BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 12:14:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Was there an untapped market of people who woke up this morning thinking I wish I had a pistol slide on my AR?
View Quote

Well.

That's the question right there, isn't it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 12:16:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 12:40:28 AM EDT
[#3]
About the only way I think this would be okay is mounted on a freefloat Mlok handguard at 45 degrees using a pic rail section. If you don’t like the Magpul Mbus Offset sights, the C-note could give you offset AK47 style irons on the handguard.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 12:55:17 AM EDT
[#4]
stop it, just stop it... fire your dumb engineers who came up with that...
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 12:59:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 2:18:03 AM EDT
[#6]
This is clearly an out of season April Fools Joke.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 2:33:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Simpsons did it!

JP SRTS
View Quote

At least that can be zeroed, LaRue even says theirs doesn't need to be sighted in!
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 2:42:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Despite evidence to the contrary, I'm choosing to believe Mark is just fucking around to aggravate people.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 2:50:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I’m so confused.  Is there anyone that actually wants something like this?

-Mike
View Quote

I imagine the kind of people who sign internet forum posts with their name might be interested.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 3:46:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 4:51:43 AM EDT
[#11]
First I thought WTF, then I thought - well it's almost April 1.  Then I realized - perfect sight for an AR pistol
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 5:18:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That sight looks like it should have had the morning after pill.
View Quote

????
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 5:33:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Despite evidence to the contrary, I'm choosing to believe Mark is just fucking around to aggravate people.
View Quote

I thought that about the Calgula, but I'm not so sure.

AR uppers with no provision for a front site are out there. Look at the PSA Marauder, or a lot of 300BO builds.
I don't think people who are concerned about having a BUIS are setting their rifles up that way.
My hunting ARs have buis already.
I think most people who could actually use this are just going to buy a SIG MSR red dot instead.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 5:48:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I imagine the kind of people who sign internet forum posts with their name might be interested.
View Quote
Lol.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 6:12:09 AM EDT
[#15]
I legitimately have a use for one of these.
I own a Marauder style PSA pistol upper with out a front sight gas block.
That is the only conceivable legitimate use I can see for one of these.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 6:34:22 AM EDT
[#16]
I like it and could see a use for it.... but I want tritium inserts. I'd pay an extra fifty bucks for that.  If the rest of you don't like it, don't fucking buy it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 6:36:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 6:37:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Quoted:
I like it and could see a use for it.... but I want tritium inserts. I'd pay an extra fifty bucks for that.  If the rest of you don't like it, don't fucking buy it.
View Quote

And then...at that moment...the momentum began to swing...
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 6:57:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Mark LaRue is a master level troll.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 6:58:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I was hoping for a barrel attachment that rings in middle C every time you fire.
View Quote

Smith already makes the vortex.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 7:01:12 AM EDT
[#21]
I actually have a gun this may be applicable to.

Link Posted: 3/24/2023 7:11:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

2 out of 100+ constitutes momentum?
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 7:15:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Every  popular company here eventually falls from grace. ARFCOM is a fickle place.

View Quote

Company longevity is largely dependent on how well said company kisses GD's ass.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 7:22:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Company longevity is largely dependent on how well said company kisses GD's ass.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Every  popular company here eventually falls from grace. ARFCOM is a fickle place.

GD is so fickle that LaRue gave tons of stuff away - to my knowledge more than any other vendor - and still got excommunicated.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 7:52:02 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm a buyer.

Link Posted: 3/24/2023 8:14:10 AM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

With that big ass gap between the sight and rail it kinda looks like the line cutters on the top and bottom of a helicopter designed to save the rotor and skids

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/24/2023 8:15:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
“The LaRue C-Note, for when you need to make the money shot.” I mean that’s some marketing right there!
View Quote

Cringey boomer marketing.

Hubba hubba
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 8:24:28 AM EDT
[#28]
I am reminded of the “Home Boy” sights from a while back.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 8:24:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Removable A2 style with glock sights would be cooler and less ugly.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 8:54:18 AM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

Do you get residuals for advertising?
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 9:34:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Might be cool for a KSG, but fuck dude I'd rather just put Glock sights on it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 9:53:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Received 16” upper this week and it was mounted.  Figured it must be from test firing so called them and said I ‘d send it back. Person I spoke with was gushing about how cool it is. Figured this was the only application I had for it. Try anything once.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 9:57:51 AM EDT
[#33]
It's a little early for 1 April, isn't it?
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 10:26:53 AM EDT
[#34]
I choose to believe it's a joke. But I think the leather carry handle that hooks to your scope is real, so it's tough to say

"Satire is impossible in clown world."
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 10:41:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Received 16” upper this week and it was mounted.  Figured it must be from test firing so called them and said I ‘d send it back. Person I spoke with was gushing about how cool it is. Figured this was the only application I had for it. Try anything once.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$100 in free accessories....lucky! All I've ever received was a Dillo ornament, the Dust, and a paint can mixer.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 11:07:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Probably something custom they made for test firing like the dry fire trigger demo that they gave with triggers for awhile.
Some ranges do not allow shooting with out sights.
It something you can quickly use to test fire new builds while at the range.
Don't over think this.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 11:12:21 AM EDT
[#37]
I am faster on notch sights. Unironicly, this is the product I’ve been waiting for.

Than again, my AR tastes are decidedly plebeian… so maybe I should hold off.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 11:20:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 11:43:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Is everybody purposefully overlooking the comments about the potential purpose for this and how it relates to the brace ruling?

I don't know if this product helps with chart points or not, but it is worth discussing....before we continue to just throw LaRue down the driveway.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 11:52:03 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Is everybody purposefully overlooking the comments about the potential purpose for this and how it relates to the brace ruling?

I don't know if this product helps with chart points or not, but it is worth discussing....before we continue to just throw LaRue down the driveway.
View Quote
It's been mentioned, but no one has cared to explain how this product would help with that when asked.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 12:01:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don’t think chart points exist anymore. It either has a pistol brace and is sub 16” or it isn’t.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 12:19:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

AR uppers with no provision for a front site are out there. Look at the PSA Marauder, or a lot of 300BO builds.
I don't think people who are concerned about having a BUIS are setting their rifles up that way.
I think most people who could actually use this are just going to buy a SIG MSR red dot instead.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 12:20:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Haha!

Link Posted: 3/24/2023 12:40:17 PM EDT
[#44]
or i can spend a Cnote on sig romeo5, which works better, is lighter and um doesn't look retarded

Link Posted: 3/24/2023 12:42:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 12:43:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Lol that’s along the lines of someone with a Ford Mustang or F150 that puts a huge FORD sticker on the front windshield.

Llama ding dong, the rifle is dead.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 1:00:07 PM EDT
[#47]
My personal favorite part is how he's responding to a bunch of comments on his Instagram posts about it saying, "Go ahead and slap it on your rifle out of the box and tell me if you can hit a pie plate at 10 yards with it."

Like that's some magical feat of accuracy...? Pretty sure most mildly competent shooters (i.e. basically anybody that is into shooting guns enough to know about LaRue) could do that with most rifles at 10 yards just by sighting roughly down a bare rail.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 1:04:00 PM EDT
[#48]
This thing is Monkeypox level gay.

There are some really nice LaRue products, but the guy appears to be very weird and socially awkward. This is an example of wasted money due to not being in his right mind. I saw some his videos and posts and it looks like he needs some therapy and mental health treatment
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 1:05:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
About the only way I think this would be okay is mounted on a freefloat Mlok handguard at 45 degrees using a pic rail section. If you don’t like the Magpul Mbus Offset sights, the C-note could give you offset AK47 style irons on the handguard.
View Quote

A company (JP?) had something like that in the earliest days of 3-gunning, before 45* offset irons/RMRs were cool.  I still have one in a box somewhere.  It actually worked really well for the purpose--an off-set iron sight if you ran a MPVO or an LPVO and weren't allowed a second 1x optic.

ETA  Found it.  JP Short Range Tactical Sight

Link Posted: 3/24/2023 1:31:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

A company (JP?) had something like that in the earliest days of 3-gunning, before 45* offset irons/RMRs were cool.  I still have one in a box somewhere.  It actually worked really well for the purpose--an off-set iron sight if you ran a MPVO or an LPVO and weren't allowed a second 1x optic.

ETA  Found it.  JP Short Range Tactical Sight

https://i.vgy.me/WbVMYK.jpg
View Quote
I've been looking for one of those.

They're kinda neat on super short pistol caliber AR pistols.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top