Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/3/2012 2:18:38 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK?!!?!?!

That is exactly what I was blurting out while watching

Link Posted: 9/3/2012 2:23:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Where can I score some of this delightful stuff?

Link Posted: 9/3/2012 2:36:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Novosibirsk, tovarish.
Link Posted: 9/3/2012 3:17:24 AM EDT
[#4]
He should totally sharpen those to a point when he gets home.

Permanent standoff device!
Link Posted: 9/3/2012 3:17:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I have seen zombie movies with less WTF than that.

My God.
Link Posted: 9/3/2012 7:20:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Why did he even bother to get medical help? I mean when there is no skin on your lower leg, why even bother?

IIRC he was in the hospital for quite a while at the point of the video(been posted at least 3 times in the past 2 years). Started with a sore that wouldn't heal and progressed to a sore that was spreading(like gangrene). The doctors waited until the point you see in the video so they'd know how far up to amputate(and possibly hoping the guy'd die and save them the trouble).
Link Posted: 9/3/2012 7:37:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why did he even bother to get medical help? I mean when there is no skin on your lower leg, why even bother?

IIRC he was in the hospital for quite a while at the point of the video(been posted at least 3 times in the past 2 years). Started with a sore that wouldn't heal and progressed to a sore that was spreading(like gangrene). The doctors waited until the point you see in the video so they'd know how far up to amputate(and possibly hoping the guy'd die and save them the trouble).

Just skimming through the video, looks like severe vascular impairment.   The toes (at the start of the video) are pretty necrotic (i.e...'dry gangrene')....same as happens with Frostbite, severe PVD, emboli in the small vessels, etc.   I'd bet that the drug causes clotting or endothelial damage sufficient to cause localized ischemia.    The 'standard' for treatment (for frostbite, say)  is about what you saw...see where it is going to demarcate and cut far enough above it to allow closure with good (i.e...bleeds well when you cut it) tissue.

AFARR
Link Posted: 9/3/2012 7:40:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
it's a real shame the meth heads and heroin addicts in the US can't get it.

I'm pretty sure they can, actually.

As I understand it, it's just a mix of Tylenol 1's, bathroom cleaner and ammonia (amongst other things, I'm sure).

It's big over there because Codeine is available OTC. In the US and Canada (?) it's restricted so it's no easier to get than any other controlled substance. Basically there are better highs for the money that don't normally eat you alive.

The issue is that it's cheap to buy (like our crack cocaine problem) and the pharmacies have problems staying afloat without the sale of the headache pills. Last time this subject had a thread on ARFCOM, 25% of a pharmacy's business was for these headache pills. Russian politicians aren't willing to do anything about it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2012 7:54:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just skimming through the video, looks like severe vascular impairment.   The toes (at the start of the video) are pretty necrotic (i.e...'dry gangrene')....same as happens with Frostbite, severe PVD, emboli in the small vessels, etc.   I'd bet that the drug causes clotting or endothelial damage sufficient to cause localized ischemia.    The 'standard' for treatment (for frostbite, say)  is about what you saw...see where it is going to demarcate and cut far enough above it to allow closure with good (i.e...bleeds well when you cut it) tissue.

AFARR

I read it's not the drug itself so much as the impurities left in it from manufacturing it without filtering.

That user could very well have lost their leg from their first injection.
Link Posted: 9/3/2012 12:47:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Novosibirsk, tovarish.

I don't know where that is.  Can you just mail me some?  I'll re-up your membership for your trouble.
Link Posted: 9/3/2012 12:50:07 PM EDT
[#11]
I've seen that video many times before.

I think it's the perfect drug.  If you're stupid enough to use it despite knowing the consequences, the problem solves itself.
Link Posted: 9/3/2012 1:05:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Meh... wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.
Link Posted: 9/3/2012 1:07:07 PM EDT
[#13]
That looks  like a prop in a B movie.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2012 1:11:08 PM EDT
[#14]
If I were the patient I'd be so pissed with all the picture taking and the delay in chopping.

My misery is not a spectator sport.
Link Posted: 9/3/2012 1:13:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Legalize it!

John

I LOLd

Link Posted: 9/3/2012 1:38:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Damn!  My wife (ER nurse) just told me about a local Rx drug seeker that comes to the ER.  He lost an arm due to multiple infections from shooting up.  I guess he has decided that pills are easier on the limbs.
Link Posted: 9/3/2012 2:48:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Legalize it!

John

I LOLd

It just might be legal here. Do we have any laws addressing it? That's why bath salts got so much attention-they were legal almost everywhere until the last year or two. If this isn't illegal yet don't be surprised to start hearing about it. If they'd legalize marijuana a lot of demand for these harsh poisons would be reduced-most of it would be current addicts, less new users. People lioke me who hate weed could simply continue not smoking it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2012 2:59:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
If I were the patient I'd be so pissed with all the picture taking and the delay in chopping.

You think that guy's actually paying?  Beggars can't be choosers.
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 2:06:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It is when it's 100% your fault.

Link Posted: 9/4/2012 2:42:42 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Vice had a pretty good segment on Krokodil. That stuff have OTC eye drops mixed with petrol and other shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsUH8llvTZo

Help me out here, was this an anti-drug or an anti-Christian expose?
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 2:54:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not saying the doctors shouldn't point and laugh, but taking pictures and putting it on the internet is beyond the pale.

There's some huge line crossing there.
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 3:07:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Addiction is a cast iron bitch.

I honestly feel bad for them (and I deal with junkies at work all the time). That footage just shows how hopelessly they are addicted to their drug.

...or lack of footage.  And leggage.

Link Posted: 9/4/2012 9:24:09 AM EDT
[#23]

I just tried to watch it on my big laptop. I fast forwarded till they brought out the saw!

Link Posted: 9/4/2012 11:38:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not saying the doctors shouldn't point and laugh, but taking pictures and putting it on the internet is beyond the pale.

There's some huge line crossing there.

Meh.  It's Russia.  What do you expect.

Besides, like someone else said, he's probably not paying for the surgery, since he takes drugs that make your skin melt off.  Maybe they offered to waive the bill, in exchange for him being their model for the day.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top