Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 54
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 8:45:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone out there with nice tits to nominate?

I mean if we're going to watch a bunch of clowns turn hot air into more hot air, it might as well be enjoyable.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 8:46:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They seem to have no idea how they look.
View Quote

Who are you referencing?

Fuck the GOPe! Nothing worse than a someone who smiles to your face while burying the knife in your back. At least with the liberal party they aren't coward enough to be a bitch to my face. I know 100% where they stand. Fuck the snakes.

Link Posted: 1/4/2023 8:47:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
My Rep Jeff Duncan just made a Facebook post about an hour ago.  He claims to be a conservative and votes no all the time.  But I can see when courage is needed he is more worried about his committee seat than anything else.  Not unexpected but very disappointing.
View Quote

I haven't read into this much, but why does everyone want to support a California politician, coming from a state just as bad or worse then DC? Why not back a conservative R or at least one with a solid R voting record?
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 8:49:32 PM EDT
[#4]
McCarthy is playing for position. That's all.

SOTH is 3rd in line to the presidency. His gambit is that Biden won't survive his term. And Harris will be declared ineligible since she was probably born in Kenya, or some other shithole.

Then boom, he's in!

His plan is to pull off what Pelosi couldn't.  

Link Posted: 1/4/2023 8:50:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Who are you referencing?

Fuck the GOPe! Nothing worse than a someone who smiles to your face while burying the knife in your back. At least with the liberal party they aren't coward enough to be a bitch to my face. I know 100% where they stand. Fuck the snakes.

View Quote

What don’t you understand about how quoting works?  It was literally 1/4 page of posts up…#12
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 8:52:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I mean if we're going to watch a bunch of clowns turn hot air into more hot air, it might as well be enjoyable.
View Quote

When are we getting a like button?
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 8:52:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Same has some other guy.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 8:53:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Needed.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 8:55:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 8:56:56 PM EDT
[#10]
From BBC

If not Kevin McCarthy for US House Speaker, then who else?

They make arguments for Scalise and Stefanik.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 8:57:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Needed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Needed.

1000% hell no.  That would just result in people endlessly posting fluff for internet points. You want Facebook? Go to Facebook. This is GD, where you put on your thick skin and nobody gives a shit about what you like.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 8:58:08 PM EDT
[#12]

yesssssss!
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 8:58:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Stefanik if not Jordan.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 8:58:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Those committee seats are the real currency in D.C. and how they trade favors and get stuff for their big backers back home and abroad.
Gotta have something to trade without those seats you got nothing to trade right?

View Quote

That is the truth.  Duke Power's Oconee Nuclear Power Station is in our district.  That's why he is on the Energy and Commerce Committee
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 8:58:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Who is Desantis supporting?
View Quote
He's being smart and staying silent on the issue. It isn't a state matter, he's dealing with Florida.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 8:59:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

And some better decorations in the chamber.

View Quote

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 8:59:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
He's being smart and staying silent on the issue. It isn't a state matter, he's dealing with Florida.
View Quote

That is the right move.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:00:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I haven't read into this much, but why does everyone want to support a California politician, coming from a state just as bad or worse then DC? Why not back a conservative R or at least one with a solid R voting record?
View Quote

That's what the people in our district are starting to ask him.  Why do you say you are a conservative yet back someone who doesn't support the positions you claim to have?
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:00:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lauren Boebert?
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:01:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

but who to nominate that is palatable?

View Quote
Steve Saclise
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:01:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:03:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Pro-Gun, hires people based on merit and not family connections or political loyalty, pro-capitalism and business, see's a problem and solves it. Much better than previous leaders!
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:04:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Stefanik if not Jordan.
View Quote

Jordan is going to the judiciary committee.
0% chance he takes the SOTH job.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:05:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Are the shitbirds back in the nest yet?

Isn’t it 8EST right now?
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:05:38 PM EDT
[#25]
I haven't read through this thread but what happens if he keeps failing to get elected?

I'm curious why they keep voting as if people are going to get tired and change their mind?
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:05:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Oh brother.  First action was a motion to adjourn for the night.  The natives are getting restless.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:06:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I haven't read through this thread but what happens if he keeps failing to get elected?

I'm curious why they keep voting as if people are going to get tired and change their mind?
View Quote

Taxpayers save trillions
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:06:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

What don’t you understand about how quoting works?  It was literally 1/4 page of posts up…#12
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who are you referencing?

I guess I'll quote all because you quoted a single post. Now you want me to go back and do your post quote math? No, I don't know exactly what post you were targeting with your post. That is exactly why I said, "who are you referencing". Giving you the leeway to explain your quote and your position.

Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:07:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Stefanik if not Jordan.
View Quote

WEF

fuck no
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:09:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's too chickenshit to give any support to Gaetz even though Gaetz is from his state, and it's obvious now that McCarthy doesn't have the votes in Congress or any popular support in the GOP.

A random Florida congressman showing leadership and challenging the most powerful House Republican and taking him down, you shills are going to have your work cut out for you trying to promote whatever DeSantis is doing.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:09:21 PM EDT
[#31]
I wasn’t a subscriber before, but as of today I am.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:09:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:09:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Steve Saclise

View Quote

Like a Master Lock, Scalise has proven "tough under fire" .

Of the "Candidates" I certainly think that Steve Scalise would be the best by far.

I didn't like McCarthy so if he drops out and Scalise were on the ballot - I think that would wrap it up & Republicans could get moving.

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:10:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Oh brother.  First action was a motion to adjourn for the night.  The natives are getting restless.
View Quote

Sounds like someone wants to do backroom deals before the next vote.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:12:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

C-SPAN ticker says “VOTE TO ADJOURN”.
View Quote

Swamp voted to return at 8.  First motion was to adjourn until tomorrow.     Calling a Yea/Nay vote count now.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:15:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I guess I'll quote all because you quoted a single post. Now you want me to go back and do your post quote math? No, I don't know exactly what post you were targeting with your post. That is exactly why I said, "who are you referencing". Giving you the leeway to explain your quote and your position.

View Quote

Quoted:
NEW\uD83D\uDEA8 Mike Pence throws support behind McCarthy, encouraging House Republicans to give him speaker position - Fox News

Insider Paper  (@TheInsiderPaper) January 4, 2023
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:15:56 PM EDT
[#37]
At this rate Pelosi might take speaker again
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:16:16 PM EDT
[#38]
News articles that have been popping up on my news feed.

Liberal Rep. Ro Khanna floats speakership deal if Republicans meet two conditions

Rep. Ro Khanna (D-CA) is open to giving Republicans a lifeline from their speakership turmoil if they meet two conditions and select the "right kind" of Republican.

If Republicans vow not to use the debt ceiling as a political weapon and cut a deal on subpoena power, Khanna said he could support a Republican such as Reps. Brian Fitzpatrick (R-PA) or Mike Gallagher (R-WI) for the gavel to break the GOP stalemate that has ground Congress to a halt.

"I would consider the right Republican," Khanna told Fox News's Neil Cavuto. "But there needs to be two conditions. One, you can’t have a debt ceiling debate or shut down as something that takes the country hostage, and two, [there has] to be some agreement on subpoena power. I’m open to a Republican who could work to put the interests of the American people first."
View Quote

Republican who voted to impeach Trump entertaining pitching Democrats a deal to secure Speakership: report

On Thursday, The Detroit News reported that retired Congressman Fred Upton (R-MI) is entertaining a plan to offer Democrats some degree of power sharing in the House in return for joining with a handful of GOP lawmakers to elect him Speaker of the House, in the event that Republicans fail to solve their gridlock in trying to elect Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-CA).

According to the report, one possible offer Upton could make Democrats is an equal number of seats on House committees.

Rep. Don Bacon (R-NE) previously floated a bipartisan Upton candidacy as a possibility if McCarthy cannot secure the votes, but it is unclear whether five other Republicans would join him, or whether Democrats would be willing to accept the deal at all.
View Quote

Marjorie Taylor Greene Sends a Message to the Far Right

“If my friends in the Freedom Caucus, Matt Gaetz and others, will not take the win when they have it, they're proving to the country that they don't care about doing the right thing for America. They're proving ..they're just destructionist”

"I am a conservative...our principles, our ideas, our policies—I'm fighting for those, and I'm going to continue to," Greene said.

She added that her fellow conservative lawmakers should not be "fighting over a speaker race, which makes the Republican Party look totally inadequate and not prepared to run the country. We have to prove we can run the country, so we can run the White House in 2024."
View Quote

Lauren Boebert's Attack on Trump Shocks Congress

While delivering a speech where she nominated Representative Byron Donalds as House speaker, Boebert said, "Let's stop with the campaign smears and tactics to get people to turn against us, even having my favorite president [Donald Trump] call us and tell us we need to knock this off."

"I think it actually needs to be reversed, the president needs to tell [Representative] Kevin McCarthy that 'sir, you do not have the votes and it's time to withdraw,'" Boebert added, prompting an array of shocked yells from others in the House.

The comments by Boebert come amid an ongoing battle for House speaker, as McCarthy has gone several rounds without the votes needed to win the position. On Tuesday, 20 House Republicans voted for Representative Jim Jordan over McCarthy and on Wednesday, the same 20 voted for Donalds, who Boebert showed support for in her speech.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:16:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:16:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Of the "Candidates" I certainly think that Steve Scalise would be the best by far.

I didn't like McCarthy so if he drops out and Scalise were on the ballot - I think that would wrap it up & Republicans could get moving.

Bigger_Hammer
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Steve Saclise

Bigger_Hammer

Scalise gas been in DC a while and has been in a leadership position. He has some votes that aren't good. I'm not convinced he is better than McCarthy, and southern politicians have not proven to be worth a shit on a national stage in a while (Desantis excluded).  Elise S. Isn't anything special either.  Jordan is still the best for the job that is palatable and has a chance to actually win.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:17:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

He's too chickenshit to give any support to Gaetz even though Gaetz is from his state, and it's obvious now that McCarthy doesn't have the votes in Congress or any popular support in the GOP.

A random Florida congressman showing leadership and challenging the most powerful House Republican and taking him down, you shills are going to have your work cut out for you trying to promote whatever DeSantis is doing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Has any other Governor voiced an opinion in backing the Freedom Caucus?
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:17:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

C-SPAN ticker says "VOTE TO ADJOURN".
View Quote
That means a backroom deal couldn't be met between the hours of 6pm-8pm.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:18:47 PM EDT
[#43]
All these knives coming out somebody fixin to get stabbed
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:20:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
NEW\uD83D\uDEA8 Mike Pence throws support behind McCarthy, encouraging House Republicans to give him speaker position - Fox News

Insider Paper  (@TheInsiderPaper) January 4, 2023

Gotcha

Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:20:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:21:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

C-SPAN ticker says "VOTE TO ADJOURN".

I just worry I fall asleep late and wake up to the 5am news about a deal being struck.

Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:21:15 PM EDT
[#47]
On the 11th day of Christmas my Congress gave to me
The Freedom Caucus stomping, the swampy McCarthy!
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:22:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gaetz like a mini-Trump. Like!
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:22:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
McCarthy is playing for position. That's all.

SOTH is 3rd in line to the presidency. His gambit is that Biden won't survive his term. And Harris will be declared ineligible since she was probably born in Kenya, or some other shithole.

Then boom, he's in!

His plan is to pull off what Pelosi couldn't.  

View Quote

Yes the Speaker of the House is 3rd in line to the presidency, but would only ascend, if both the President and the VP were removed at the same time or through some other means.

When Biden resigns, Harris will ascend to the Presidency and then gets to chose a VP that has to be confirmed by the Senate. I belive its a simple majority vote to confirm, but I may be mistaken on that.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:22:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Same has some other guy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Same has some other guy.

Mike Pence is a fucking cuck. He  eeds to do a Dan Quayle and STF and go away.
Page / 54
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top