Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 54
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 5:04:23 PM EDT
[#1]
KM should hire Boehner to lobby for him.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 5:04:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

There's a lot of whores.
View Quote
About 200 of 'em.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 5:06:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Don't call the heroes oppositing McCarthy "GOP", that's not nice.

Whores Vs the Conservatives is better
View Quote
Conservative is such a bullshit term anyway. Conservatives conserve the status quo. The status quo is grift, corruption, theft, and violation of Americans' civil rights.

They're Constitutionalists.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 5:07:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Would be nice if one of the KM supporters rose and countered the "Terrorist" talking points with cogent counter arguments...

Instead, the extent of their rebuttal is:

Link Posted: 1/5/2023 5:08:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The smoke should come from the burning corpse of the previous Speaker.
View Quote

The EPA says no.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 5:08:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If dems want to end it they don't have to vote for him, they just need to stay at lunch. He needs 50% of the votes right?
View Quote

They're in no hurry to stop the GOP from continuing to make a fool of itself.  I mean it's impressive how loyal/brainwashed the Dems are.  They'll all toe the party line 100% of the time.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 5:13:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If dems want to end it they don't have to vote for him, they just need to stay at lunch. He needs 50% of the votes right?
View Quote

Evidently enough dems merely voting "present" would do the trick.  

If he gets in via direct dem votes or by their lack of participation, the result still tarnishes his Speakership,  not that he really cares at this point because he'd still have the gavel.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 5:15:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 5:16:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

They're in no hurry to stop the GOP from continuing to make a fool of itself.  I mean it's impressive how loyal/brainwashed the Dems are.  They'll all toe the party line 100% of the time.
View Quote

The only way I see them stepping in to help KM is if he gives them huge concessions, OR it looks likely that a true firebreather has a shot at the Speakers seat.  They surely don't want that.

Link Posted: 1/5/2023 5:17:50 PM EDT
[#10]
This is what happens when The People elect candidates that the swamp can't control.

Embarrassing.

Link Posted: 1/5/2023 5:18:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 5:19:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
This is what happens when The People elect candidates that the swamp can't control.

Embarrassing.

View Quote

Hmmm your first statement seems at odds with your second...
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 5:21:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

If he gets in via direct dem votes or by their lack of participation, the result still tarnishes his Speakership,  not that he really cares at this point because he'd still have the gavel.
View Quote

Present would have them working with him... being too drunk in the bar with Nancy wouldn't.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 5:21:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Pelosi and Waters are for McCarthy
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 5:23:13 PM EDT
[#15]
just got home and laughing my ass off
I sincerely hope the democrats dare to get McCarthy the amount of votes needed

the rinos will be in shambles
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 5:23:25 PM EDT
[#16]
KM has lost times than HiLIARy
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 5:25:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 5:26:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Check your sarcasm meter.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 5:26:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Aaanndd, he's already lost the 9th round.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/5/2023 5:26:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Present would have them working with him... being too drunk in the bar with Nancy wouldn't.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

they want the repugnicans to do it first...if they have to they will but only as a last resort.
imo
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 5:27:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Only the willingly blind couldn't see that it's the same thing.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 5:29:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 5:30:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 5:30:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Hello fellow firearms enthusiast.

In reviewing your post history, it struck me that 25 of your last 50 posts (50%) are merely linked youtube videos.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/5/2023 5:32:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 5:32:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Hubris,

FKM has it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 5:35:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Would be nice if one of the KM supporters rose and countered the "Terrorist" talking points with cogent counter arguments...

Instead, the extent of their rebuttal is:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/deOINby-52.gif
View Quote
Well, KM is backed by him, so, of course they'd be repeating his line of thought.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 5:36:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

That was a hypothetical.  I'm not actually aware of any congress members who are members here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think there are enough congress critters who are arfcom members to try and make that happen.
You only need five. Also, you just confirmed that at least one member of Congress is an Arfcommer.

That was a hypothetical.  I'm not actually aware of any congress members who are members here.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/5/2023 5:37:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The only way I see them stepping in to help KM is if he gives them huge concessions, OR it looks likely that a true firebreather has a shot at the Speakers seat.  They surely don't want that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Therein lies the real issue.  The Dems even with a minority in the house now control who becomes Speaker.  I agree that in no way do we get an actual conservative elected.  If the tide starts to turn in any real way I can completely see the Dems choosing (in their minds) the lesser evil and voting KM in.  

That would be the cherry on top of you guys don't have your shit together if the GOP starts to decide to move away from KM and he gets down to 100 votes or so and the Dems come in full force and all vote for him.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 5:39:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Pelosi calls Republicans' attitude toward McCarthy's speakership 'frivolous, disrespectful and unworthy'

Late Wednesday night after the House decided to adjourn for the day, Pelosi called out Republicans for their "cavalier attitude" in electing a new Speaker, tweeting "all who serve in the House share a responsibility to bring dignity to this body."

"Sadly, Republicans' cavalier attitude in electing a Speaker is frivolous, disrespectful and unworthy of this institution," she wrote.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 5:41:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To be fair, it's getting harder and harder to tell around here.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 5:42:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Pelosi calls Republicans' attitude toward McCarthy's speakership 'frivolous, disrespectful and unworthy'

Late Wednesday night after the House decided to adjourn for the day, Pelosi called out Republicans for their "cavalier attitude" in electing a new Speaker, tweeting "all who serve in the House share a responsibility to bring dignity to this body."

"Sadly, Republicans' cavalier attitude in electing a Speaker is frivolous, disrespectful and unworthy of this institution," she wrote.

Those are interesting words from a woman who's selection as Speaker was always done in secret.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 5:43:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Well, she's certainly an SME on frivolous, disrespectful and unworthy, so there's that...
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 5:45:29 PM EDT
[#34]

I read that as "all who sherve in the Houshe share a responshpinsoblitty to bring dognutty, ummm, dignuty to thish body. {HIC}"
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 5:45:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Scalise got 75% of the vote in his district. I voted for the Libertarian because I know Steve does not need my vote, and I think he is to much of an establishment guy, but he is popular on Capitol Hill, so maybe he will get it. I don't know, it's not really my fight because I am registered "no party". George Washington was right about political parties.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 5:46:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 5:46:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
McCarthy loses 8th vote...
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/5/2023 5:47:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
McCarthy loses 8th vote...

lol...
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 5:50:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Jordan nominates McCarthy.
View Quote

That did not work either
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 5:51:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Therein lies the real issue.  The Dems even with a minority in the house now control who becomes Speaker.  I agree that in no way do we get an actual conservative elected.  If the tide starts to turn in any real way I can completely see the Dems choosing (in their minds) the lesser evil and voting KM in.  

That would be the cherry on top of you guys don't have your shit together if the GOP starts to decide to move away from KM and he gets down to 100 votes or so and the Dems come in full force and all vote for him.
View Quote

He's still favored to win at this point,  so rather than just give it to him, make the dems vote him in.  If KM CHOOSES to ALLOW that to happen then more folks will see him for what he is.  HE is obviously willing to harm the party as a whole to get that Speakership.

What the holdouts are reportedly asking for concession wise seems very reasonable to me.  

Making these people rip off their masks and show who they truly are is always a good thing.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 5:51:25 PM EDT
[#41]

The fact that Nancy wants FKM as Speaker should tell everyone everything they need to know.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 5:51:48 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/5/2023 5:52:05 PM EDT
[#43]
I know a trump hating liberal old lady who’s watching this live and giggling like a schoolgirl. I heard her over the phone and can’t remember the last time I heard her in such a good mood. Is this really that bad?
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 5:53:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I know a trump hating liberal old lady who’s watching this live and giggling like a schoolgirl. I heard her over the phone and can’t remember the last time I heard her in such a good mood. Is this really that bad?
View Quote

It's bad if you hate American ideals.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 5:53:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

The libs are loving it
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 5:54:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
News about this GOP kangaroo court...is probably making Putin salivate over the House Republican's inapte ability to perform it's governmental duties.
View Quote
Ooooooh, the russia boogie man!!!! Be afraid!!!! Be very, very afraid!!!!!

I think we'll survive just find without the house:
- Passing the types of bills that can actually make it through a dem senate/white house
- Renaming military bases, further erasing our history
- Passing feel good bills that would NEVER pass a dem senate or white house with the sole purpose of trying to make their voters believe that give a fuck about them
- Perform more usesless political theater disguised as investigations of the Bidens/Covid Response/Jan 6 response, etc...
- etc, etc, etc
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 5:54:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Gives a new meaning to McCarthyism.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 5:58:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How so?  This is exactly how the system is supposed to work.

For the first time in a long time the swamp isn't getting its way.  Maybe, just maybe, people will wake up to the shitshow that is Congress. Probably not, but we can at least enjoy the ride.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 5:58:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pretty sure he already knows the answer to that.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 5:59:10 PM EDT
[#50]

Being a Star Trek enthusiast, this is most excellent!
Page / 54
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top