Page / 2
Posted: 11/6/2019 2:30:40 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 2:34:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 2:37:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not being able to sit on discovery until your watching jurors come into the building.
View Quote
How was that ever legal?
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 2:55:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I am absolutely convinced that liberalism is a mental disorder.  I honestly can't follow how these people think.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 2:57:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Feds were doing this with Flynn...slow turnover.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 2:59:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Giving  their voting base a reward for voting them in
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 3:14:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 3:16:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Actually not sure why some of those guys are being cut loose.

And boo hoo about DA's. Not being able to sit on discovery until your watching jurors come into the building. They're already starting to give up and give me stuff I never would have gotten right away before, heh heh.

The bail stuff is awful though

edit court can't impose bail anymore except on violent felonies and misdemeanors for witness tampering and violating and order or protection. In case anyone was wondering what this was about.

prosecutors also have to turn over evidence earlier now
View Quote
**you're**

Link Posted: 11/6/2019 3:17:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I am absolutely convinced that liberalism is a mental disorder.  I honestly can't follow how these people think.
View Quote
Every last one of them should be in an asylum
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 3:18:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Isn’t this the beginning of every Batman movie?
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 3:23:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 3:25:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Escape from NY
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 3:30:42 PM EDT
[#12]
This isn't all bad news.  I would assume it would make criminals want to stay in NY.

Gotta find that silver lining.  
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 3:33:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Enjoy your holiday raping and murdering thanks to Diblasio and Cuomo NYC!
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 3:36:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 3:36:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 3:36:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 3:38:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Escape from NY
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Escape from NY
Can you dig it?
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 3:41:50 PM EDT
[#19]
fuck that guinea cocksucker
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 3:42:12 PM EDT
[#20]
This fucking state never ceases to amaze and disappoint me.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 3:43:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Sounds like there won’t be any “unintended” consequences.  Nope.  No-sir-ee-bob.  No way.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 3:44:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 3:47:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
After a criminal runs someone over in a police chase and gets let go with a ticket they aren't going to hang around, they'll head to Florida.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This isn't all bad news.  I would assume it would make criminals want to stay in NY.

Gotta find that silver lining.  
After a criminal runs someone over in a police chase and gets let go with a ticket they aren't going to hang around, they'll head to Florida.
Nah, they know whats up, just like homeless in Austin and Portland.

Then again, Florida does have a NYC problem.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 3:50:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 3:51:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

How was that ever legal?
View Quote
Um its New York, they dont have to abide by the law, only the lowly Serfs do.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 3:55:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
They think just like you, only in the exact opposite direction.

For example:  Normal people see a child molester and want him/her as far away from children as possible.  Liberals see a child molester, and say "just because bill clinton flew to epstien's island doesn't mean he and epstein were child molesters, and clearly this is Trump's fault for causing the fires in california with his climate change machine.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 3:58:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
How was that ever legal?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not being able to sit on discovery until your watching jurors come into the building.
How was that ever legal?
Yeah, I'd like the bird to explain this one a bit further.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 3:59:57 PM EDT
[#28]
The Dark Knight Rises - Bane Blackgate Prison Speech (HD) IMAX
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 4:04:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Man who killed bystander in police chase could not be held in jail under new law.
https://cbs6albany.com/news/local/recent-tragedy-sparks-criticism-of-new-yorks-bail-reform-plans
View Quote
"He also says enforcing appearance tickets could fall on sheriff's offices and police departments."

Yeah, they told us the same with our bail reform.

We laughed and said "Good luck with that"

We didn't.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 4:04:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

How was that ever legal?
View Quote
DA:  "Oh we weren't withholding it your honor.  We would have shared it immediately but we just got it this morning.  I hope the defense is not insinuating we would have purposely withheld the game camera videotape of the defendant committing the crime, stealing Halloween candy from a child, pissing on a dog, keying the judge's wife's Lexus, throwing the stolen weapons off the bridge, feeding crack to a handicapped person, and then laughing about it."  
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 4:06:56 PM EDT
[#31]
lol, they wanted it and now they get it good and hard.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 4:13:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
They can not think, yet still manage to keep breathing and breeding.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 4:16:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Actually not sure why some of those guys are being cut loose.

And boo hoo about DA's. Not being able to sit on discovery until your watching jurors come into the building. They're already starting to give up and give me stuff I never would have gotten right away before, heh heh.

The bail stuff is awful though

edit court can't impose bail anymore except on violent felonies and misdemeanors for witness tampering and violating and order or protection.
In case anyone was wondering what this was about.

prosecutors also have to turn over evidence earlier now
View Quote
When this happened here, the crime rate went through the roof. Good luck.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 4:16:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Mayor Bill de Blasio’s plans to offer the accused free baseball tickets, movie passes and gift cards to get them to return for court may look naïve — as one Manhattan Criminal Court senior staffer aptly put it: “You’re literally rewarding them for committing a crime.” But rewarding criminals fits perfectly with the new law.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 4:17:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Really in the USA you did not get all the available evidence like 6 months ahead of trial?
View Quote
Lots of jurisdictions fuck around with discovery.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 4:17:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 4:18:29 PM EDT
[#37]
LOL
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 4:18:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How was that ever legal?
There's been a ton of articles about NY DAs refusing or slow rolling discovery

Granted most of the articles have been from BLM types so they don't get much play in conservative , police , and gun culture circles

https://www.cityandstateny.com/articles/opinion/new-york-imbalanced-discovery-law-day.html

The Blindfold Law allows prosecutors to withhold police reports and other vital information from the defense team until the day a trial begins. Under current law, the Manhattan District Attorney’s office is even allowed to deny you the right to know who is accusing you of a crime. New York is one of only four states in the country that operates this way. It’s time to make our courts more efficient and fair.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 4:20:48 PM EDT
[#39]
They’re only releasing 900? That’s not enough to be very concerned about. I would commute the sentences of the entire prison population and get myself a bunch more voters.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 4:23:05 PM EDT
[#40]
We have a similar law here.  If the DA can't come up with their case in 12 days the case gets dropped.  We have tons of people using the jail as a merry go round.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 4:25:01 PM EDT
[#41]
That escalated quickly.

clown world.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 4:25:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Don't worry, you're safe. Criminals in NY flee to
1-Florida (way far away leader)
2-California
3-Colorado
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah, they know whats up, just like homeless in Austin and Portland.

Then again, Florida does have a NYC problem.
Don't worry, you're safe. Criminals in NY flee to
1-Florida (way far away leader)
2-California
3-Colorado
And, depending on which county they land in, they can be in a very different world when they get to Florida.  Some have ended up on the Gulf Coast or central Florida and learned that Law Enforcement, Judges and Juries don't play nice with other states' refuse.  OF course, if they don't speed, don't get in fights or get caught with drugs, and manage to avoid being shot by an angry homeowner at 3 AM, it is somewhat easy to "go to ground" over here
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 4:25:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 4:26:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Prison reform yo
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 4:26:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 4:27:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
So your shit sack of a governor did good then.  Criminals go elsewhere to be elsewhere's problem to collect, some nobody is mad his peasant wife's murder didn't go to trial, but who cares?  He's little people.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 4:28:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 4:30:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 4:32:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Sure, Ny had pretty limited statutory requirements on what the prosecution had to disclose and when. http://ypdcrime.com/cpl/article240.htm#c240.20

I pulled out a criminal procedure book from a couple of years ago: The people are under no obligation to open their files to the defense Discovery in criminal cases cannot be ordered  beyond what is allowable by statute, example there is no requirement for disclosing the identities of witnesses, where a witness came to the prosecution's attention during trial the prosecution was entitled to call the witness.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure, Ny had pretty limited statutory requirements on what the prosecution had to disclose and when. http://ypdcrime.com/cpl/article240.htm#c240.20

I pulled out a criminal procedure book from a couple of years ago: The people are under no obligation to open their files to the defense Discovery in criminal cases cannot be ordered  beyond what is allowable by statute, example there is no requirement for disclosing the identities of witnesses, where a witness came to the prosecution's attention during trial the prosecution was entitled to call the witness.
Except that failure to disclose certain discoverable material is a due process violation per Brady & Giglio. That’s not a statutory issue but a constitutional issue and it’s mandated to be turned over even absent of a statutory requirement. I don’t understand why prosecutors don’t just have an open file policy with the exception of certain CI related issues which is different.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 4:32:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

They're threatening to let inmates vote in the county where they are housed in prison. Inmates will be able to elect inmates to judge and sheriff positions in rural counties that have huge jails Anything to cement NYC's current hold on power.
View Quote
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top