Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 9:55:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Accoridng to the bible, God has killed about 2,083,344 people.

According to the bible, Satan has killed 10.  I think this is why Lavey called it Satanism, Satan as a character basically represents all normal human instincts.  and I dig your sig.

One could argue that it was Satan who doomed them.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 9:56:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
One acknowledges that man's inherent nature is beastly.

the other doesn't.

so they are quite different.  One is more fundamentally correct.

There a differences.  I was hoping to highlight the individualism, and self reliance aspectsm and maybe give Libertarians here someone new to read.

I find the ideas compatible.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 9:58:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

According to the bible, Satan has killed 10.  I think this is why Lavey called it Satanism, Satan as a character basically represents all normal human instincts.  and I dig your sig.

and God who saved them.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 9:59:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

and God who saved them.

Yup.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 10:01:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

there are some similarities, if it wasnt called 'satanism' people wouldnt be so put off about it. I think at the core it is mostly about live and let live, pleasure and not being bound by perceived chains of a religion. Its been well over a decade since I studied it though.

If it wasn't called Satanism, no one would've ever heard of Lavey.

He named it that precisely to garner the negative attention that would be associated with it.

Link Posted: 6/10/2013 10:02:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

and God who saved them.

Saved them from what?  I dont wanna get into this, but sending a lion to devour people because they wouldnt listen to you isnt a good look for an omnipotent being.

I dont wanna get into a religous debate.

I see a parallel in them in this way.

In Eden, God had a monoply on knowledge and power.  Satan disagreed with God basically hoarding these items for himself, and encouraged the individual to act for themselves, rather than wait for God to tell them what to do or give them things, Satan was empowering the individual in the shadow of a tyrant.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 10:02:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Saved them from what?  I dont wanna get into this, but sending a lion to devour people because they wouldnt listen to you isnt a good look for an omnipotent being.

In Eden, God had a monoply on knowledge and power.  Satan disagreed with God basically hoarding these items for himself, and encouraged the individual to act for themselves, rather than wait for God to tell them what to do or give them things, Satan was empowering the individual in the shadow of a tyrant.

Eternal damnation.

Some would say Satan was empowering selfishness in the face of following goodness.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 10:06:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll bite.  

I'm a Libertarian and an Atheist.  That means I don't believe in any supernatural stuff or beings or whatever.  

That said, in the HYPOTHETICAL case that the Bible was literally true in all of its words, I'd have to side with the Morning Star.  The God in that book is diabolical in terms of its behavior.  We're talking repeated genocide, infanticide, and constant psychological and physical torture of its victims to make them "love" and worship his divine self.  Sorry.  I'd have to rebel against a being like that and since Lucifer is already fighting the same fight, he's less of an enemy than the big guy himself.  

So cold God and Satan supposed to be able to kill each other or are they doomed to flail at each other like a couple of tards slap fighting over which one is the biggest doodoo head for all eternity?  If the latter, that's kind of funny.

If God hates sin, and Lucifer is sin embodied, and God is omnipotent, why doesn't he just obliterate Lucifer and all the sin in the universe?  Does the fact that he doesn't, indicate inability or a desire to keep sin in place?

As for libertarianism being the root of Satanism, I don't really care.  It's not my concern what use people have for the principles of liberty so long as they don't initiate force.  As long as they do that, I won't initiate force either.  I'll let the satanism experts  deal with the details.  

For the record, if you learned about satanism through another faith, you're not an expert any more than I am.  

If you want to be really hard on the almighty, he's what kills EVERYONE.  I mean, if he wanted us to, we'd live forever.  We don't, and everything happens according to his plan, so it's because of his plan that we die.  

Link Posted: 6/10/2013 10:07:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just wandered over to make sure the level of derp in the thread was commensurate with the thread title.

This thread has exceeded the derp quota by 250%. If you need help in another thread to make quota, we can send in the OP.

Now is that derp in proportion to the thread length so far, or quantified standalone derp units as measured by the Interrmagherdnational Standard?

87 DUDU (DU Derp Units).
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 10:09:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

and God who saved them.

I dont want to debate it either but to think of God as a tyrant for hoarding all the power for himself is a bit silly. Lets consider that if God is the God we believe him to be infinite in existence, power etc then no matter what we will never have that as humans. Humanity had everything it needed, given by God in the garden. Satan introduced them to sin, basically. They lied about what happened, they blamed others and failed to take any responsibility (much of the problems we still see today.) This all works out for satan, he knows that once mankind is introduced to sin they will have to make a choice, just as he did and those choices will break the heart of God. Satanism to an extent still harps on those core concepts right? Feels good do it, kinda thing. Even though we know within reason that doesnt always work. Our actions will always effect others no matter how 'private' we keep them or how much we think they wont.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 10:09:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
-

If you want to be really hard on the almighty, he's what kills EVERYONE.  I mean, if he wanted us to, we'd live forever.  We don't, and everything happens according to his plan, so it's because of his plan that we die.  

Link Posted: 6/10/2013 10:10:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Libertarianism stands on it's own, without the need to conjure up imaginary deities and pointless rituals, just to troll Christians (which is all Satanism is, as far as I'm concerned).
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 10:10:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll bite.  

I'm a Libertarian and an Atheist.  That means I don't believe in any supernatural stuff or beings or whatever.  

That said, in the HYPOTHETICAL case that the Bible was literally true in all of its words, I'd have to side with the Morning Star.  The God in that book is diabolical in terms of its behavior.  We're talking repeated genocide, infanticide, and constant psychological and physical torture of its victims to make them "love" and worship his divine self.  Sorry.  I'd have to rebel against a being like that and since Lucifer is already fighting the same fight, he's less of an enemy than the big guy himself.  

So cold God and Satan supposed to be able to kill each other or are they doomed to flail at each other like a couple of tards slap fighting over which one is the biggest doodoo head for all eternity?  If the latter, that's kind of funny.

If God hates sin, and Lucifer is sin embodied, and God is omnipotent, why doesn't he just obliterate Lucifer and all the sin in the universe?  Does the fact that he doesn't, indicate inability or a desire to keep sin in place?

As for libertarianism being the root of Satanism, I don't really care.  It's not my concern what use people have for the principles of liberty so long as they don't initiate force.  As long as they do that, I won't initiate force either.  I'll let the satanism experts  deal with the details.  

For the record, if you learned about satanism through another faith, you're not an expert any more than I am.  

and then live forever either by his side or not.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 10:10:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

and God who saved them.

I dont want to debate it either but to think of God as a tyrant for hoarding all the power for himself is a bit silly. Lets consider that if God is the God we believe him to be infinite in existence, power etc then no matter what we will never have that as humans. Humanity had everything it needed, given by God in the garden. Satan introduced them to sin, basically. They lied about what happened, they blamed others and failed to take any responsibility (much of the problems we still see today.) This all works out for satan, he knows that once mankind is introduced to sin they will have to make a choice, just as he did and those choices will break the heart of God. Satanism to an extent still harps on those core concepts right? Feels good do it, kinda thing. Even though we know within reason that doesnt always work. Our actions will always effect others no matter how 'private' we keep them or how much we think they wont.

yes.  one main aspect of satanism is indulgence over abstinence.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 10:12:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Libertarianism stands on it's own, without the need to conjure up imaginary deities and pointless rituals, just to troll Christians (which is all Satanism is, as far as I'm concerned).

LaVey admitted that his brand was Ayn Rand with trappings, objectivism for those who crave ritual.

I read Lavey a while ago, and was intrigued at how he rationilized the "7 deadly sins"

does libertarianism need LaVey?  No of course not.  I just think their eerily similar, and it is often not acknowledged
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 10:14:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

and God who saved them.

yes.  one main aspect of satanism is indulgence over abstinence.

there you have it then. its a touch of indulgence, do what you want, as long as you arent hurting anyone its okay.
Christianity is viewed as the opposite, dont do anything its terrible or however it is portrayed.
I am a Christian that was once satanic.

Link Posted: 6/10/2013 10:19:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll bite.  

and then live forever either by his side or not.

I kind of figure it's a moot point and he doesn't exist, and we all die because everything dies eventually.  I can live with that.  If the bible was true though, it'd be a whole different ball o wax.  
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 10:20:05 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Yup.  And, in doing som only alienates folks who you would rather have as allies.  

Link Posted: 6/10/2013 10:20:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Apply pressure to your throat with your own hand...

Link Posted: 6/10/2013 10:21:03 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm a libertarian and a Christian...

So I guess I'm a walking contradiction?
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 10:21:06 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup.  And, in doing som only alienates folks who you would rather have as allies.    

Bingo.

Link Posted: 6/10/2013 10:24:11 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

You're not alone. I have a few hard core libertarian friends, who also happen to be Christians (and not the "only on Sunday" types, either). They're not incompatible.

There is no way in hell (pardon the pun) that I'm going to alienate these folks, by linking libertarianism to Satanism, or Atheism, or anything else for that matter.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 10:26:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

LaVey admitted that his brand was Ayn Rand with trappings, objectivism for those who crave ritual.

I read Lavey a while ago, and was intrigued at how he rationilized the "7 deadly sins"

does libertarianism need LaVey?  No of course not.  I just think their eerily similar, and it is often not acknowledged

I'll go with the sins being OK sometimes, at least for some of em.  Greed powers darn near everything good that happens in this world.  Well, greed and lust.  We do amazing things for money and orgasms.  Actually, sloth is pretty productive too, if you look at the things we do to save labor.  Gluttony lets us come up with ever better things to munch on, and drunkenness fuels the development of ever better whiskey, beer, wine, etc.  Pride and envy make us work hard and do GOOD work.  

Wrath on the other hand......Wait a minute.  Wrath has its place too, when it comes to protecting the folks you care about from predators.  

OK, all of em have their place in life.  Of course they're two edged blades, so they're just as capable of doing harm as they are of motivating us to do good things.  Why do we call them sins though?  

--Devil's Advocate, here.  I think I just turned into a libertarian satanist, lol!  

Thank god there's no...........god.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 10:27:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Be careful.  You might just get burned at the stake around here.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 10:29:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bingo.

Damn it, there I was having fun ripping on everything and now you have to go and make me feel like I'm harming the cause.  

OK, Whether or not there's a God, a Devil or anything else, there are people, and life is lots better when we treat each other the way we'd like to be treated, and don't go attacking each other.  If that's evil, call me a bad guy.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 10:29:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:

You're not alone. I have a few hard core libertarian friends, who also happen to be Christians (and not the "only on Sunday" types, either). They're not incompatible.    

There is no way in hell (pardon the pun) that I'm going to alienate these folks, by linking libertarianism to Satanism, or Atheism, or anything else for that matter.

I'm not trying to alienate anyone.  Lavey has acknowledged Rand as an inspiration, so I was trying to see if anyone else read some Lavey as well.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 10:30:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh...

I choose to worship my God out of my own free will. I am not bound to my religion by any force other than my decision and acceptance.

If anyone doesn't like that, they can pound sand.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 10:30:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bingo.

Damn it, there I was having fun ripping on everything and now you have to go and make me feel like I'm harming the cause.  

OK, Whether or not there's a God, a Devil or anything else, there are people, and life is lots better when we treat each other the way we'd like to be treated, and don't go attacking each other.  If that's evil, call me a bad guy.

No your right.  Again, I wasnt trying to (pun)demonize libertarianism.  I consider myself to be libertarian(isn)
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 10:32:58 AM EDT
[#29]
We just get rid of one attention-whoring self-proclaimed 'Satanist' and another one pops up.  

Link Posted: 6/10/2013 10:34:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
We just get rid of one attention-whoring self-proclaimed 'Satanist' and another one pops up.  

It's almost like they enjoy discord.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 10:38:13 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 10:42:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Looks like op terrified some self described libretarians.

First of all, levey type santanism is not the same thing as occultsatanism, whitch craft etc that goes back to medieval times or whatever.  There is a satanist church that actually worships satan literally and all sorts of weord shit.    levey didnt actually believe in jesus or satan or the supernatural gennerally.  Furthermore his basic philosophy, which is all it is with ritual overlayment, is similar in many respects to basic libretarian philosophy.  Sorry, tis the truth.

As towhy he called his philosophy satanism.  Isuppose to be sensational, to bring attention to his movement.  Also, to point out that his philosophy is generally cpunter-cultural to our western judeo-christian ethic.   The similarities to libretarianism come from his notion that christian morality has largely been a tool of the ruling class to keep us in lin for example telling us that god wills it that vengenance is immoral unless it is executed by the state or that we should get married and have lots of kids that gov can useas collateral to accumulate more debt.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 10:42:53 AM EDT
[#33]

Back in the '80s all the records I listened to had backward messages in them and were supposed to turn me into a baby-sacrificing devil-worshipping servant of evil.

When do I get my refund?

Link Posted: 6/10/2013 10:43:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 10:45:13 AM EDT
[#35]
The subject in the op is between Rand and Levay.

I would not say that that is the same as Satanism and Libertarianism or minarchism

Levay had his brand of satanism that seems just selfish hedonism with rituals and satan or othe such names envoked.

As long as they arent infringing on anyone elses rights.. Whats the issue?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 10:45:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

First of all, levey type santanism is not the same thing as occultsatanism, whitch craft etc that goes back to medieval times or whatever.  There is a satanist church that actually worships satan literally and all sorts of weord shit.    levey didnt actually believe in jesus or satan or the supernatural gennerally.  Furthermore his basic philosophy, which is all it is with ritual overlayment, [red]is similar in many respects to basic libretarian philosophy.  Sorry, tis the truth.[\red]

As towhy he called his philosophy satanism.  Isuppose to be sensational, to bring attention to his movement.  Also, to point out that his philosophy is generally cpunter-cultural to our western judeo-christian ethic.   The similarities to libretarianism come from his notion that christian morality has largely been a tool of the ruling class to keep us in lin for example telling us that god wills it that vengenance is immoral unless it is executed by the state or that we should get married and have lots of kids that gov can useas collateral to accumulate more debt.

Thank you.

@dalesimpson I'm waiting
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 10:49:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Even I haven't tried to suggest Libertarians are satanists

It never occurred to me

Link Posted: 6/10/2013 10:54:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh...

I choose to worship my God out of my own free will. I am not bound to my religion by any force other than my decision and acceptance.

If anyone doesn't like that, they can pound sand.

Well said.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 11:00:34 AM EDT
[#39]
Op, you should edit the opto point out that anton levey satanism and underround occult demonic satanism are not the same thing.

In somerespects satan , in the biblestories, can be considered a free spirit or whatever.

I wouldpoint out that christianity can be compatiblewith libretariansm becausr it has a fundemental distrust of human nature which implies that a gov of men ought to be distrusted and limited to prevent shit like what stalin did. also, the person of,jesus,himself was certainly acontrarian to the established jewish and roman order of the time, he believed that all people had worth, even lepers and sluts and such, and children btw.  Honestly, there might be more parallels between jesus and satan than jesus and the old testtament "god" who frankly did tell people to go kill children and even babies.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 11:02:05 AM EDT
[#40]
Libertarianism isn't very concenred with revenge. Satanism is.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 11:03:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Ayn Rand promoted free will, being wiser than the others around you, and a thirst for learning.

Satan represents knowledge, free thinking, and the individual, and the thirst for more knowledge, as the Apple story says.

Rand was an atheist.   She didn't believe any more in Satan than she did in Jesus.  Even dumber, is the idea that you equate knowledge, free thinking and and individualism with Satanism.

Even dumber, you just demonstrated you dont know what Satanism is.

Satan told the first humans to eat the Apple to gain more knowledge, so that God would not have a monoply on that power....sound familiar yet?

Maybe I should have posted this under books.  There really is no "derp" in here.  again, no one is bowing down and worshipping the dark prince, we are simply talking about Anton LAveys ideas and how they are similar to Ayn Rand.

Ban OP already
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 11:05:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Ayn Rand promoted free will, being wiser than the others around you, and a thirst for learning.

Satan represents knowledge, free thinking, and the individual, and the thirst for more knowledge, as the Apple story says.

Rand was an atheist.   She didn't believe any more in Satan than she did in Jesus.  Even dumber, is the idea that you equate knowledge, free thinking and and individualism with Satanism.

Satan told the first humans to eat the Apple to gain more knowledge, so that God would not have a monoply on that power....sound familiar yet?

Maybe I should have posted this under books.  There really is no "derp" in here.  again, no one is bowing down and worshipping the dark prince, we are simply talking about Anton LAveys ideas and how they are similar to Ayn Rand.

Ban OP already

on what grounds?  I find it amusing you call for the ban hammer for those that disagree with you.  Not very freedom-loving of you.  Let this thread die, not enough people understand what Laveyan Satanism is.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 11:11:28 AM EDT
[#43]
These threads always end up with the Christians espousing their beliefs, the atheist theirs and the trolls eating the billy goats.

Link Posted: 6/10/2013 11:16:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Ban OP already

on what grounds?  I find it amusing you call for the ban hammer for those that disagree with you.  Not very freedom-loving of you.  Let this thread die, not enough people understand what Laveyan Satanism is.

On stupidity grounds - and don't complain - hey this is the new Barry's America (I bet you voted for Barry dont you?)- say what you think and IRS will come and get you.

Link Posted: 6/10/2013 11:26:04 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ban OP already

On stupidity grounds - and don't complain - hey this is the new Barry's America (I bet you voted for Barry dont you?)- say what you think and IRS will come and get you.

No need to ban the OP. Judicious use of the Ignore button... The OP brings the herp and derp on a regular basis, if he is banned we'll just end up with someone familiar.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 1:24:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

First of all, levey type santanism is not the same thing as occultsatanism, whitch craft etc that goes back to medieval times or whatever.  There is a satanist church that actually worships satan literally and all sorts of weord shit.    levey didnt actually believe in jesus or satan or the supernatural gennerally.  Furthermore his basic philosophy, which is all it is with ritual overlayment, [red]is similar in many respects to basic libretarian philosophy.  Sorry, tis the truth.[\red]

Thank you.

@dalesimpson I'm waiting

Wat???
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 2:23:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 2:23:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Some guy wrote a bunch of nonsense and you are putting stake in it.  It is incredibly silly to equate the two seeing as how one essentially predates the other by hundreds of years of development and political evolution. If Levay borrowed anything from it, that hardly merits a serious discussion.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 2:26:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Lavey was a retard appropriating good ideas and writings for his retarded Church of Satan.

His daughter however was hot as hell, but has since turned into a buddhist hippy.

Nietzsche + Ragnar Redbeard = freedom

Christianity = communism = slavery
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 3:58:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you.

@dalesimpson I'm waiting

I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt but you're making it difficult.

Plus, I'm not really into wrestling with pigs, and since you are on my ignore list we wouldn't be able to engage in a pissing contest.

I'm sorry I don't know what you are talking about or what @dale... means or what you like or dont like about my post.

the first line of my post is not implicating that libertariansim = satanism, but that  a lot of libertarians don't know what Levey actually taught, which is not the occult.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top