Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 10:11:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Craptyle. 

I have Titans on my L4330.  If I ever need to replace them, I'll go with them again.
View Quote
OK guess that's why there so cheap, says they are made in USA, I know the trailer tire are made in CHina
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 10:11:51 PM EDT
[#2]
in my 32yrs of experience witih them, kubotas seem to be bulletproof

good buy
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 10:15:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I had one. Good little tractor. Super easy to work on.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 10:18:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok heres another question, I have a Rhino Box Blade 48" but I am missing 2 SCARIFIER WEDGEs to secure the hooks into the blade, I have looked on line for these, but a no go, If I have to I could fab up something but would rather just order some, got any ideas?/
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 10:22:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

good buy
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

good buy
Quoted:
I had one. Good little tractor. Super easy to work on.
Thanks guys
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 10:26:23 PM EDT
[#6]
OP,
congrats.  

one thing, since it sounds like you may not be all that familiar with tractors...

in general, and especially with a compact tractor like you've just purchased, you will want weight on the rear tires when you are using the FEL (front end loader) for moving stuff.  you will often hear the term "ballast" in regards to this. not having weight "out back" not only increases the stress on the front hubs but can in fact make the tractor dangerously tipsy with a heavy load in the FEL.  and, when a tractor gets tipsy like that, because of the way the front axle works it very often tips over sideways rather than just teetering forward.  
please, read this post,
https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_10_19/686600_Small_tractors_and_roll_over_protection.html
and this post,
https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_10_19/686600_Small_tractors_and_roll_over_protection.html#i11745414

ps
you have a ROPS (roll over protection system) on the tractor, so make sure you are always wearing the seat belt because that's the only way the ROPS is going to protect you.

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 10:43:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

OP,
congrats.  

one thing, since it sounds like you may not be all that familiar with tractors...

in general, and especially with a compact tractor like you've just purchased, you will want weight on the rear tires when you are using the FEL (front end loader) for moving stuff.  you will often hear the term "ballast" in regards to this. not having weight "out back" not only increases the stress on the front hubs but can in fact make the tractor dangerously tipsy with a heavy load in the FEL.  and, when a tractor gets tipsy like that, because of the way the front axle works it very often tips over sideways rather than just teetering forward.  
please, read this post,
https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_10_19/686600_Small_tractors_and_roll_over_protection.html
and this post,
https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_10_19/686600_Small_tractors_and_roll_over_protection.html#i11745414

ps
you have a ROPS (roll over protection system) on the tractor, so make sure you are always wearing the seat belt because that's the only way the ROPS is going to protect you.

ar-jedi
View Quote
Thanks for the safety tips, as I get older, i do always take a little extra time to evaluate, but could see with a new tractor overlooking the simple things, thanks for bringing this up and the links.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 11:00:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Middle plow
Box blade
Auger
Front end loader

That's a small one, but worth what you paid for it, as long as repairs are not overly expensive.  That will be very handy.  

How much land will you be maintaining?
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 11:31:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Middle plow
Box blade
Auger
Front end loader

That's a small one, but worth what you paid for it, as long as repairs are not overly expensive.  That will be very handy.  

How much land will you be maintaining?
View Quote
I only have 2 acres, desert, so no grass, using to maintain 1800' driveway, and my range berms, moving crap around, engines, firewood etc..

Tractor really will see light use
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 11:35:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

OP,
congrats.  

please, read this post,
and this post,

ps

ar-jedi
View Quote
Something I never understood is KUBOTA telling you not to load the tires or use wheel weights.

Every small tractor I have had has had loaded rears either via winter blend windshield washer fluid , wheel weights or both.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 12:05:42 AM EDT
[#11]
I used these in the box blade I built.

Box blade scarifier
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 7:02:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I used these in the box blade I built.

Box blade scarifier
View Quote
Thanks for the link, I have the shanks, but needed the flat pins.

Nice avatar
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 9:49:09 AM EDT
[#13]
These? or did you find them?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 10:16:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
These? or did you find them?

Thanks!
View Quote
Yeah those are the ones I ordered

Thanks again
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 10:30:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Bought a used b6100 four-wheel-drive 32 years ago .  all I have ever done is replace the seat put diesel in it and change the oil occasionally. 14 hp diesel 3 cbccylinder.  It is capable of more than you think it is
View Quote
How many hours?
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 10:37:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Why not a @Kubota3430 ?
View Quote
Came here to say this. @Kubota3430 all the things
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 7:07:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Something I never understood is KUBOTA telling you not to load the tires or use wheel weights.
View Quote
i just checked: my Kubota BX manual has no such language.  where are you getting this info from?

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 8:34:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
i just checked: my Kubota BX manual has no such language.  where are you getting this info from?

ar-jedi
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ar-jedi
The Kubota manual I have says you can load them
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 9:10:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yeah, I am going to go with the AG tires, the tractor came with brand new AG rims still in the box, with a UPS label date 2012

Thanks for the picturehttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/219796/20170712-201413-252656.JPG
View Quote
You really made out then, the AG tires will probably do you well and should be cheaper than the turf.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top