Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/27/2018 6:01:23 PM EDT

https://www.foxnews.com/travel/life-sized-replica-of-noahs-ark-will-sail-to-israel-says-dutch-carpenter-who-built-it

Ark builder extraordinaire Johan Huibers plans to sail his copy of Gods ship from Holland to Israel  all 2,500-ton of the life-sized replica.

One major hurdle to overcome first, though, is that the Dutch carpenters vessel has no motor, so hell need to rent tugboats to sail it.

However, tugboats dont come cheap and will cost the businessman, who made a fortune constructing storage spaces, more than $1.3 million to hire for the journey.

Several years ago he was quoted saying he hoped to sail the 95-foot-wide vessel, which spans five floors and can hold more than 5,000 passengers, to Brazil. But those plans fell through.

Now, he wants to take the ship to Israel, declaring his love for the Jewish state in an interview with the Jewish Telegraphic Agency, adding that this is a copy of Gods ship. It only makes sense to take it to Gods land.

I love the county, I love the people. They dont obey, they do what they want, they drive like mad, shove while waiting in line and dont listen to anyone. Just like me.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 6:03:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Good luck
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 6:05:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, at least it’s more seaworthy than that Russian carrier.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 6:06:17 PM EDT
[#3]
A giraffe as a bowsprit?

I like this guy
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 6:06:17 PM EDT
[#4]
What's a cubit?
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 6:06:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Run aground  in Turkey?

What a co-inkadink!
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 6:06:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Titanic 2: Mediterranean Boogaloo
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 6:06:51 PM EDT
[#7]

That's some real dedication there.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 6:08:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Watch out for icebergs.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 6:08:23 PM EDT
[#9]
A more noble effort than the wacko museum in Kentucky.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 6:08:33 PM EDT
[#10]
A three hour tour ...
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 6:12:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
https://a57.foxnews.com/static.foxnews.com/foxnews.com/content/uploads/2018/11/1862/1048/Noah-Ark-1.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

https://www.foxnews.com/travel/life-sized-replica-of-noahs-ark-will-sail-to-israel-says-dutch-carpenter-who-built-it

Ark builder extraordinaire Johan Huibers plans to sail his copy of Gods ship from Holland to Israel  all 2,500-ton of the life-sized replica.

One major hurdle to overcome first, though, is that the Dutch carpenters vessel has no motor, so hell need to rent tugboats to sail it.

However, tugboats dont come cheap and will cost the businessman, who made a fortune constructing storage spaces, more than $1.3 million to hire for the journey.

Several years ago he was quoted saying he hoped to sail the 95-foot-wide vessel, which spans five floors and can hold more than 5,000 passengers, to Brazil. But those plans fell through.

Now, he wants to take the ship to Israel, declaring his love for the Jewish state in an interview with the Jewish Telegraphic Agency, adding that this is a copy of Gods ship. It only makes sense to take it to Gods land.

I love the county, I love the people. They dont obey, they do what they want, they drive like mad, shove while waiting in line and dont listen to anyone. Just like me.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 6:13:14 PM EDT
[#12]
How long can he tread water?
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 6:16:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Watch out for icebergs.
View Quote
And Spain.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 6:19:35 PM EDT
[#14]
That’s the Chinese carrier
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 6:19:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
How long can he tread water?
View Quote
Ok Lord, me and you right? 'Cause I knew it all the time.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 6:20:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
And Spain.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Watch out for icebergs.
And Spain.
And the “Libyan Coastguard”
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 6:20:25 PM EDT
[#17]
I don't think you can fit two of every species on that thing.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 6:20:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
What's a cubit?
View Quote
let's see...a cubit...I used to know what a cubit was...
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 6:22:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
What's a cubit?
View Quote
Apparently that thing you slip in a girls drink.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 6:24:45 PM EDT
[#20]
lol
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 6:33:32 PM EDT
[#21]
When it fails, the faithful will claim it wasn't divinely inspired.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 6:34:26 PM EDT
[#22]
5,000 capacity?
Maybe a quick trip via Tijuana, then a tragic boating accident...it'd be....biblical

Link Posted: 11/27/2018 6:40:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
What's a cubit?
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 6:54:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Interesting fact, of all the flood stories, from Gilgamesh et al, the one in the Bible is the only one that has a plan for a boat that would actually float.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 6:55:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Theres one in KY too
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 6:55:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I don't think you can fit two of every species on that thing.
View Quote
You can fit two of every kind that needs an ark, though. Not the same thing.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 6:56:03 PM EDT
[#27]
no guarantee that "Ark" will survive the voyage...
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 6:56:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Oh, and seven of the clean kind.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 6:56:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
cryogenics and a few surrogate moms
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 6:59:19 PM EDT
[#30]
It's not going to sail anywhere. It could get towed or transported, but it has no propulsion. It's a glorified trailer.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 7:20:19 PM EDT
[#31]
A cubit could've been 17.5" to 20.6" depending on what your culture was.

The Ark could feasibly be 250-300k sq feet under roof.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 7:29:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Norwegians are gonna run into it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 7:34:13 PM EDT
[#33]
I wonder what its capacity for food and water is?  Level that deck and bring back WW I aeroplanes just like some of those barges that were used to launch aircraft.  Needs a cruiser to tow her fast enough.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 7:35:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
It's not going to sail anywhere. It could get towed or transported, but it has no propulsion. It's a glorified trailer.
View Quote
Prison barge, just like the prison hulks the British used to have.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 7:42:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Funny, but I'm sort of cereal. Think of the finches on Galapagos. They're all finches. When they get different enough, they are classified as a separate species, but really they are all of the kind "finch". Noah didn't have to take 37 different species of wolf, and 87 species of equine. Just a couple. Not even a strict creationist would argue against speciation over time.
Well, maybe Ken Hamm, but he thinks God is a lying illusionist.

And a lot of species obviously didn't need an ark. Ants, for example and fish, frogs. Snakes. Et al.

So far all of the speciation observed has been a loss of information, not inclusion of a random beneficial mutation. That concept is hypothesized ex post facto, never observed.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 7:46:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
What's a cubit?
View Quote
From the tip of your middle finger to your elbow I think.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 7:50:12 PM EDT
[#37]
And when you think about it, it seems rather obvious it can't really work that way. One individual of an entire species accidentally mutating a new helpful trait is pretty unlikely, but then that single individual is able to procreate so much, assuming it's even a heritable trait, that it becomes common and defines a new species? How likely is that? Which is why there's always agency snuck in the back door while pretending it isn't really agency. "Because they needed to see better, they developed better eyes." Well, see, there's no power to cause change possessed by a "need", because several reason's but primarily, "need" is not a thing. It has no being.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 7:53:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Somewhere around Gibraltar it will be boarded by "refugees," who will shit all over everything, rape the animals, and convert it to a Mosque.  Then it will catch on fire, capsize, and sink.  The owner will be sued for all his money by over 9000 more "refugees" claiming to be next of kin to the dead refugees.  The owner will lose his entire fortune between paying the lawyers and the gibs me dat crowd.  He will die penniless and alone in a migrant slum where he is spat on daily for being an "infidel."  The left will cheer this victory over "white privilege."

THE END.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 7:55:52 PM EDT
[#39]
It's built on a big pontoon.

Sea voyarge with tugs might do it but could go to shit with the slightest rough sea.

On the other hand the Dutch like to ship big things and have some ships to do it.

Not religious in any way but more power to the guy and his crazy project.  
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 8:02:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
So Noah's ark was in excess of 500 feet long.  HMS Victory, which was about the limit of 18th century naval architecture, was 227 feet long.  Ships didn't get much larger until wood was replaced with steel because wooden structures have natural limitations before the thing twists itself to pieces through hogging and sagging, etc.  So how did a Bronze Age civilization solve naval architecture problems that even 18th century navies could not?  How did a ship with no means of propulsion not capsize from wave movement since it could not point its bow into the waves?
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 8:05:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Wan't it originally an amusement park attraction? I doubt it was built to maritime specs.

But all the power to him for fulfilling his dream. I doubt its seaworthy in realistic sea states but it would be fascinating to see.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 8:05:03 PM EDT
[#42]
If I were a bazillionaire I'd have a giant blimp with my face on it and fly it around NY.  Just to piss people off.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 8:08:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Wan't it originally an amusement park attraction? I doubt it was built to maritime specs.

But all the power to him for fulfilling his dream. I doubt its seaworthy in realistic sea states but it would be fascinating to see.
View Quote
That's the Ken Ham's Ark Encounter attraction.  He also has a creation museam.

Different fake boat.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 8:10:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
So Noah's ark was in excess of 500 feet long.  HMS Victory, which was about the limit of 18th century naval architecture, was 227 feet long.  Ships didn't get much larger until wood was replaced with steel because wooden structures have natural limitations before the thing twists itself to pieces through hogging and sagging, etc.  So how did a Bronze Age civilization solve naval architecture problems that even 18th century navies could not?  How did a ship with no means of propulsion not capsize from wave movement since it could not point its bow into the waves?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Simple.  For both answers actually.  1. It/they didn't. 2. Magic.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 8:12:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah.  I have a healthy respect for Christianity, but that story has to be allegory at best.  Most likely there was widespread regional flooding in the area at the end of the last Ice Age.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 8:21:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Yeah.  I have a healthy respect for Christianity, but that story has to be allegory at best.  Most likely there was widespread regional flooding in the area at the end of the last Ice Age.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I figure the story comes from the fact that you can find fossil sea shells high up in the Himalayas, and other high altitude places.   The water must have been that high, right?
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 8:25:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Laughs in cubits.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 8:28:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The design has been evaluated by naval architects numerous times, it's basically a barge with no propulsion and with a cg that keeps it from capsizing.  It only had to last a few weeks, really -- it wasn't built to be a seagoing vessel to last twenty years.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 8:30:38 PM EDT
[#49]
That's pretty cool, but I would have put some engines in it for sure...
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 8:31:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I figure the story comes from the fact that you can find fossil sea shells high up in the Himalayas, and other high altitude places.   The water must have been that high, right?
View Quote
No.  Flood happened before the continents split, and before the mountains were raised and valleys laid low.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top