreed. Non land owners vote to up land owner taxes...makes sense.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 5:20:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Only men landowners and those who actually pay taxes should vote.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 6:11:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good.

you think renters don't pay for those property taxes?  Hint: land owners, SMART land owners, bake it into the rent price.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 6:19:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I thought he was supposed to be bringing back slavery.

Or is he bringing back slavery and taking away the right to vote?

I guess next he'll work on bringing back jus primae noctis?
View Quote
Slaves can't vote so it's a 2fer. Roe would be his hat trick.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 6:55:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
you think renters don't pay for those property taxes?  Hint: land owners, SMART land owners, bake it into the rent price.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good.

And that's why those cis-capitalist land owners should not be the only people voting.  If they are raising rent in revenge for being forced to pay 'their fair share' in taxes, just think of the havoc they would bring down on renters if renters were not allowed to vote.

Rather than accepting their punishment for depriving others of the use of their land, only allowing a limited number to have some use of it in exchange for participating in an archaic system that is a holdover from the days of feudal lords enriching themselves off the labors of the serfs, they use the system that they perpetuate to further enrich themselves and oppress renters.  Just another example of why this cis-centric system should be abolished as soon as possible.

Now if you'll excuse me, I woke up this morning coughing gunk up and have been felling feverish all day.  After watching the 'science must fall' video, I feel I must lie down and wait for the epiphany of decolonization of science.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 7:05:52 PM EDT
[#44]
I must say, I love these guys. He's a strict constructionist.

They're either illiterate or have no understanding of the fundamentals of our country. While the 15th and 19th Amendments specifically granted Blacks and Women the right to vote, many states had already done so before those Amendments were ratified. I wouldn't mind seeing the elimination of the Voting Rights Act as it is nothing more than a continuation of Reconstruction and, in my opinion, unconstitutional as it only applies to a few states and is not universally applied.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 7:14:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

And that's why those cis-capitalist land owners should not be the only people voting.  If they are raising rent in revenge for being forced to pay 'their fair share' in taxes, just think of the havoc they would bring down on renters if renters were not allowed to vote.

Rather than accepting their punishment for depriving others of the use of their land, only allowing a limited number to have some use of it in exchange for participating in an archaic system that is a holdover from the days of feudal lords enriching themselves off the labors of the serfs, they use the system that they perpetuate to further enrich themselves and oppress renters.  Just another example of why this cis-centric system should be abolished as soon as possible.

Now if you'll excuse me, I woke up this morning coughing gunk up and have been felling feverish all day.  After watching the 'science must fall' video, I feel I must lie down and wait for the epiphany of decolonization of science.
View Quote
You have disrespected the sacredness of this space.  I am going to have to ask you to apologize.

This is a progressive space for people to say their opinions and we have noted how those opinions are going to be laid out.

If you fail to comply, my brother's, sister's, mother's, uncle's, former voodoo master will send lightning your way via homing pigeon.

Link Posted: 7/17/2018 7:15:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
This just in! If Kavanaugh is confrimed he will reintroduce polio to all infants born in the US.
View Quote
 Excellent !
We'll  start producing  Iron Lung machines; " For the CHULDREN "
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 7:18:46 PM EDT
[#47]
The level of REEEEEEEE has been turned up to 11. Outstanding!
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 4:40:46 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
This, his tendencies on illegal immigration... definitely some less-than-perfect attributes of the guy.  But then I think of what Obama could be doing, or HRC, or even Romney or McCain had they the opportunity to head an administration.  I shudder to think of the near-misses we've dodged in the last couple decades, and it's astounding how quickly Trump - we - are turning the ship around... or trying, anyway.  We are so much better off right now than we were a couple years ago.

I don't like having to accept candidates and nominees who's views don't align 100% with my own .  But the reality is, at times we must.  I'm just thankful that this particular dickering is happening so far towards our end of the Left-Right scale.  If Hillary had won, Feinstein would probably already be seated and Warren on deck to replace Kennedy, or something equally as horrid.
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 5:16:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Be careful what you wish for.

If my land is bigger than yours or more expensive, does my vote count more?
View Quote
This...next thing you know in 30-40 years only rich liberals will own all the land....American citizen, in good standing should vote..illegals, the dead, those paying a debt to society still should not vote....period....
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 5:18:43 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top