Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/12/2022 1:16:35 PM EDT
King Charles III can avoid paying millions in inheritance tax on the Duchy of Lancaster estate due to an old rule designed to protect the Royal Family's wealth.

https://news.sky.com/story/why-king-charles-wont-have-to-pay-inheritance-tax-on-duchy-of-lancaster-estate-12695884

Like they say it's nice to be the King
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 1:17:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Good, taxation is theft.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 1:21:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Rules for thee but not for me. Sounds like our rulers as well. Sucks to be a subject.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 1:21:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good, taxation is theft.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/12/2022 1:23:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Good, taxation is theft.
View Quote

Agreed.

But what is it when the king doesn’t have to pay but everyone else in the kingdom does?
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 1:24:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Good, taxation is theft robbery.
View Quote

Fixed.  The inheritance tax is especially evil.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 1:24:49 PM EDT
[#6]
they could be using that money to house more immigrants!
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 1:26:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Poor people can save money on taxes too if they get a sharp CPA. But they don't.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 1:27:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Agreed.

But what is it when the king doesn’t have to pay but everyone else in the kingdom does?
View Quote

A Kingdom.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 1:27:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Agreed.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good, taxation is theft.

Agreed.

Seems like they are cool with it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 1:28:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 1:29:07 PM EDT
[#11]
I'd like to learn something for all the taxation is theft people are you just referring to federal taxes? How would the highways get paved, etc?
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 1:29:59 PM EDT
[#12]
UK's inheritance tax is high AF.

There’s normally no Inheritance Tax to pay if either:

the value of your estate is below the £325,000 threshold
you leave everything above the £325,000 threshold to your spouse, civil partner, a charity or a community amateur sports club

what kind of bullshit is that.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 1:30:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Agreed.

But what is it when the king doesn't have to pay but everyone else in the kingdom does?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good, taxation is theft.

Agreed.

But what is it when the king doesn't have to pay but everyone else in the kingdom does?
I believe they call it "a kingdom."

It's silly to be a king and pay taxes.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 1:31:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'd like to learn something for all the taxation is theft people are you just referring to federal taxes? How would the highways get paved, etc?
View Quote

Estate tax is theft. specifically.

Also, road tax and tolls pays for the highways.

Also, we could finance a large portion of our military by oil sales.

When we "liberated" Iraq, we could have put a tax on exported oil. Same shit with Kuwait.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 1:33:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Why would the federal government pay taxes to itself?
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 1:33:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Estate tax is theft. specifically.

Also, road tax and tolls pays for the highways.

https://preview.redd.it/vld2npntds891.jpg?auto=webp&s=c3c2032f4618c3fb71d7c5b88b16749e554c29f1

Also, we could finance a large portion of our military by oil sales.

When we "liberated" Iraq, we could have put a tax on exported oil. Same shit with Kuwait.
View Quote

Srs. That's the nation building we needed.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 1:35:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Rules for thee but not for me. Sounds like our rulers as well. Sucks to be a subject.
View Quote

Biden say he pays all of his taxes and no money from coke head hunter

Link Posted: 9/12/2022 1:37:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Probably a law dating from when the Monarchy had to fund the government and the military.

Doesn't move the needle for me. Interesting though.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 1:37:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Agreed.

View Quote
A monarchy?
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 1:38:11 PM EDT
[#20]
I don't have a problem with it since they want to play along to keep the monarchy tradition alive.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 1:39:59 PM EDT
[#21]
stay in school kids, work hard and maybe you can be king someday and reap this benefit
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 1:46:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Good, taxation is theft.
View Quote

Came to say this. Especially true of inheritance taxes.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 1:48:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good, taxation is theft.

Yep
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 1:51:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same way they do now. The states will pay for them.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 1:54:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good, taxation is theft.

Link Posted: 9/12/2022 1:55:23 PM EDT
[#26]
We need a king Charles sub forum.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 1:57:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

There are things like use and the gas (or EV charging) tax for this.  Still theft, but more "fair"/less egregious and don't punish being productive like the income tax (it's also no one's business, including govts' how much money you earn).

Most of us who are correctly identifying taxation as robbery, are especially at odds with taxation when it's used for redistributive (vote buying) and "social engineering" purposes.  These fall outside of the legitimate role of govt. (if there is one), which is protecting rights.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 2:00:04 PM EDT
[#28]
This is the idiocy of royalty….they need special rules to remain special.  These folks will ALWAYS be rich and never need to work.
Ah well, we’ve always sought to create a “royal” class in the US, athletes, actors, singers, musicians.  King James, Queen Latifah are just current items.  Sultan of the Swat was Babe Ruth’s nickname.  Prince at least had some modesty.  Benny Goodman, King of Swing.  Camelot for the Kennedy’s.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 2:00:30 PM EDT
[#29]
if there is one perk of being king it should be not paying taxes
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 2:01:32 PM EDT
[#30]
A king's income is literally derived from taxes...who the fuck would he pay taxes to?
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 2:01:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

people that want a highway would pay to build it and then maybe charge people to use it or otherwise raise the funds for it.

Link Posted: 9/12/2022 2:03:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good, taxation is theft.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/83/4d/3b/834d3b43b150cbbd3b6dc5222519d8a1.png

I vaguely recall this, but was never a big Sporanos buff.

@azjeeper
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 2:08:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

people that want a highway would pay to build it and then maybe charge people to use it or otherwise raise the funds for it.

View Quote
Yins are all fucking wrong.

Taxes on income are wrong.

Taxes USED to be (according to the British common and merchant laws we basically carried over) only on wealthy landowners and businesses... particularly businesses who export.

Somehow, the devolved into excise taxes on products, then, it turned into taxes on salaries. The politicians who pitched these salary taxes 100 years ago swore it would only apply to the super wealthy millionaires, and it would never exceed 5% regardless.

Idk what arfcom pays in taxes but...I'm pretty sure our elected officials keep lying to us, because I'm not super wealthy, I don't own large tracts of land, I don't own a big business, and I pay way more than 5%.

It's almost like: government goons steal our money then blame us when they don't have enough...
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 2:08:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Muh Roads!
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 2:10:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Good, taxation is theft.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 2:11:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Good, taxation is theft.
View Quote

$12.6 million and a stepped up cost basis helps most.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 2:12:21 PM EDT
[#37]
I figured all their property was probably in trust where they could reassign trustees as needed with worrying about taxes.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 2:16:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Good, taxation is theft.
View Quote

If this is property under Crown Estate, there's constraints. Even the monarch is prohibited from selling, which is the primary test of "ownership". At best he's gained control.

So if the UK Gov has imposed limited agency I see no issue with limited liabilities

RIF - its Lancaster which is the private estate of the sovereign. Still no issue as the sovereign can't access other methods rich puffs in the UK use in avoidance (LOL Monaco) - it'd dilute the Crowns resources as well. Long as they put up with the system, the rules gonna favor.

Link Posted: 9/12/2022 2:18:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
stay in school kids, work hard and maybe you can be king someday and reap this benefit
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 2:22:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

AOC says that the Federal Gov can just print money.  It works for the President(s).
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 2:23:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Idk what arfcom pays in taxes but...I'm pretty sure our elected officials keep lying to us, because I'm not super wealthy, I don't own large tracts of land, I don't own a big business, and I pay way more than 5%.

View Quote

If you add up your total tax burden, it's around 50%.

I did mine last year and it's right around 54% of my income for the year was paid in taxes.

You need to add up everything, income tax, sales tax, gas tax, vehicle(s) tax, land tax, the hidden 12.5% your employer pays that no one knows about but is a direct tax on your salary in addition to what you pay in fed/state taxes, and all the other nickle and dime taxes we pay for literally everything. Even my water bill has a special *utility tax* that's like $5 or 15% of the bill, i'm sure it's to pay for someone who's not paying thier bill.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 2:32:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I did mine last year and it's right around 54% of my income for the year was paid in taxes.

You need to add up everything, income tax, sales tax, gas tax, vehicle(s) tax, land tax, the hidden 12.5% your employer pays that no one knows about but is a direct tax on your salary in addition to what you pay in fed/state taxes, and all the other nickle and dime taxes we pay for literally everything. Even my water bill has a special *utility tax* that's like $5 or 15% of the bill, i'm sure it's to pay for someone who's not paying thier bill.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep what I do, is that I get my CPA to kick out my AGI and then how ever much is above $24,000 a year, I buy F-250s with that amound of money to write it off via section 179
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 2:35:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

A couple hundred years ago...the people living in this land felt that was pretty burdensome.

I think...when the cheap import items go away, people may feel similar again

Ain't nobody gonna pay $40/lb for coffee or $75 for a t shirt at Marshalls lol.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 2:35:41 PM EDT
[#44]
He's a literal king.

Presiding over his kingdom.

How is this news
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 2:37:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Income tax is theft…

Other taxes pay for those things.
Property tax, gas tax, corporate tax, etc.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 2:38:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

@azjeeper
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good, taxation is theft.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/83/4d/3b/834d3b43b150cbbd3b6dc5222519d8a1.png

@azjeeper

Eugene had to pay!
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 2:38:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Well, of course he can. If the Monarchy were subject to inheritance tax, they would cease to exist in two generations. The Monarchy continues to exist at the amusement of the State over there. Nothing more, nothing less.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 2:39:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Agreed.

View Quote

What is it when the King DOESN'T have to pay taxes but does?

P.S., taxes are theft and inheritance tax is the worst.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 2:42:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Yep what I do, is that I get my CPA to kick out my AGI and then how ever much is above $24,000 a year, I buy F-250s with that amound of money to write it off via section 179
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep ...this and depreciation FTW. 179 is limited to a bit more than a million tho.

SEP IRA as well

Link Posted: 9/12/2022 2:43:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Standing by for these guys to go after the king for unpaid taxes

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top