Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 12:25:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What did Kerry do?
View Quote
He married the widow of John Heinz in 1995.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 12:27:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Bob Kraft has no relation or affiliation with Kraft Foods
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ppl made fun of my crypto but are gambling on ketchup stock whose 80yo owner just got caught up in a sex sting.
That has to be a joke. Right?
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 12:55:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Uncle Warren is going to be pissed.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 1:05:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Why, Kerry and wife sold all but 4% of the company in the mid 90s,  and had no controlling interest after that. They made nothing on the merger in the 2000s as they had no real money in it.

They aren't affected one way or the other.

As to the poster that said Hunt's didn't have high fructose corn syrup, it does. I have a bottle of it and a bottle of Heinz here and they both have it listed in the ingredients.

I may have to order ketchup from Walmart or Amazon, the grocery store here only sells three kinds, Heinz, Hunts, and the IGA brand, which is like one of those two watered down some. I would like to have a ketchup with real sugar.
View Quote
Heinz Organic.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 1:05:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Ppl made fun of my crypto but are gambling on ketchup stock whose 80yo owner just got caught up in a sex sting.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 1:18:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It’s never good when a dividend/value stock cuts its dividend.

The numbers still look good though.   Need to read up on them, might be a buying opportunity...or a trap..
View Quote
They had the highest dividend payout ratio out of all the consumer staples equities.  It is my understanding they are choosing to reduce dividends to pay down existing debt, not because they don’t have earnings to support it.

I will be watching it closely next week.  I think it will fall a little more yet.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 5:55:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
They had the highest dividend payout ratio out of all the consumer staples equities.  It is my understanding they are choosing to reduce dividends to pay down existing debt, not because they don’t have earnings to support it.

I will be watching it closely next week.  I think it will fall a little more yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The numbers still look good though.   Need to read up on them, might be a buying opportunity...or a trap..

Can anyone post up their current (new) PE, Div and Valuation numbers?
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 6:14:00 AM EDT
[#8]
PITTSBURGH SUCKS
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 7:27:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Uh... no?

Bob Kraft and the private Kraft Group has jack and squat do with the KraftHeinz, the publicly traded food products company.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 7:44:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
https://www.hunts.com/sites/g/files/qyyrlu211/files/images/products/tomato-ketchup-43316.png FTW!

And buy KHC when there is ketchup in the street.
View Quote
Yup, switched years ago whe they were supporting something I didn’t like, same with kellogs
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 7:48:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Catsup.  Catsup.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 4:51:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

P/E was 9 point something when I looked after close Friday. No idea what the current dividend rate is.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 5:03:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Does this mean my 401k is going to lose a bunch of value on monday?

Im in index funds but once one thing goes down the rest likes to follow.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 5:06:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No joke.
Robert Kraft is the packaging magnate.
They make cardboard boxes and the like.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 5:29:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 7:17:58 PM EDT
[#16]
This has nothing to do with John Kerry or Bob Kraft or anyone else, other then Warren Buffet and 3G.

They did exactly what everyone expected them to do... cut and slash... and this is the result. My company has been a supplier for Kraft/Oscar Mayer for years...

We watched it when they shut down a bunch of Kraft/OM plants, and reconsolidated. and every one who had a clue on how those companies and there product was made... were let go, early retirement, or bailed... and that left a bunch of 20 something no nothings with a degree to come in and execute the new owners playbook... and the fun began....

and this is the result.. plants ran poorly... squeezing every penny where ever they good, including suppliers... and this is what you get..
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 7:25:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Wow, who would have thought the topic of ketchup could bring out so many GD tards.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 7:53:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Listen, I'm not saying it's right or anything...

but have you ever tried jacking off with six super bowl rings?

I get it.....
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 7:59:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
We stopped buying Heinz products once we realized Kerry's ties. Wonder how many others did as well. Be interesting to see if Hunt's sales of benefited.
View Quote
Skull n Bones
John Heinz & John Kerry
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 8:00:45 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm trying to use you guys as a contrarian indicator but I have no idea wtf you're saying.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 8:03:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Heinz is red dye no 5 and high fructose corn syrup ketchup
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Heinz family sold everything off well over ten years ago and have nothing to do with it. Trust me, I quit buying it for decade, and only went back after they sold it.

Here, we have Heinz or Hunt's, and Hunt's sucks.
Not if you get Simply Heinz.

Link Posted: 2/24/2019 8:04:59 PM EDT
[#22]
When should I buy some stock?
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 8:41:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
When should I buy some stock?
View Quote
Seems like a good time for a long straddle option.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 8:49:29 PM EDT
[#24]
The stupidity in this thread is disheartening.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 8:52:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
John Kerry is going broke.
View Quote
He'll have to find another rich old widow's fortune to spend
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 8:52:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Buffet brought in Brazilians to decimate the company afted the Kraft-Heinz merger. They gut a company, move on, and watch from a distance as theonce strong companies collapse.
View Quote
No, they short it on the way down.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 9:18:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:Hunt's is better anyway.
View Quote
I don't even like ketchup but that is heresy and tantamount to treason.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 9:29:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Deutsche Bank -

PE
2019 - 17.2x
2020 - 16.4x

DPS
2019 - $1.60
2020 - $1.68
2021 - $1.76

Price target - $40 (down from $52)
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 9:30:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 9:32:55 PM EDT
[#30]

Sig Line Applies
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 9:34:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
But he does with Gillette
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 9:36:40 PM EDT
[#32]
why?
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 9:39:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Heinz is still the best catsup Imo
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 9:45:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Del Monte for the win!

Link Posted: 2/24/2019 10:14:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The stupidity in this thread is disheartening.
View Quote
Public education, it's the opiate of the masses...

Link Posted: 2/24/2019 10:44:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
This is GD.  It doesn't matter.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 10:44:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Long term, Kraft-Heinz will do well.  It's the only company that can make Soylent Green in sufficient quantities.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 8:05:46 AM EDT
[#38]
Brother has worked at a Kraft cheese plant for 15 years....  The current crop of managers are totally incompetent.  For the last several years (since current management took over) the only management "style" has been the corporate ass-kisser "yes man" type...

A new policy/decision/etc will come down from on high.  Everyone involved in the day to day operations will look at the decision or policy and think "wow, this absolutely postively will not work".  Frontline and middle management also knows it 100% will not work.  But management will simply nod its collective head and forge ahead anyways.  The results are universally a massive cluster fuck.  Why won't management say otherwise?  Any answer but "yes sir" results in a "Clean out your desk and leave while security accompanies you to the door" reply from uppers....

Example?:  when cutting really large blocks of cheese into those little 8 oz packages, there are commonly small off-cuts, chucks and bits and pieces that simply don't process for the chunks.  These used to get tossed in a barrel, and later processed into Kraft Dinner cheese powder.  Maybe a "loss" of 2 or 3% of the big block.  Now?  Some genius upper decided "lets take all these off cuts, squeeze them into another new big block and reprocess it into chunks again".  Sounds good.  Only the entire thing is a failure. The reprocessed blocks simply don't hold together.  And they don't cut well.  And instead of a loss of 2-3%, off cuts have now skyrocketed to 15-20%.  And line productivity has plummeted.  "Saving" those 2-3% off cuts has increased waste by a factor of ten, and had huge increases in line downtime.  Its a total failure.  And the Kraft cheese plant is into the third year of these 'cost savings", spending fifty dollar bills to save nickels....

It no wonder Kraft is so in the dump....
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 8:19:44 AM EDT
[#39]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Heinz family sold everything off well over ten years ago and have nothing to do with it. Trust me, I quit buying it for decade, and only went back after they sold it.

Here, we have Heinz or Hunt's, and Hunt's sucks.
Not if you get Simply Heinz.

https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/df6c5336-a4fb-48a8-9c6e-22abbb78807f_1.5615354cd106274f69ee06d09cf61f66.jpeg
There’s no dye in any version. That just swaps real sugar in for the corn syrup.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top